Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1000 of 2280, by eraH_retired

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Hi Alexander, just wanted to say thanks for creating an awesome application.

Here is a better screen shot of what SST meant. I'll do a bit of research on why it isn't using the nice icon.

Attachments

Reply 1001 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi eraH,
thank you, perhaps Win7 is using the window icon and not the application icon (as the Explorer does) and perhaps I haven't updated the window icon, I will check this tomorrow.

BTW The mobygames reader developer field bug is fixed: I was writing the content of the developer checkbox ("Developer") instead of the content of the label below this checkbox to the profile, sorry.

Reply 1002 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander, write =

Update checker problem:
Could you please change the language to English so I can understand the error message? The update checker (located in <DFR program folder>\bin\UpdateCheck.exe) has not been changed for some versions so it's very unlikely there is a bug in this program. Maybe this is a Win7 incompability?

Respond =
I have set enabled the option to = search an update at each start of the D-Fend Reloaded software.

I think the bug is related to = ([D-Fend Reloaded software try to made the automatic search for an update] at the same time of when i use the option from the menubar "search for an update".)

See this screenshot, ... for erros messages displayed in English.
---
Please respond me soon as possible, ... Thanks in advance, ...
---

Attachments

• Filename
    UpdateChecker.jpg
    File size
    159.86 KiB
    Downloads
    228 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1003 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update:

• The main window used the old, small icon. I have exchanged this now. I hope now also Win7 will use the right icon for DFR in the taskbar.
  • The favorite checkbox has moved to above the games information table leaving more free space for the two buttons ("Search game at ..." and the mobygames data reader) now.
  • The game package downloader is running in a background thread now so the user interface should not freeze anymore while starting the download.
  • The changes to the download component broke compability with downloads.sourceforge.net so the multiple games packages are not downloadable in 0.9b2. Of course this is fixed now, too.
  • Starting a second instance of the update checker while the frist instance has not yet terminated can cause an "File Write Error". By now DFR will not allow to start a second instance before the first one hasn't closed.
  • If the update check URL is not reachable a "SendRequest Error" message appeared. Now the update checker will say it cannot access the given URL.

@sst:
The last point will not solve your problem, it only makes the message a bit clearer. I don't know why the update checker cannot access the file. Perhaps Windows is blocking the internet access for this programm?

Reply 1004 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Testing 9b2:
1.Rename all screenshot functions:
a) when renaming for all profiles messages about absent files for some profiles are displayed. Too many messages. Show them for single profile only or show a message with a list of profiles.
b) maybe when inserting file number into filename use more than 1 digit (2 for >=9 files, 3>=99 etc). Then you will get tenth file on tenth place, instead of second.

2.Packages:
a)Downloading multiple game packages I recieve html file ("Your D-Fend Reloaded download will start shortly…"). Well, it may by caused by Internet Explorer 8 (sourceforge dowloads do not redirect to mirror immediately). BUT! You save file with .exe extension and launch it as .exe! Add some check (at least 'MZP' should be first three bytes) Do you have some checksum?.
b) created package with iconset has wrong close tag '\Icon' instead of iconsets.
c) In local repository filename with space character has %20 in it. Wnen importing such file a message appears about absent file. How to reproduce: export modern icon sets to a package file, and import this package back.
d) 'Delete cached file' button brings 'List index' message.

Reply 1005 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All bugs are fixed.

skatz wrote:

Testing 9b2:
1.Rename all screenshot functions:
a) when renaming for all profiles messages about absent files for some profiles are displayed. Too many messages. Show them for single profile only or show a message with a list of profiles.

The message "No files to rename" will only be displayed when renaming the media files for a single profile.

skatz wrote:

b) maybe when inserting file number into filename use more than 1 digit (2 for >=9 files, 3>=99 etc). Then you will get tenth file on tenth place, instead of second.

I already used this but the algorithm failed when renaming exactly 10, 100 etc. files (it was round(ceil(log10(Nr of files)) so 10 files produced 1 while 11 was 2; now I'm using round(ceil(log10(Nr of files +1))).

skatz wrote:

2.Packages:
a)Downloading multiple game packages I recieve html file ("Your D-Fend Reloaded download will start shortly…"). Well, it may by caused by Internet Explorer 8 (sourceforge dowloads do not redirect to mirror immediately). BUT! You save file with .exe extension and launch it as .exe! Add some check (at least 'MZP' should be first three bytes) Do you have some checksum?.

