Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1200 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have added INSTALAR and INSTALLE to the list of installation programs. Additionally I have made the list configurable. Also the maximum DOSBox runtime for which the "DOSBox start failed" dialog will be shown can be configured now.

At the moment I'm not planning to make any bigger changes to the D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package. The package is running very well also it's not following all PortableApps rules. Making it compatible with all PortableApps requirements would break compatibility with all D-Fend Reloaded installer packages.

Reply 1201 of 2280, by brutefm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"Exception EReadError in module DFend.exe at 00026ECF.
Fehler beim Lesen von TreeView.Indent: Systemressourcen erschöpft."

I can reproduce this reliably and have a work around for Windows 7 users. This happens for me when I have Aero Glass turned on.

Right-clicking on the Desktop, choosing Personalize, and selecting one of the Basic and High Contrast Themes allows me to run D-Fend Reloaded just fine.

Reply 1202 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BTW, I said the bug where the profile list is automatically rearranged after any changes is gone... I was wrong. The list doesn't rearrange itself after a new profile is added, but it still does after you deleting any profiles or visiting the options menu.

Reply 1203 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@brutefm:
If little DFR throws "Out of system resources" and if this depends on the setup of the window manager there is probably something very wrong. I could think of two causes: First, of course, the systems graphics driver, which always should be up to date. Second, there could be some damaged image etc. DFR trys to load via the Windows API function which fails in case of Aero on (for some not understandable reason). To test the second thing you can rename your DFR user data folder and start DFR. It will create a new user data folder and if it's running this way the problem is due to a file in the DFR user data folder. Now you can close the program and copy subfolder by subfolder the folders from your old to your new user data folder and test again.

@Neville:
I haven't changed anything about the list view from 0.9.3 to 1.0.0b1 so it was very unlikely something changed there. The list view is just a Windows common control, so I only have limited access to the low level functions of it.

Reply 1204 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Some notes on current beta:
Cheating dialogs:
1. Icons on buttons in Apply Cheat and Edit Cheat Database dialogs are not from current iconset.
2. Checkboxes in saved games list have strange behavior:
clicking on any non-first line - clears check marks on previous lines, set current line and left lines after current as they are.

Installation support. I already used it in previous version (as hidden feature), and I may say - it is almost good.
4.You may extent you ISO image validation check with following addresses:

Offsets: $8000, $8018, $9310, $9318
Content: $01,'CD001',$01

These are not only for real ISOs but for raw images also, recognizable by DOSBox.
5.Question: making cd available for game always copies image do dfend data folder. It make take some time (if you have antivirus protection on - a lot of time). Maybe you may this (copying, I mean) an option? E.g. combo with 'Copy/Link/Do nothing' instead of checkbox.
Or more simple solution - add some text explaining this and let the user to decide what he wants 'create full standalone copy' or change profile later.
6.May you explain meaning of multiple installation sources from folder/archives? As I see you only use first source and never advance the list. Am I wrong?
7. Maybe you may use multiple floppy images as cvs feature?

Anyway, new feature are very clever. Thank you for your work.

Reply 1205 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

thank you for testing the beta version. Some remarks:
1. Fixed, also in address search dialog.
2. Fixed.
3. (not existent) ?

You may extent you ISO image validation check with following addresses: […]
Show full quote

You may extent you ISO image validation check with following addresses:

Offsets: $8000, $8018, $9310, $9318
Content: $01,'CD001',$01

That's not true for all iso images. For example in this image http://code.google.com/p/live-android/
only on $8000 there is #01'CD001'#01. On all other addresses there are just zeros.

These are not only for real ISOs but for raw images also, recognizable by DOSBox.

Do you mean bin files? (I'm not using cue/bin images so I haven't checked this.) Does bin files also have #01'CD001'#01 at $8000 ?

6. If there are multiple folders or archives in the sources list, it's possible to change between them at installer runtime. After clicking an
other source, DFR swaps the files and then displays a "Press Ctrl+F4 in DOSBox to updates files list" dialog.
On my system this is working very well. Is DFR behaving in some other way on your system?

Still on my todo: 5 and 7. (BTW: 5 is a typical "I have also thought of this during design time but because of being lazy thought 'perhaps no one else has this idea so I don't need to implement this'...")

Reply 1206 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
About cd check: I meant that mentioned content should be at one of those offsets, not in all places, but only one.
BTW, DOSBox checks these offsets and, if finds needed tag at one of them, decides an image to be ISO. (Well, for final check it tries to load root directory, but it needs previous check to know where to search data).

Reply 1207 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, ISO file check looks at the other addresses now, too. When installing a game via the install support wizard from CD images now the user can choose if he wants to copy the CD image(s) or just link to them. Installing games from multiple floppy disk images is still in on my todo.

Reply 1208 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Another small issue:
In 'Search for updates' dialog pressing 'update' button without internet connection brings access violation.
Reason: In procedure TUpdateCheckForm.UpdateDataReader function call DataReader.LoadConfig does not load config (and returns false), but next operator tries to use it.

