VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Casublett

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a way to adjust them?

Normally SB16 emulation is too high and Gravis Ultra sound is too low.. just as examples.

Reply 3 of 9, by Casublett

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BTW, for any that are interested, here is how it works...

mixer channel left:right SB 75 GUS 125

at the dos prompt would set Sound Blaster volume to 75% and Gravis Ultrasound to 125%.

Although I can't find a way to make these options always run on all Configs from the D.O.G. frontend.

Reply 4 of 9, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Casublett wrote:

Although I can't find a way to make these options always run on all Configs from the D.O.G. frontend.

Thank you, now I understand this part of Config.

Will it not work at least, if you enter it in the AUTOEXEC section?
I'm not sure yet if D.O.G offers that, but it should do.

Klimawandel.

Reply 7 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I don't know about D.O.G specifically, but frontends tend to generate their own autoexec-section without offering any way to have user-defined actions appended.

Casublett - one workaround for you is to create a BAT-file with the mixer command, and the command to start your game. Then tell D.O.G to use your BAT-file for starting the game.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 9, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

I don't know about D.O.G specifically, but frontends tend to generate their own autoexec-section without offering any way to have user-defined actions appended.

Bah. If frontends do not support that AUTOEXEC part, the user can't implement DOSBox commands not implemented in the frontend.

I don't know how DOG manage Autoexec lines, I can't found depending stuff in this frontend (current v1.53).

Klimawandel.

Reply 9 of 9, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FWIW, if you use DBGL, you can add any commands in the dosbox.conf of the DOSBox version that you're using, manually. Since DBGL uses multiconfig profile loading, autoexec sections are concatenated and your mixer settings will automatically be used for each and every profile.