VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello ,My friends

I Run DOSBox in Win 2003 ,I have Network Novell in Dos but when mount drives'Novell in DOSBox and run my program sorry dont excute right becuse my program dont found the path please hint me

with regard

Reply 2 of 9, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe you'd get better results executing your program through VMWare (some versions are free). The rule about emulators is:

- For playing games: use DOSBox. It's unbeatable emulating sound cards and video cards.
- For DOS applications: use VMWare. Included Parallel port support, and it emulates a PC, not DOS. You may install DOS and Netware drivers and it will work flawlessly.

(P.S.: If you don't need printer or net support under DOS and your app works with DOSBox, forget about VMWare)

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 3 of 9, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want run application'Dos version in another computer with Remote by my computer I used many application for Remote connected to that computer for example ( Dame Ware,Remote Administrator) in windows XP,2003 but application'font Cumbered then I showed DOSBox software
and used that. my application is not game and Run in Novell network
can help me VMWare for solve my problem ?
I need solve this problem please help me .
thank you
Best Regard

Reply 4 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you don't need novell for dos.
you have to mount your drives (novell ones) in dosbox like any other drive.
you have to use novell for windows to make the drive avaialable to the host you run dosbox on.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear QBix
I Created Novell's Dirves with Map Drive utility in win 2003 and windows found all drivers then I mount all drivers in DOSBox and I successed
but when Run my SoftWare , sorry My SoftWare dont found drivers and give error about path
I view all of drivers in DOSBox after defined those by mount key but My Application don't view those

Reply 6 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

eftekhary_h, please tell us the commands you use to mount the networked drives in DOSBox.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Tell us the exact commands you use in DOSBox please.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions