D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1240 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,

when running in portable mode D-Fend Reloaded is storing the capture folder (just the same way as the base folder, the games default folder and the data files default folder) relatively to the program folder. If it's working for the other three folders it should also work for the capture folder. But if one of this folders was set to a directory which is not a subdirectory of the program folder the function for automatically making the path a relative path, which is run just before the program terminates, won't work. So please try changing it to the right location again in the setup dialog and then closing DFR.

"gb" is added to the Sound Blaster types default values list.

And some little status update:
At the moment I'm still waiting for these language files: Czech, Polish, Portuguese-BR, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese. Even if I don't get updated translations I guess I will release rc1 by the end of this week. (And then making an rc2 when all translations are done.)

Reply 1241 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"gb" is added to the Sound Blaster types default values list.

Since DOSBox 0.74, […]
Show full quote

Since DOSBox 0.74,

sbtype: Type de Soundblaster à émuler. gb est pour Gameblaster
# Valeurs possibles: sb1, sb2, sbpro1, sbpro2, sb16, gb, none.

Please add Soundblaster Gameblaster, inside D-Fend Reloaded "SoundCards section and options.

= sb1, sb2, sbpro1, sbpro2, sb16, gb, none.

Respond =

Alexander write = ["gb" is added to]

But, ... "it is now added" or "it's already added before i write that forum message missing "gb" soundblaster type ?

See screenshot, ...

Please clarify that sentence. = ["gb" is added to the Sound Blaster types default values list].

---

Attachments

• Filename
    SoundBlasterType.jpg
    File size
    84.3 KiB
    Downloads
    191 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1243 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded 1.0rc1
I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 1.0rc1 to the beta download page. This version fixes all currently known bugs and includes all new language files I got so far. Only 4 program language files are still missing. As soon as everything is complete I will release rc2 and shortly after this 1.0final.

Reply 1244 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Release Candidate 1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to not use complicated symbol, inside forum message, like = ( ) " [ ]

---
D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package, bug is fixed, inside "v1.0 Release Candidate 1".
---

1) I see that = when using "Multiple Profile, and select Graphics VideoCard", it always change the value to, "Vesa_oldvbe (VESA 1.2 compatible S3 SuperVGA card)".

---

2) Inside Multiple Profile Cpu, i see Cpu Type have the value : auto, normal, dynamic, simple.

But inside a game configuration, i see Cpu Type have the value : auto, 386, ...

Emulation Core is not displayed, inside Multiple Profile Cpu.
---

3) The text button dont display all letters. See file included.

---

4) Nearly all the time, after installing a "D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package", and re-start D-Fend Reloaded, it made that the MenuBar is in Gray color. See file included.

---

Attachments

Reply 1245 of 2280, by Allan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings and thanks for creating this amazing software.
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I changed my game list view to screenshots, then set the background color to black. Is there anyway to remove the white box around the screenshot image?

Also could the screenshot image be a transparent .png? This would be great for changing the background to an image and for making the screenshots have drop shadows.

Either way i'm very happy with all the new updates, thanks! 😁

dfendshot.jpg

Last edited by Allan on 2010-06-08, 19:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1247 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
After 1.0RC1:
1.In DOSBox language editor you susbtitute linedrwing characters in all lines. I think this should be done only for OEM strings (i.e. omit config file comments). But beside this, all works well.
2. I've repaired some misprints int Russian translation. See file attached.
3. I've made some improvements for Dark Side of Xeen cheat. I'm attaching Cheats.xml for this and pascal code for internal cheat function. (Additionally I've added old archive where I've found cheat data).

Attachments

• Filename
    dbr10rc1_rus.zip
    File size
    37.14 KiB
    Downloads
    307 downloads
    File comment
    Updated Russian Translation
    File license
  • Filename
    xeen_cheat.zip
    File size
    1.81 KiB
    Downloads
    305 downloads
    File comment
    Improved Dark Side of Xeen cheat
    File license
  • Filename
    darkside-uge.zip
    File size
    85.06 KiB
    Downloads
    308 downloads
    File comment
    Source info for Dark Side of Xeen cheat
    File license

Reply 1248 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I've been very busy this week but anyway I have found some time fixing the new bugs:

@sst:
1,2,3: fixed.
4: Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem. Maybe some other window is getting the input focus after DFR is started? If the DFR window looses the focus, the menu gets grayed out. So if the closing "x" button looses its red color at the same this, the gray menu is ok. If not there is something wrong (and I don't know why and what).

@Allan:
In rc2 I will fill the rectangles where the screenshots, icons etc. are drawn in with the background color of the games list before drawing the bitmaps to them. This solves the problem of the white borders.

The runtime library bitmap class was made for use with bmp images. I have added functions for loading jpeg, gif and png images but the core functions still don't know anything about transparency. So I cannot help you with this.

@hakanates:
When starting DFR 1.0b2 or above for the first time on an older installation it is reading all profiles and templates. If it finds a line usecancodes=0 it will add a usescancodes=0 line. (usescancodes=1 is the default, so there is no need to translate usecancodes=1 to usescancodes=1.) In the following only the usescancodes key will be used and the old usecancodes key (which is still present) will be ignored. So everything should be fine.

But anyway I have done a search and replace on all templates now, so the auto setup templates will have (and only have) the correct key right out of the box.

@skatz:
Thank you. 1,2,3: Updated and fixed.

General status: Just waiting for the last 4 language files, everything else is ready for release at the moment.

