Topic actions

Reply 800 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Some notes on new version:
1.Scannning game folders:
a)Naming scheme 'by folder' does not work, (you pass path with delimiter and then skip all parts ended with delimiter).
b)name scheming does not apply to profiles recognized by autosetup template. I think it is by design, but you should mention it somewhere.
2. Main setup dialog, defaults page:
too many options with same names (such as: Address, DMA, IRQ, etc)
may be you may make them separate strings, or use some prefix(eg: Sound Balster: Type). To divide combo's list into some sections would be better, but that is more difficult.
3. An old one - uninistall profile (single and multiple):
when you select one of theese - game list is totally cleared. Of course, it is restored after operation, but this does not look nice. And more: if you cancel operation, current list position is lost.

Reply 801 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just thought of another suggestion for D-Fend Reloaded. I hope I'm not pushing my luck. 😀 I just started using D-fend Reloaded as a frontend for my C64 games using WinVICE to load them. I figured since DFR already supported ScummVM and Windows programs, I could do the same with C64 images. I've figured out where and how to plug in the command line parameters in DFR and it works great, it's just a little time consuming having to type it all in that way.

Is it possible to add a quick wizard to do this, maybe in the version after next? If you need the info on what command lines need to be used, I'm more than willing to help with that.

Thanks Alexander!

Reply 802 of 2280, by IG-88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If we are making up a wish list here how about adding the option to completely remove all toolbars in a fullscreen mode? Hiding the min, max and X buttons and all the file, view, run, profile buttons ect. ect. Totally hiding the "widows" look. You can still select the games with the arrow and enter keys. THAT would look cool!

Reply 803 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@skatz:
Thank you for the bug reports. 1 and 2 are fixed. The list position loose problem is fixed, too. But the list clearing is by design: This was a bug fix some releases ago to fix some access violation if the games list trys to display some tooltips for profile records not existing any more just before reloading the list.

@Ranthalion75:
First of all: Your notes tab in the main window will be available in 0.8b2. WinVICE etc.: I'm not going to add a forth platform (next to DOSBox, ScummVM and Windows). DFR was not designed to manager profiles other than DOSBox in the beginning. This means addind ScummVM and Windows was already a bit complicated (many if...then cases in many units). But if there's a way to use WinVICE games via Windows profiles, we can think of making this as easy as possible.

@IG-88:
I do not understand what this mode should be good for, but anyway I can do this. I have implemented a borderless fullscreen mode just today (selectable via the "Window size at program start" dropdown box in the setup dialog). And some options to hide the toolbar or the menubar from the "View" menu will be added next. (Hiding the toolbar from the setup dialog is already available in 0.7). But there will be no way to hide the menubar and the toolbar at the same time. Because in this case there would be no possibility to restore them (because the "View" menu and the setup dialog are not reachable anymore). If the menubar is turned off the context menu of the toolbar will offer a "Show menubar" menu item.

Reply 804 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can send or post one of my C64 game profiles, made through the Windows Profile Wizard if it would help.

Like I said, it works fine. I just have to stick the location of WinVICE into the "Program" box, and the settings for WinVICE and the location of the C64 image in the "Program parameters" box.

It's just a pain to punch all that in when your emulator and images are 4 or 5 folders deep.

Thanks again for my soon to be had Notes tab! Whoo hoo!

Reply 805 of 2280, by IG-88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thats cool. The only reason I was wanting to hide those items is to get rid of the "windowsy" look to the game selection screen. If I understand you correctly a borderless full screen option would eliminate them anyway correct?

If not then perhaps a hot key (one of the f-keys or pgup, pgdwn or alt+ combination) could be used to eliminate all tool bars and menu bars. Therefore providing a nice clean look to the selection screen with only the game captures on the screen. Would work great in an arcade cabinet. You could navigate around with the joystick and hit enter when you want to select a game. Which frankly, is what I'm working towards. 😉

Reply 806 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded 0.8, Beta 1 "PortableApps package".

Windows 7 RC x64 Ultimate Build #7100 French Canadian, [UAC disabled = User Account Control disabled], 8 Gig Ram.
---

1) The language type "multilingual", must be "Multilingual" = [with a "M" in uppercase].

2) The option "Pause", is not inside "Edit multiple profiles... | Settings to change | DOSBox priority (background)".

3) Default dosbox installation, display Screenshot of the v0.72, then it must be a Screenshot of the v0.73

4) Can you made an option to import all icon(s) ".ico", [inside the sub-directory(s) ".\VirtualHD\", and/or the game sub-directory(s)], To the ".\IconLibrary\" directory ?

--

---------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 807 of 2280, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander!

I have downloaded and tried the beta version of D-Fend reloade .8.0. What i am mostly interested in are the basic changes for the usage with DOSBox 0.73. Great work really! However there is an option which i do not really understand.

In the Drive mounting section of the Setup Wizard there ist an option about: "disable mounting of Drives after DOSBox start". What is the purpose of this option?

Greetings
tsampikos

Reply 808 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tsampikos wrote:

In the Drive mounting section of the Setup Wizard there ist an option about: "disable mounting of Drives after DOSBox start". What is the purpose of this option?

It's the -securemode introduced in 0.73

Klimawandel.

Reply 810 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tsampikos wrote:

Hmmm ok.Thank you!Schuld we have this option checked or not?

• If you let other peoples to your pc (they could mount something OS relevant)
• If you don't check "exit DOSBox after game exit"

Klimawandel.

Reply 812 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

- If you run software downloaded from random sites 😉

... that want to execute "mount c c:", then try a format c: command.

Klimawandel.

Reply 814 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sst:
1-3: fixed; 4: Good idea. This will definitively be the last new feature for 0.8. At the moment I have also got some other smaller things on my todo and will try to release 0.8b2 beginning of next week.

@tsampikos:
The "Disable mounting of drives after DOSBox start" is exactly the DOSBox securemode option. It will be one by default in all templates and because securemode=on is the default for the TGame object, it will be one on all profiles where it's not turned of explicitely. A good idea is to let it turned on for all profiles except the "DOSBox DOS" command line profile (where you might want to mount something manually). Having the securemode one is like working with a non admin account: It's very good if you want to test things you do not trust (downloaded from random sites...) and it's also not bad in any other case.

Reply 816 of 2280, by Vicman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Ranthalion75 wrote:

I can send or post one of my C64 game profiles, made through the Windows Profile Wizard if it would help.

Hi Ranthalion75,

I'm interrested in this profile !
Please, can you post it here, or per PM 😉

Ciao,
Vicman

Reply 819 of 2280, by Vicman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

O.K. ,

I have tested the "C-64 - Emulation" in DFR.....
And I think, this is really a Great Feature for DFR !

Other windows-based emulators should work, too, in this way ?!

So you can make a nice Multifrontend 😁

EDIT :

I've also testet it with WinVice-Emulation for the Commodore VIC-20
And that works, too ! 😎