D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 961 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

Hi sst,

having exact auto setup templates for Space Quest 2 and 3 is no problem. (Right after installation DFR only knows Space Quest 4 and 5.) Manually create profiles for Space Quest 2 and 3, open the templates editor (Extras|Templates) and choose on the "Auto setup templates" Add|Template from profile. Select the two Space Quest profiles to be added as auto setup templates. Double click the first new Space Quest auto setup template (which opens the template profile editor dialog), go to the "Additional checksums" page and add checksums for some Space Quest unique files from the Space Quest program directory. Repeat this for the second new Space Quest profile. With this D-Fend Reloaded should be able to recognise Space Quest 4 and 5.

I have send to you a private message that contain, auto setup template for Space Quest games.

Please confirm, that you have receive it and the ".zip" file attached, is corrrect, ...

If you have not receive the private message, then what is your email ?

Last edited by sst on 2009-09-29, 22:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 962 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
segamiga wrote:

1. Showing videos in the games list is far out of the things I can do.

Not even multiple icons? Jpeg sequences? Animated gifs?

The Delphi TListView component I'm using for displaying the games list is the same one as in the Windows XP Explorer. So I can do more or less the same things as in the Explorer files list.

Having more functions in this list would require a complete rewrite of the list functionally. Every draw function, mouse and keyboard event handler etc. So this is really far out of the things I have enough time for.

Reply 964 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander

On my system the contrast between the background color (of the first two columns) and the text color is no problem, but anyway I have made the background a bit brighter.

mm.. I was not clear enough.
It's not a bug, it's a suggestion.
In order to find quickly untranslated phrases (they are lost in dozens of entries), I suggested to give them a different background color.
Another possibility can be to add a checkbox at the top of the panel: "Display untranslated text only" to not display already translated lines (and fully translated categories, by the way).

I cannot reproduce the invisible cursor problem. I'm using a Delphi default control (TStringGrid) which is using some Windows default edit component. So if the cursor is invisible there, it is very likely it will be invisible in other edit fields.

I confirm that the text cursor is invisible only in the translation panel.
No problem in other panels.
Sorry.

Another problem, you know already, is the impossibility to edit/save a translation in its location (in the program directory).
I suggest to install all translation files in "%appdata%\D-Fend Reloaded", for example.

Thank you.

Reply 965 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded 0.9b1 will copy language files from the program folder "Lang" subfolder to the user data "Lang" subfolder. (If there is the same language file in the user data folder subdirectory and in the program folder subdirectory, the user data one is used.) This should fix the first problem. I have also added new "Show" button with a "Show all entries" / "Show untranslated entries only" popup menu.

And one more thing: In 0.9b1 it will be possible to use any image file as profile icon. Also the icon manager can handle image files.

Most things for 0.9b1 are done by now, so I'm going to try to release this first beta release by next week.

Reply 967 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use now inside dosbox software, "dosbox.conf" =

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
output=ddraw
aspect=true
scaler=auto

Then i have, try it inside D-Fend Reloaded, ...

It now fix the fullscreen problem when playing dos game, on my LCDScreen = 1366x768, 16:9, 18.5 inch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. [i dont know if "scaler=auto", is a real option], but it have fixed the fullscreen bug.

---

Reply 968 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today I have a good and a bad news. The bad news is, there will be no 0.9 beta 1 with in the next few days. The good news is, I have mailed with the author of mkdosfs.exe, which is used by D-Fend Reloaded for making disk images. Until last week mkdosfs.exe was not able to create partition tables, so floppy disk images could be created but no really useable harddisk images. The new version of mkdosfs.exe is able to create complete harddisk images now. With this DFR is able to create FreeDOS based bootable harddisk images with just one click. (And without using any non open source MS tools.) So creating profiles for booter games will get much easier. But until now there are still some little bugs in the fat creating code in mkdosfs.exe resulting in some lost clusters on each new image. When this is fixed, I can release 0.9b1.

@skatz: When mkdosfs.exe is completely done, I will need your help again compiling it the right way for wider charset compability. I will PM you then.

With this new harddisk image creating capability I can think of some interesting features for version 1.0. Game not running in the DOSBox DOS emulation? (This only happens very seldom, but there are some programs.) No problem, just one click and the game will be packed together with some FreeDOS boot files into a harddisk image and the profile will be changed. (But as already said, this is a far away idea for 1.0.)

Reply 970 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,
I have just finished the first beta version of D-Fend Reloaded 0.9. It brings a lot of interesting features; you can find it as usual on the beta download page. This first beta version is not string complete and even not feature complete. So if you have any ideas for new features, tell me.

BTW: D-Fend Reloaded has been downloaded over 250,000 times by now. 😀

Reply 971 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 Beta 1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rename screenshot(s) of profile(s) = Please made an option, to Global Change all profiles.

= For the moment, i have to go inside a profile, but no option to made all profiles.

= It work correctly to rename screenshot(s), of one profile.
---
I have not found bug inside the "v0.9 Beta 1".

I will futher test, soon.
---
Please respond me soon as possible, ... Thanks in advance, ...
---

Last edited by sst on 2009-09-29, 22:43. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 972 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Alexander wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have just finished the first beta version of D-Fend Reloaded 0.9. It brings a lot of interesting features [...] This first beta version is not string complete and even not feature complete. So if you have any ideas for new features, tell me.

Now that you mention it, latest D.B.G.L. can import data (name of game, year, publisher / distributor, genre, etc.) directly from Mobygames with just one click by editing the profile. I'd love to see that in DFR too.

Reply 973 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'd like to see that too if it's possible. 😊

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 974 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote:

Suggestion: It would be nice if when setting up a profile for an individual game, you could tell it to use the current setting from the default template for various settings. I've found that I often want to tweak a setting and make it apply to most (if not all) profiles, but I currently have to edit each profile one at a time to propagate the change.

This would also be useful for the auto profiles because they'd only have to override the settings that are relevant to the specific game they're intended for.

Alexander wrote:

@HunterZ:
Interessting idea, I will think about this in version 0.9.

I looked at the change notes but didn't see anything about this. Are you still planning to look into it?

Reply 975 of 2280, by mandark0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

Suggestion: It would be nice if when setting up a profile for an individual game, you could tell it to use the current setting from the default template for various settings. I've found that I often want to tweak a setting and make it apply to most (if not all) profiles, but I currently have to edit each profile one at a time to propagate the change.

just a question:
have you tried the "extras > edit multiple profiles"-function?

i think you could use this function to achieve, what you need to do, very easily.

Reply 976 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you notice: profile editor > tools button > reset this page / all pages to template / auto setup template ?

(renaming the screenshots for multiple profiles at once: added to my 0.90b2 todo; directly inserting data from an internet page to the meta data section would require DFR to interpret the loaded page, this could be a bit tricky, don't know if I can make this in 0.9. - 0.9final should be out before Christmas by all means.)

Reply 977 of 2280, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, it's tricky and falls to pieces whenever the Moby pagetemplate is altered somehow. If you want to take a look at my implementation, look in the file /src/java/org/dbgl/util/MobyGamesUtils.java .

Reply 978 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I look at the latest version of your software, and found, that inside = "Language French Canada .ini"

Before :
Codepage.Default=437

Must be now
Codepage.Default=858

Please change it to = 858

It seem that dosbox 0.73 final version, dont use code 437 for the command = "keyb cf".
---
Please respond me soon as possible, ... Thanks in advance, ...
---

Reply 979 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update:

• Switch "Rename all screenshots from this profile / for all profiles" is done.
  • Floppy image / harddisk image switch in "Create image from folder conent" is also done.
  • Code page in French Canada language file is changed.

Reading information from mobygames.com
Thank you, rcblake. But I have implemented an other solution now. It's a bit more flexible (tag names and tag id's are configurateable etc.). I have got a test implementation here. But because there is still a lot of work for integrating this in DFR, I don't know if this will become a 0.9 or a 1.0 feature.