Reply 1249 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Release Candidate 1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

4: Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem. Maybe some other window is getting the input focus after DFR is started? If the DFR window looses the focus, the menu gets grayed out. So if the closing "x" button looses its red color at the same this, the gray menu is ok. If not there is something wrong (and I don't know why and what).

4) Nearly all the time, after installing a "D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package", and re-start D-Fend Reloaded, it made that the MenuBar is in Gray color. See file included.

In clear, ...

When it display the progressbar at D-Fend Reloaded startup, then D-Fend Reloaded menu is in gray.

See screenshots included.

---

Attachments

• StartupProgressBarMadeLostFocus.jpg
    Filename
    StartupProgressBarMadeLostFocus.jpg
    File size
    11.29 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    StartupProgressBarMadeLostFocus
    File license
  • Filename
    GrayMenuWhenStart.jpg
    File size
    27.32 KiB
    Downloads
    185 downloads
    File license

Reply 1250 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As seen on GrayMenuWhenStart.jpg not only the menu gets gray but the main window also looses focus. In this case graying out the menu is correct. The problem Windows is not giving the focus back to the DFR main window when the load progress window is closing is known and I don't know how to improve this.

Reply 1251 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

Action games package, Downloaded inside D-FendReloadedPortable. After i install Wacky Wheels.

After, ...

D-FendReloadedPortable\App\Capture\Wacky Wheels, contain 2 videos

ww_000.avi
ww_001.avi

The video = ww_001.avi is corrupted.
The video = ww_000.avi have a size of 20 Meg.

---
Please verify your, Action games package.
---

Reply 1252 of 2280, by Schloss Ritter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know what happened, but something broke since I last used D-Fend Reloaded 0.92 a few weeks ago. I didn't make any changes to the OS or hardware since last time, so I have no idea what's going on. Every time I try to start the program GUI now it crashes before anything comes up. Here's the Error signature I get from the Windows XP Error Reporting:
AppName: dfend.exe AppVer: 0.9.3.47 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

I tried reinstalling, but that doesn't help. Neither did uninstalling and upgrading to 0.93 once I saw it was available. I can send the full Windows error report if that's more helpful.

Reply 1253 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sst:
I have removed the corrupted video and will upload the fixed games package within the next days.

@Schloss Ritter:
Because the 0.9.x series of D-Fend Reloaded will be replaced by version 1.0 very soon I would suggest checking if the problem also occurs with the current release candidate of D-Fend Reloaded 1.0: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/BetaDownload.html
If the problem is still present in this version you can check with a new profile (rename the profile folder C:\users\<you>\D-Fend Reloaded). If this solves the problem something was damaged in your profile. (If you want to you can try to find the exact reason by copying back subfolder by subfolder from your damaged profile to the new one.) If all of this does not help, I can compile a special version for you with activated startup logging.

Reply 1254 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

Do you think to made, a D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Release Candidate 2", before the 1.0 version ?

Reply 1255 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,

yes, I'm planning a second release candidate before 1.0final. And with a little luck it will be out tomorrow, too. If there are no new bugs found in rc2, 1.0final can be released by the end of next week. The Polish and the Portuguese language files still are not updated, but I won't delay the release process for these translations much longer anymore.

Reply 1256 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

It display the text that it's an older version.
This problem, is only with the "Platform games package".

See screenshot, ...

Also, ...

Second Reality demo, still whant to install and re-install.

See screenshot, ..

Attachments

• Filename
    ItDisplayOlderVersion.jpg
    File size
    183.67 KiB
    Downloads
    167 downloads
    File comment
    It display the text that it's an older version.
    File license
  • Filename
    ItStillWhantToInstall.jpg
    File size
    212.24 KiB
    Downloads
    192 downloads
    File comment
    It still whant to install.
    File license

Reply 1257 of 2280, by Schloss Ritter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

re: 0.9.x
I actually never installed with the "Use user profile folder..." option since the installer recommended that for Vista. Instead I selected the "Use program folder..." option as it was recommended for XP, which is what I'm using. So, I'm not exactly sure what specific folder or files you were speaking of.

Anyway, I'll give 1.0 a try and see if that fixes the problem. If not, did 0.9.x with the installation option I selected write anything to the registry that's not removed on uninstall? If it did, I guess I'll have to comb through the registry after uninstalling the older version as well.

Reply 1258 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded 1.0 release candidate 2
The (hopefully) last release candidate of D-Fend Reloaded 1.0 can be downloaded from the beta versions page now.
The Polish and the Portuguese language still are not updated and probably won't get an update before 1.0. If no new bugs are found in rc2, I will release 1.0final by the end of this week.

Games packages
The updated action games package is uploaded now. Additionally I have corrected the checksum for the platform games package in the packages list. This should fix the "An older version of this package [..]" message. Also the exe file checksum stored in the package list for the demos from scene.org has been corrected, so D-Fend Reloaded won't offer Second Reality to be downloaded if it's already installed.

Reply 1259 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I actually never installed with the "Use user profile folder..." option since the installer recommended that for Vista. Instead I selected the "Use program folder..." option as it was recommended for XP, which is what I'm using.

This text was a bit unclear and has be improved in 1.0: "Use user profile folder" is always recommended; only in XP and below "Use program folder" can be used as a sensible alternative at all.

If not, did 0.9.x with the installation option I selected write anything to the registry that's not removed on uninstall?

The DFR installer is writing two keys to the registry: The installation path (needed for the uninstaller) and the chosen installer language (which allows the data package installers to show up in the right language). Of course both keys are removed when uninstalling DFR.