Reply 420 of 2280, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You can use the config-command to change almost any setting:

config -set sdl pixelshader=XXXXXX

If you feel lucky you can even try the shorter version:

pixelshader XXXXXX

OBS: This pixelshader thing might not be supported if it is some Guilkoza-hack!

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 421 of 2280, by illuminerdi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's not so much a hack as it is an extension of Guilkoza's DosboxCVS - the shaders themselves aren't included with the download of the CVS version that Guilkoza builds and maintains but support for them is built into his fork of the code, so all it requires is downloading the shaders and a video card compatible with these shaders.

Personally I really hope they build this into the main Dosbox fork eventually, as the shaders offer a much larger degree of graphical freedom than current dosbox does.

If you want to try them out, Guilkoza's page is here: http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/dosbox.html

Reply 422 of 2280, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not sure what when on here possibly messed up Dosbox.conf...

http://abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17919

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 423 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

When you are in "game profile | icon selection" of a game, and you press the "add" button.

= The directory of the icon, that you whant to add an icon inside the game profile, keep the latest directory selected, not the directory of the game that you whant to add an icon.

Normal or not = That the last directory of selecting an icon, is not the game that you edit the profile.

But it keep the latest = If you go more than once without changing the game that you edit the profile, it remain the latest icon directory selector.

See the image below =

-------------------------------

Also, ...

In icon manage section, the "cancel button" do nothing, it dont cancel the erase button choice, and others change.

---

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand

Attachments

Reply 424 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

the second beta version of D-Fend Reloaded 0.6 is available for download from the beta download page now. On this page you can also find a list of all changes and fixes since the first beta release. (Sorry sst, your bug reports were to late for beta 2, but I will look at them the next days and will fix these things for the final release.)

The beta 2 release is string complete to the final 0.6 release. From now on up to the final release of 0.6 only bugs will be fixed. This means if you want to help me and translate D-Fend Reloaded, you can translate this release. A translation of D-Fend Reloaded 0.6.0b2 will be a complete translation of D-Fend Reloaded 0.6.0. The current language files with already added new keys and a list of all new keys is available as usual on the beta download page, too.

Reply 425 of 2280, by aybe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander,

I have now harnessed (somewhat) D-Fend Reloaded,

Suggestion :
- On the "Default Values", can you add the "pixelshader" category ?

------------------------------------

I have played with the "PhysFS" and "Zip file" mounts, been able to make them work but only as read only.

Is there something I forgot ?

When using the mount methods above, i'd like to be able to specify Program and Setup name the usual way (not through Autoexec.bat).
(maybe it can blindly accept the file names when the mounted volume is an archive)

Thank you, 😀

And congratulations for this great software !

Reply 426 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
So about long to short file name translation.
The minimal change your code needs is proving line

If length(Ext)>3 then Name:=Copy(Ext,1,3);

But that is the least problem.
1.DOSBox generates ~n based on name only comparing (without extension) but keeps sort by short name (generated).
2.Only skipped characters are spaces. So it may generate name that it cannot acsess itself.
3. Comparing short names and uppercasing them considers only ASCII chars, so no language specific conversion should be used.
3. When it checks extension length it looks only for first point position and not checks another points presence, so names like '1.2.3' are considered legal 8.3 name (name: '1',extension: '2.3').
3. It tries to skip points starting filename to convert '.profile' to 'profile', but only for long 'extensions', so names likes '.123' are legal.
4.Real file name may coincide the name already generated for another file, so you my have files not accessible in any way. (file location on mounted drive is checked first).
5.The worse: it grounds on the order of files getted by dirty/unsorted directory read. This may change. So internal filenames may be different in different sessions.

Pathes used in mount commands are always external pathes. So you should not use dosbox conversion for them.
Pathes for images (imgmount and boot commands) may lay in dosbox mounted paths and out of them. Use dosbox conversion for former, and system for latter.

In attached file I post pascal module (and test program) in which I have tried to reproduce DOSBox way of this translations. The test prgram demonstrates different modes for conversion function.
You may use this freely, but I think (if you decide to use it in DFR) you should state somewhere that it is based on 0.72 source code.

BTW. While centering dosbox window you show its invisible window 'DIEmWin'. Skip it, please (by title or classname). And maybe status windows should not go centered?

Attachments

• Filename
    LFNtest.zip
    File size
    245.99 KiB
    Downloads
    410 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 427 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,
thank you very much. I have just added this to the DFR sourcecode.

skatz wrote:

Pathes used in mount commands are always external pathes. So you should not use dosbox conversion for them.
Pathes for images (imgmount and boot commands) may lay in dosbox mounted paths and out of them. Use dosbox conversion for former, and system for latter.

I have never used DOSBox short name on mount/imgmount commands. Ths ShortName function is only creating short Windows names. But I am using DOSBox short names for imgmount files now if there are multiple mounts via a temporary mounted folder:
mount Y: C:\MyImages
imgmount D: LONGNA~1.IMG ...
imgmount E: LONGNA~2.IMG ...
mount -u Y:

skatz wrote:

BTW. While centering dosbox window you show its invisible window 'DIEmWin'. Skip it, please (by title or classname).

On my system there is no window names "DIEmWin" belonging to DOSBox. But there two windows called "MSCTFIME UI" and "Default IME" (window titles not class names). Do you mean one of them ?

skatz wrote:

And maybe status windows should not go centered?

Why ? (I'm not using the center DOSBox function and the console window is hidden normally on my system. So I really don't know the pros and the contras of centering the console window.)

And to answer the other posts:

@sst:

• I have changed the way the initial directory is chosen in the icon manager. (The "select custom image" open dialog already used the game directory as initial directory.)
  • Too long name for "View DOSBox conf file": Sorry, this is a problem of finding a storter translation; there is no more space in the dialog and making the dialog window wide could cause the dialog not shown on each resolution completely.
  • Pressing "Cancel" in icon selection dialog: The cancelation is only related to the icon selection process, not to the other changes made in the dialig. (Just like the normal Windows file selection dialogs. If you delete a file from this dialog, pressing "Cancel" won't undo the delete.)

@aybe:

• At the moment setting a pixelshader is not supported in D-Fend Reloaded. In DFR 0.7 I'm planning to support more CVS features including the pixelshader. If the pixelshader is supported in the profile editor it will also get an own category on the default values page.
  • Read only "PhysFS" and "Zip file" mounts: I don't understand exactly what you mean. Do you mean you cannot store files inside DOSBox on mounted zip files or do you mean the changes are lost when closing DOSBox ? (The first shout not happen at all - as long a you have set up a write directory when using PhysFS - and the second thing happens if you have not selected "Repack folder content to zip file when DOSBox terminates" in the drive setup dialog.)
  • Starting files with path names relative to a mounted zip file or image: Yes, you can tell D-Fend Reloaded to rely blindly on the path name you have entered without trying to translate them to a DOSBox path. All you have to do for this is activating the "File name is relative to DOSBox directory structure" checkbox directly below the program or setup edit field.

Reply 428 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
At first, I've attached russian translation for 6b2 version.

About window centering: on XP I have only 'DIEmWin' window. It is small and, after centering, it appears above DOSBox window. (I have no Vista at home, will check morrow at work). Anyway no alien windows should be bring to front. (for flitering windows: don't forget about debug window, it is consoled and has title 'DOSBox Debugger').
About centering console window. For already setted games I also hide console. But when troubleshooting some difficulties, I need its output. By default, main window displays above console slightly shifted and they both are visible. After centering, console is almost hidden under main window.

And again, bugreport:

1. Save.HintVideoPlayer text not used (shows save sound hint for videos)
2. DOSBox version warning button is not visble in setup dialog DOSBox frame (only after directory edit is changed)
2. CouldNotCopyFiles message not used (uses message for single file)
3. Profile editor: in ini file line 'Mounting.DriveType.' used for Harddisk(zip). Maybe change it to 'Mounting.DriveType.Zip' ?
4. First run Wizard: Checkbox SearchForUpdatesNow - does not call update program.
5. In zip manager dialog: caption refers to DOSBox only and not to ScummVM
6. Add profile wizard: Scumm Mode, second page (select folder and game), 'Explorer' button is not translated.
7. Add profile wizard: DOSBox mode, third page(choose template),wizard(dosbox), topmost '?' button explaining autosetup approach, shows template settings over its text
8. QuicksStarter, ini-file value 'Columns.Type.Image' is refered both by Image and HDImage type (in my translation I used 'Columns.Type.HDImage')
9. QuickStarter, right clicking on the file line (and anywhere on filelist) but not on filename, shows popup menu, all items enabled, all(which need file) do nothing.
10. QuickStarter, OpenFileInEditor feature with default text editor setting do the same action as open. Maybe you should find editor under 'type\shell\edit\command' reg key instead of 'type\shell\open\command'. Notable exception: txt files by default has only 'open' key - this should be used fro fallback.

11. Losing main window position after minimize is still present. How to reproduce: Change window size to something not very big. Minimize and restore window. All is OK. Now move window (do not resize it) to another position, e.g. to another screen size. Minimize, restore - window is in previous position.