Reply 1211 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know, that's why I haven't released DFR 1.0b2 this week. If everything is fine, it will be out next week and will already include DOSBox 0.74. Because I have heared DOSBox 0.74 would be out very soon, I have decided to delay beta2 by moving one feature from the 1.1 todo to the todo for 1.0b2. At the moment I'm still working on this feature (DOSBox language editor). When this is done, I will integrate DOSBox 0.74, update the default values and then release DFR 1.0b2.

Reply 1212 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander
I translate the new words in D-Fend Reloaded 1.0b1.
you can use it next D-Fend Reloaded

Attachments

• Filename
    tr1b1.rar
    File size
    32.61 KiB
    Downloads
    307 downloads
    File comment
    tr1b1
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1213 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hakanates wrote:

Hi Alexander
I translate the new words in D-Fend Reloaded 1.0b1.
you can use it next D-Fend Reloaded

Should we all start translating DFR or wait until next release? It's been a while since I last translated anything and there have been tons of new stuff added since then.

Reply 1214 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The D-Fend Reloaded Beta download pages says:

This version is not string complete to the final release of 1.0. Please do not start translating this version.

What is unclear about this? I have already added new language strings since the release of beta 1 - that's what "not string complete" means. So getting a translation for beta 1 means for me trying the merge the beta 1 translation file to my internal already extended translation file line by line. This is a very annoying and useless work! I have very little time at the moment and will be away from any internet connection from next Tuesday on for about a week, so if the time needed to add the (already outdated) Turkish translation to my internal file will extended the time needed to complete beta 2 over next week Tuesday there will be no beta 2 next week at all.

PLEASE DO NOT START TRANSLATING BETA 1 !!! BETA 1 IS NOT STRING COMPLETE TO THE FINAL RELEASE OF 1.0 ! I HAVE ALREADY ADDED NEWS STRINGS SINCE BETA 1 MEANING YOUR TRANSLATION ALREADY WOULD BE OUTDATED! WAIT FOR BETA 2! BETA 2 WILL BE STRING COMPLETE.

Reply 1215 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I was very hard-working during the weekend and here we are:

D-Fend Reloaded 1.0 beta 2

with full DOSBox 0.74 support and of course also bundled with DOSBox 0.74. With this beta 2 version the string list for D-Fend Reloaded 1.0 got frozen. No new language strings will be added from now on until version 1.0 is released. Only bugs will be fixed. If you want to translate D-Fend Reloaded, this is the right version for you. (See also special language files zip file on the beta download homepage linked above. There are also some new strings in the installer code. If I have received a translation for DFR 1.0b1, I have already added the strings in the zip file.)

Making D-Fend Reloaded compatible to DOSBox 0.74 was a bit more work than I have thought of because DOSBox 0.74 uses a bit changed directory structure and some changed names (for the readme for example). Therefore D-Fend Reloaded 0.9.3 is not able to detect the version of the new DOSBox version and will fall back to "0.72 or below" mode. Only DFR 1.0b2 and above will be able to detect DOSBox 0.72, 0.73 and 0.74 correctly.

Reply 1216 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Inside D-Fend Reloaded = the screenshot of DOSBox is, a v0.73, instead of a screenshot of v0.74.

---

2) See screenshots, ...

2A) (Inside Windows 7 x64) = D-Fend Reloaded is loaded only one time, but it display 2 Windows. (see screenshot).
---
2B) It have several times the same name options, ... = (see screenshot).
It add options sometime when close that section ans return to that section displayed in the screenshot.
---
2C) The installation display the wrong language. = (see screenshot).
---

----------------------------------------
This is my testing for the moment.

---

Attachments

Last edited by sst on 2010-05-17, 20:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1217 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Inside [D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package"] = The download have failed, ... = see screenshot.

---

Attachments

• Filename
    TheDownloadFailed.jpg
    File size
    88.38 KiB
    Downloads
    187 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1218 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

1) Inside [D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package"] = The download have failed, ... = see screenshot.

Same problem insideD-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9.3".

To help to solve that problem =
------------------------------------

i see the downloaded file ["D-Fend-Reloaded-DemoPackage3.exe"], inside the directory = D-FendReloadedPortable\App\Settings\Packages

---

Last edited by sst on 2010-05-17, 20:13. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1219 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
1. Bug with access violation on update dialog without internet connection still presents. Sorry, but when you set correct status label, you forgot to exit procedure (TUpdateCheckForm.UpdateDataReader) and it still tries to execute irrelevant code.
2. Profile.Add.Manually in English file has German text.
3. In LoadGameListTranslations you clear only custom lists for licenses. but not for English lists.
4.When you convert DOSBox language file strings OEM<->ANSI you keep linedraw characters (NoConvertChars) as is. But for Russian this chars has same codes as several letters (in Windows codepage). And if this letter occurs in text it will not be converted back to OEM. I have another suggestion:
make them special as you have done with <ESC>: <UL><HOR><VERT><UR><DL><DR>

BTW, I've done DOSBox translation. It’s already on site.