From beta 1 to beta 2 I tried to make the downloader behave a bit more like a real browser (more fields in the http header). But one of them was not good for the sourceforge redirection system. In rc1 this will be fixed. Additionally now I'm doing some simple check if the downloaded file is of the right type.

skatz wrote:

b) created package with iconset has wrong close tag '\Icon' instead of iconsets.

Fixed.

skatz wrote:

c) In local repository filename with space character has %20 in it. Wnen importing such file a message appears about absent file. How to reproduce: export modern icon sets to a package file, and import this package back.

I already used a replace(URL,'%20',' ') when interpreting a URL as a local path - but replace only replaced the first occurence of %20. Fixed.

skatz wrote:

d) 'Delete cached file' button brings 'List index' message.

Fixed.

Reply 1006 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Next portion:
1. When adding new profile for 'other platform' after selecting game file you show new windows game profile with empty name. I suggest to use selected game file name for it.
2. Whent you try to create profile name from file name in wizard - access violation when filename (not path) has spaces (C:\Program files\command.com - is OK, but 'c:\com mand.com' - not.
3. Reseting profile values values to template defaults - I think that Game Info page should be allowed to reset (at least for autosetups)
4. When converting archive mount to normal if you cancel archive file selction dialog - process trys to continue.
5. Mount editor: PhysFS - move slightly down archive file selection button.
6. Mount editor: PhysFS - popup menu on 'make normal mount' has items without OnClick events.
7. In packages manager games filter list is not translated (genre and languages), autosetup templates filter list is empty.
8. XML parser (in packages) crashes when &-character occurs in filename or in string field. (Some other chars may be problematic: %, quotes, <, > and all chars below $20 and above $7e) Convert them to & amp ; etc.

Reply 1007 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,
thank you for beta testing, nearly all of your reported bugs are fixed by now. There is only one thing I cannot reproduce:

autosetup templates filter list is empty.

For me the auto setup templates filtering in the profile editor is working. But the menu items are only displayed if there is something to filter. (For example there have to be two different genre names in the list for the "Genre" menu item to appear.)

Additionally I have a bad and a good news about the mobygames data reader:
The bad one: The mobygames.com site has changed and the DFR data reader is not working anymore.
And now the good one: Because I haven't hardcoded the html tags to look for on the mobygames search results page, I was able to fix this by changing the DataReader.ini file on the server. So there is no need to update any program file to get the reader to work again. (DFR is reading the DataReader.ini file from sourceforge on first use of the mobygames data reader each day - or if you manually delete the DataReader.ini in the DFR settings directory.)

Reply 1008 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
About autosetup templates filtering - you are right, it works.

About XML encoding again (if you already done this, skip following paragraph):
All values (quoted) and filenames(urls) should be encoded. Including data in User.xml and DFR.xml. When you add custom repository encode its filename(url) added to user.xml. And when creating packagelist do not forget encode its description. Encoded chracters are transparently converted by XMLDoc reader, so you do not need to convert them back.
Characters that shoud be converted:

<     & # 60;
> & # 62;
& & # 38;
' & # 39;
" & # 34;

Convering for spaces (%20) in urls is aleready done well. If you decide to convert another character to %num; do this before xml

conversion.
Characters 0-31 and 127 should be presented as & #0; - & #31; and & #127;.The most difficult part upper ascii table part (128-255). Encode them also in &#code; form, but code should be of unicode character. (convert char to widechar, test with some umlauted vowel). National characters will be stored in most portable way.

In download manager information panel ('you have no lists...') is visible when you have only icons or iconsets listed.

Please, describe in help that pressing shift key when updating download lists forces full update.

Exporting iconsets: some inconsistency in usage of long and short names. You show long name (from icons.ini) in list. and use it as set name and archive name in package. Well. When importing this package you use same name for creating FOLDER under IconSet. And check if this folder exists when showing iconset in download manager. E.g. 'Modern icon set' (in 'Modern' folder) after export and import appears also in 'Modern icon set' folder.

Language editor:
Top line will look better in fixed color. Set fixedcolor to default and add following code

procedure TLanguageEditorForm.TabDrawCell(Sender: TObject; ACol, 

ARow: Integer;
Rect: TRect; State: TGridDrawState);
begin
if (ARow>0) and (ACol<2) then
begin
Tab.Canvas.Brush.Color:=$F7F7F7;
Tab.Canvas.FillRect(Rect);
Tab.Canvas.TextRect(Rect, Rect.Left+2, Rect.Top+2, Tab.Cells[ACol, ARow]);
end
end;

Also I think that check(or combo) box instead of 'Show' button would be better.
Captions in top line: language names - translatable. 'Identifier' shoud be translated too. (For now you may use 'Key' line in 'Globals' section).

And about 'License' field. You add it as mandatory to packages, but get it from user defined values. I guess this is a goode reason to make user defines (names&values) translatable. Next version, of course.

Reply 1009 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I've finished DFR9 Russian translation. While checking it I've found some new bugs.

1. Converting zip mount to folder: in message 'archive will be extracted' folder name is always current, even when subfolder was entered. (Extraction uses right folder.)

2. Converting folder mount to zip:
a) empty folder name brings whole drive (\) packing.
b) message 'Cannot pack whole games directory' is not shown when game excutable is under .\VirtualHD .
c) createzip may delete files and folders that are not under DFR Data folder.
Maybe disable this function for external folders?
d) in english text for ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.Hint some part of another hint left at the end of text.

3. Package list creator: IconSets tab caption is not translated.

4. DownloadWaitForm: Abort button caption is not translated.

5. Repositories editor: in official repositories when you first click 'Deactivate', checkbox becames unckecked, but button(menu item) caption left as it was.

6. Package manager: list filter for autosetup and games has items from whole list, even from those items that are not shown because they are already installed.

Attachments

• Filename
    DFR9Russian.zip
    File size
    32.39 KiB
    Downloads
    271 downloads
    File license

Reply 1010 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, because otherwise you probably won't get happy, I have rewritten the whole package lists creating code. Now DFR also uses TXMLDocument for writing xml files instead of writing plain text files. So there should be no need to consider the thousands of special cases anymore.

The information panel visibility problems is fixed, the help file is updated (and in 1.0 the hint for the button will be extended) and the language editor is changed ("Identifier" will become translateable in 1.0).

Iconsets:
If I understand this right, the inconsistency is that after installation the modern icon set is stored in a folder named "modern", but if you make a package called "Modern icon set" from this and then reinstall it, it will be stored in a folder called "Modern icon set". I could rename "modern" to "Modern icon set" in the installer, but in this case the update installer needs to rename "modern" to "Modern icon set" etc. - And I do not see any advantage in this. Why should a user make a package from the default modern icon set?

Mobygames reader:
I have just read in the DBGL thread that the change of the mobygames page was already discovered earlier and just like DBGL I'm just using the old results page at the moment. For use of the new page we might need the program changed but I will have to look at this closer first. Additionally the downloader has to be improved to be able to handle all downloads from scene.org. So there is still a lot to do before rc1.

Reply 1011 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

Thank you again for your language file. Now I've added it to my DFR development build. I can confirm and have fixed most of your reported bugs. But this thing is working for me:

5. Repositories editor: in official repositories when you first click 'Deactivate', checkbox becames unckecked, but button(menu item) caption left as it was.

The activate/deactivate button will be changed in respect to the selected list item. If you click the checkbox left to the item name, the checkbox state will change but not the selection. So if the clicked item was not selected the button in the toolbar won't change. This is the Windows default behaviour.

Reply 1013 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Skatz,
this is fixed now, too. It was just a missing "1": ListView1 instead of ListView in one place.

Additional a second good news:
The html code analyser of the mobygames reader in beta 2 already was quite powerful but the flat configuration ini file did not allow many customization. Now I have rewritten the configuration code for the mobygames reader. Using a new structured configuration file should allow to respond to nearly any page layout change of the mobygames search result and games data pages. (Of couse I'm also using the new results page in my rc1 development build.)

Reply 1014 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander,

I'm working on Brazilian Portuguese translation of DFR 0.9 and I have some doubts:

- How do I get the NSISLanguageID code?

- In the "CharsetSettings" section in the ini file, is it possible adding new characters to be used normally with the program? I'm asking this because I'm missing characters with tilde (~), acute accent (´), grave accent (`) and circumflex accent (^) in such list, which are extensively used in portuguese.

Thanks.

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Reply 1015 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Cpt.Guapo,

Cpt.Guapo wrote:

I'm working on Brazilian Portuguese translation of DFR 0.9

This sounds good. (BTW: I'm still waiting for the Chinese, French and Polish translation to release 0.9rc1.)

Cpt.Guapo wrote:

- How do I get the NSISLanguageID code?

Either by looking into the NSIS language files or - more easily - by asking me: It's 2070 for "Português" or 1046 for "Português Brasileiro".

Cpt.Guapo wrote:

- In the "CharsetSettings" section in the ini file, is it possible adding new characters to be used normally with the program? I'm asking this because I'm missing characters with tilde (~), acute accent (´), grave accent (`) and circumflex accent (^) in such list, which are extensively used in portuguese.

I do not understand exactly what you are meaning. The charset name field is used to set up the charset used by the program ("DEFAULT_CHARSET" means "use system default"). The upper/lower keys are used for the transfer to upper/lower case functions which can by default only transfer the normal Englisch characters. The meaning of the "AllowedInFileNames" key should be clear and the two html keys are used when creating html game lists.

And some little status update: 0.9rc1 is nearly done. At the moment I'm testing it with many games from classicdosgames.com. And while doing this I have done many little improvements to the process of importing plain zip files. Perhaps, if the maker of classicdosgames agrees, we can have many games in the package manager very soon. (At least my internal test list with games from classicdosgames has already 50 games.)

Reply 1017 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Huggybaby wrote:

This program is becoming a monster Alexander! Keep it up!

🤣

Alexander, thank you for the two first responses. But where are located the NSIS files? 😕

As for the third one, considering that I want to write something in portuguese, like maçã (apple or apfel, to you), will the accented characters be correctly displayed?

I'd like to know if it's needed to add other characters to that ini file to be used when I write in my language with the program. In case of the ones used in portuguese, they are: àãõâêôáéíóú and their uppercase counterparts. Those ones are not listed in that section in the ini file, hence my question about it. There there are only vowels with the trema and the eszett...

I hope have been more clear...

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Reply 1018 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Translation = "French" and "French Canada".

---
See file attached, ...
---

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    106.76 KiB
    Downloads
    183 downloads
    File comment
    French Canada Translation.
    File license
  • Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    106.84 KiB
    Downloads
    286 downloads
    File comment
    French Translation.
    File license

Reply 1019 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Cpt.Guapo,

Using this characters in the ini file and therefore in D-Fend Reloaded itself should be no problem. See attached image; I have just changed "File=&Datei" to "File=&maçã" in German.ini. There should be no need to set some special charset value.

The NSISLanguageID is used by D-Fend Reloaded to choose the initial program language. When installing D-Fend Reloaded the installer asks you for the language to use in the installer. When installing the program the installer is writing the language ID to the registry. On first start D-Fend Reloaded is reading this value and looking for a language file with a matching NSISLanguageID=... value. So setting this value once in the language file should be enough and I have already said which values are right for your language file.

To find out the right value yourself you need to install NSIS (Nullsoft installer system) which is used for the D-Fend Reloaded installer (and for installers of many, many other programs). NSIS is open source and can be downloaded from http://nsis.sourceforge.net/. After installation you can find many language files in this folder: "C:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Language files".

If you want to make a complete D-Fend Reloaded translation it would be good to have a Brazilian Portuguese installer, too. The good thing is NSIS already comes with a Brazilian Portuguese translation so the language strings for all the normal things like "Select destination folder" are already there. Only very few D-Fend Reloaded specific strings are needed. If you download the D-Fend Reloaded 0.9b2 source package and unzip it you can find this additional installer language files for the existing translations in the "Install\Languages" subfolder.

@sst:
Thank you very much, I have just added your translations.

I have also recived the Chinese translations by now. So we are really very close to 0.9rc1 now.

Attachments

• CharsetDemo.gif
    Filename
    CharsetDemo.gif
    File size
    6.68 KiB
    Views
    File license