12. Drag&Drop: after displaying confirmation message to overwrite file, make sure that CopyFile operation is set to overwrite mode.
13. Drag&Drop: dragging files to main window (list and tree) works well, but using screenshot/data area has problems: I can successfully drop only on 'Screenshots' tab; Audio/Video have drop enabled cursor, but dropping bfings no result; Data - has drop disabled cursor

14. Profile editor(old style), serial dialog (not frame) 'Help' button not translated
15. Serial port keywords. Lowercasing first letter is not enough, process all line. And as I see for 'modem' option there is only 'listenport' parameter, no 'server' and 'port'. Have you found them in some CVS build?

16. What about restoring minimized window for Scumm profile? Later?

17.Setup dialog, DOSBox frame. Access violation on clearing path to DOSBox. (more settings dialog has same effect)

Attachments

• Filename
    Russian.ini
    File size
    72.55 KiB
    Downloads
    277 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 429 of 2280, by illuminerdi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Aybe,

If you go back a page, you'll see that I too recently encountered the pixelshader issue.

A quick workaround for now is to go into the "Dosbox Settings" option under the game's profile and in the Additional Settings box put in:

[SDL]
pixelshader=XXXXXXX

(where XXXXX is the name of the shader you're using - don't forget you have to put int he whole filename like bilinear.fx)

And that should make it work through D-Fend Reloaded until they get added in a later version.

Reply 431 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alexander!

1. In FirstRunWizard immediate update works - I forgot about silent mode.

2. DIEmWin - is a hidden window created by DirectInput8 (hence no effect on Vista with DX10) to receive input. When running DOSBox in DirectX mode its process has this window.

3. Effect of losing focus of main window still present. How to reproduce:
Close all windows. Run DFR. Set 'minimize on run DOSBox' and 'restore after close'. Open DOSBox Readme.txt in notepad. Move DFR window above Notepad's. All is prepared.
Now run standard 'DOSBox DOS' profile. DFR goes to taskbar/tray. DOSBox runs. Now close DOSBox. DFR is restored. Its window is on top. But its caption has inactive colour, and Notepad's caption has active. (In Vista Aero-style this colours are, unfortunately, not very different.) Now you may press PageUp/PageDown and see that Notepad's text is scrolled instead of profiles list.

Reply 434 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update:

(All bug numbers from skatz long post.)

Fixed bugs: 1, 2, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 14.
Deleted due to new post: 4.
Fixed as good as possible / strings need to be rechecked in the next version: 5.
Added to my 0.7.0. todo: 16.
Fixed first part but can not reproduce second part: 13. (Drag&Drop: Data - has drop disabled cursor)

Rest (11, 15, 17 and centering window) is still open.

Additionally there seems to be still a bug in the image cache used when displaying the games list in screenshot mode. (If different games use the same filename (in different dirs) for the screenshot to display sometimes the wrong file is displayed.)

Reply 435 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And some more: 15 is fixed.

And as I see for 'modem' option there is only 'listenport' parameter,
no 'server' and 'port'. Have you found them in some CVS build?

No, it's from the official 0.72 build. There is not much information about setting up modem. The readme is not saying anything at all. But in the dosbox.conf there are this lines:

[serial]
# serial1-4 -- set type of device connected to com port.
# Can be disabled, dummy, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
# Additional parameters must be in the same line in the form of
# parameter:value. Parameter for all types is irq.
# for directserial: realport (required), rxdelay (optional).
# for modem: listenport (optional).
# for nullmodem: server, rxdelay, txdelay, telnet, usedtr,
# transparent, port, inhsocket (all optional).
# Example: serial1=modem listenport:5000

Sorry, don't have any more information.

And last but not least: All translations expect the French one are ready by now. - But I still have to fix 6 remaining bugs.

Reply 437 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alexander!

#              for modem: listenport (optional). 
# for nullmodem: server, rxdelay, txdelay, telnet, usedtr,

So: for modem - only listenport, all other settings - for nullmodem (which is not modem at all)

Reply 438 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

---
Can you know, if the source can be compiled in x64 amd64 ?
-
The x64 compilation = i know it maybe not needed, but to have a 100% x64 computer that, all drivers and softwares, are = "x64" = then it will be cool.
-
I think of the x64 software needed in some months or years, when the x32 will not be used anymore, or only x64 code "Maybe in Windows 7 ?".
-
Also what compiler name, someone can compile the x32 code for D-Fend Reloaded ? (x32) or maybe (x64) compiler?
---

No new bug to report, ...

---

Still wait for the Release Candidate = RC version, ...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand