D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1040 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Icons sets in package lists:
1a is changed even so I do not think the folder name is important. D-Fend Reloaded is identifying the icon sets by their names in the icons.ini and not by the folder names. Therefore 1b and 1c are not bugs and have not been changed. If there is an icon set in the PrgDir\Iconsets and an icon set with the same name (not "same folder name") in PrgDataDir\Iconsets always the one in the user data folder is used when selecting it in the setup dialog or when exporting. For language files this is the same. The ones in the user data folder virtually overwrite the ones in the program folder. So everything is right here and no cause for confusing the user with different folder names etc.

Reading and writing xml files:
I can only confirm one problem here. Chars >128 are written as say are to the file (not &auml; etc.). If I write &auml; the xml writer makes &auml; from this. So using &auml; for ä etc. is no good idea. The other special chars like " are automatically translated when writing the xml file. When reading an xml file chars >128 are still ok, only the & < etc. are not retranslated. I have added a decoder for these things to the xml reader now. So for me this problem is solved.

Real bug:
3 fixed.

Drag&drop:
I have tested this with different browsers now. It works with Firefox and Chrome but not with IE and Opera. You can also drag links to Notepad++ but also only from Firefox and Chrome so this looks like a browser specific thing.

Big program icon on Win7:
Please test if it looks right in 0.9rc2 (not yet out). If there are still problems, I will use the ResHacker workaround.

Shader settings:
I have checked the code and it should work. First the available shaders are added to the dropdown box then the dropdown box is set to the value from the profile. If this value is not in the list, "none" is selected. So if you remove some shader files, open the profile editor, do not even open the graphics page and close it with "Ok", the shader settings can be changed back to "none". Now I have changed this a bit: The pixel shader is only saved back to the profile from the dropdown box when clicking "Ok" if the value of the dropdown box was changed by the user while dialog was open.

Packages list:
There will be some more new downloads available in the packages list later this day.

Reply 1041 of 2280, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Shader settings:[...]

That's great to hear, I think that should be enough to solve it. It's strange and I don't know it was happening for me, I guess it's possible there was a race condition or an overflow somewhere - because it's as if it does scan for shaders but my HQ2x goes back to none. If it happens again in RC2 (when I get it, I'll let you know) perhaps it will require a refinement/recode of the psuedo condition "if renderer=direct3d then scan_for_shaders()" but here's hoping it will be well 😀

Nice done Alex, thanks again for the great software!

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 1042 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that Alexander has given me permission to create a fan page and an official Facebook group for D-Fend Reloaded! 😁

Here are the links:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=173723174570&ref=nf

http://www.facebook.com/pages/D-Fend-Reloaded … 91547083?ref=nf

Spread the word!
Thanks,
Ranth

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1043 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 0.9 release candidate 2 (see beta download page). 0.9rc2 fixes the last issues and is very close to the final version of 0.9. At the moment only the Polish translation is still missing. If there are no new bigger bug reports there will be no further release between 0.9rc2 and 0.9final.

Reply 1044 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for my loooong overdue translation, but better late than never 😀

One more thing, I get an error message whenever I try to open profile editor, options and so on.

Attachments

• Filename
    Polish.zip
    File size
    30.09 KiB
    Downloads
    208 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • dfr09rc2_error.PNG
    Filename
    dfr09rc2_error.PNG
    File size
    6.95 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

30427.png

Reply 1045 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 release candidate 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Translation = "French" and "French Canada".

Tools.ResetAllPages= Remettre a zéro [ tutes ] les pages avec les valeurs par défaut

= The word "tutes', must be "toutes".

Tools.ResetAllPages=Remettre a zéro toutes les pages avec les valeurs par défaut

Alexander: please change at your side, ...

Now the translation is really finish, for the version v0.9. "French" and "French Canada".
---
Alexander: Please include this change, to your software.
---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some strange thing = The "Extras" section contain = "Transfert profiles...", but if i click on it, it show in this window opened, the title is = "Transfert programs to another D-Fend Reloaded installation"

profiles or programs = 😕

---

Also, ... I found a bug = The "All" button, inside "Extras | Transfert profiles". (The button do nothing ) = In example i press "None" button, it uncheck all checkbox, but if i press the "All" button it dont check checkbox, even if i uncheck only one, or uncheck all, it do nothing the "All" button. = Please test at your side.

Reply 1046 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 release candidate 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the Language editor, and just find new lines of texts.

Added inside v0.9 release candidate 2 = It dont have this lines, inside v0.9 release Beta 2 =

ReadWrite.NoFloppyDrive=There is no floppy drive connected to your system.

ReadWrite.NoCDDrive=There is no CD drive connected to your system.

ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.SecurityError=The folder %s is outside the D-Fend Reloaded directory structure. For security reasons it is not allowed to pack and delete folders outside the base directory.

Translated =

ReadWrite.NoFloppyDrive=Il n'y a pas d'unitée de disquette connecté sur votre système.

ReadWrite.NoCDDrive=Il n'y a pas d'unitée de CD connecté sur votre système.

some translation, later i have to go somewhere, and post later, ...

Reply 1047 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi oolie,
thank you very much. I have just added your language file. It's also available for the 0.9rc2 release via the packages manager. I cannot reproduce the "Error while adding a line to RichEdit" message yet. Do you have some more information when this message appers?

Hi sst,
I have changed the strings in the two language files, thank you. Only the ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.SecurityError string is still open. Additionally I have changed the English translation for the menu entry "Transfer profiles..." to "Transfer programs..." and will add an advice in the NewLanguageStrings.txt file for 1.0. And finally the select all button in the dialog is fixed.

Hi skatz,
thank you for your updated language file. I have very little time at the moment but I will take a closer look to your long suggestion list the next days.

Reply 1048 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Hi oolie,
I cannot reproduce the "Error while adding a line to RichEdit" message yet. Do you have some more information when this message appers?

Hmm... I have had DFR 0.8.2 installed for some time. I have downloaded the zip package of DFR 0.9.0 RC2 and unpacked it to my C:\Downloads\ folder (c:\Downloads\D-Fend-Reloaded-0.9.0rc2\). The error pops up when I (for instance): try to open Program options dialog/error/I click OK on the message - the options dialog appears/I click Language tab and select English/error/OK on the message/I click OK to confirm options' changes/error (Cancel button doesn't trigger the error message!). Also when I either click Help/About... or press Shift+F1 the error occurs. And, as I mentioned before, when I try to enter Edit profile dialog. Maybe this happens because of 2 different DFR versions?

30427.png

Reply 1049 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

Added inside v0.9 release candidate 2 = It dont have this lines, inside v0.9 release Beta 2 =

ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.SecurityError=The folder %s is outside the D-Fend Reloaded directory structure. For security reasons it is not allowed to pack and delete folders outside the base directory.

Translated =

ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.SecurityError=Le dossier %s est en dehors de la structure du répertoire de D-Fend Reloaded. Pour des raisons de sécurité on ne lui permet pas de empaqueter et supprimer des dossiers en dehors du répertoires de base.

Reply 1050 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

UpdateDownloadFailed.StringBeforeURL=Cannot access

SingleInstanceMessage=The update checker is already running. Please wait for the update checker to finish before starting it again.

😕 [missing text] = UpdateDownloadFailed.StringAfterURL=

Translated =

UpdateDownloadFailed.StringBeforeURL=Ne peut pas accéder

SingleInstanceMessage=Le contrôleur de mise à jour fonctionne déjà. Veuillez attendre le contrôleur de mise à jour pour finir avant de le reprendre.

Reply 1052 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

Good news Alexander, the icon is working correctly in Win7.

>>> Alexander

Thanks to have fixed, the icon. 😎

Reply 1053 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
thank you, I have just added your new language strings. The strings I have added since beta2 are not official 0.9 language strings so there is no need to search for new strings after beta2. The strings I have added will be new official language strings in 1.0.

Hi oolie,
if also the help|about dialog shows this error message there is somethings very wrong. The about dialog is a very harmless thing. It uses the RichEdit fields on the program license, the components license and the version history page. The window border of your screenshot does not look like the Vista default theme. Do you use some special tool that might cause this problems? I cannot reproduce this error yet. I also haven't changed anything in the help|about dialog from 0.8.2 to 0.9rc2. So I will need some more information to find and fix this.

Reply 1054 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... oolie

Maybe you have installed, a "window skin program", like WindowBlinds ? These type of software can change the Look and Feel of Windows, or mimic an other windows. They can make problem, with software that use internal display of dialog and others display section.

Please verify at your side, ...

Reply 1055 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi sst,

I've been using modded XP (without WindowBlinds, just patched uxtheme.dll) but the error occurs only with DFR 0.9RC2 - no such issues with 0.8.2 on the same system.

30427.png

Reply 1056 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi oolie,

that's a bit strange because there have been no changes in the program info dialog between 0.8.x and all 0.9.0 test releases. Not a single line changed. Also there have been no changes to the global build process etc.

I really don't know what to do here. I have wrapped all commands accessing the richedit controls in the program info dialog in "try... except <nothing> end" blocks so there should be no error messages in rc3 in the info dialog anymore and (more important) the program should just continue with the next command. So you can test here which texts are missing in the info dialog etc. Perhaps we can find out what's going wrong here this way.

Reply 1058 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 release candidate 3", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

In the main game selection, i edit a notes of a game, when i press the "Enter" keyboard button, it start the game.

See file included.

Did it normal to start the game, when pressing "Enter", keyboard button when i edit a Note.

It dont do that in the section = "screenshot, sound/audio, video" section.

Attachments

Reply 1059 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 release candidate 3", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

In the main game selection, i press the "F9" KeyBoard button. It display Quick Starter, after i press an keep pressed, the "F9" keyBoard button, and it display errrors, ...

Edit :

See file included, ...

Attachments