Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1321 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0.1rc3", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

Inside D-Fend Reloaded, please add a new button option inside "Program options | Program settings | Service" section. That button option, is to = "Rename All Screenshot for all program"

P.s. For the moment, i have to go to a "game screenshot", and select there the option from the right click menu, to "Rename All Screenshot for all program".

if you whant a more clear request, then ask...

Thanks in advance, ...

Reply 1322 of 2280, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to report a little quirk in D-Fend reloaded that bugs me for some time now.

I use D-Fend with relative paths which might be important for the error to appear at all. And I use custom Gamedata and Capture folders because I want a as strict as possible separation of program and data files.

The (tiny) problem is that D-Fend doesn't remember the capture path I configure in the options dialog. Upon every restart it is automatically reset to its default value. Both the capture and the gamedata folder are located side by side inside my configured base folder, so I can't see any logical reason for the capture path not being remembered. This is a real pain in the ass if one forgets to set the folder path before creating new profiles.

In case my description sounds a bit confusing, I attached a screenshot which hopefully shows clearly what I mean.

btw.: great program! But I'm sure you know that. 😀

Attachments

• d-fend.jpg
    Filename
    d-fend.jpg
    File size
    87.71 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1323 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Alexander,

the german language file located in the DFR source seems to be of a newer date than the file available at the DOSBox download page. While the german language file available at the DOSBox site is still for 0.73, with some displaying issues in the blue start screen of version 0.74 (plus, there must be some other text strings missed, probably), the german language file located in your DFR source works fine outside of DFR on my Mac, too.

If I'm right and this german lang file is ready for plain 0.74, can you make it available for the official DOSBox downloads, please?

Attachments

• Filename
    German.lng.zip
    File size
    9.22 KiB
    Downloads
    301 downloads
    File comment
    File in request - german lang file ready for 0.74
    File license

Klimawandel.

Reply 1324 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been very, very busy during the last week so I did not have enough time to release DFR 1.0.1 yet - but looking here I think this also was a good idea.

@sst:
Because I need an additional language string for this function, this will become an official 1.1 feature. But it will already be available as a hidden and untranslated feature in 1.0.1 (use ActivateIncompleteFeatures=1 switch as usual).

@dosmax:
Understanding this problem was a bit tricky but now I think I have fixed it. The problem was in portable mode DFR is using two different ways of making folder names relative. The base capture folder name is always stored relative (to the base folder configured a few lines above). When closing DFR it is not made relative a second time because it already starts with (".\"). When starting DFR again it is made absolute by using the program folder as "." and then a second time by using the base directory (which will just do nothing because the folder already starts with "X:\"). Because I want to release 1.0.1final real soon I do not want to make a big rc4 release, but here is some little DFend.exe replacement which should fix the problem: DFend.exe If this version is fine for you, I will release 1.0.1final the next days.

@IIGS_User:
My German DOSBox language file is just the DOSBox language file for DOSBox 0.73 with some fixed line wraps. I haven't added new 0.74 language strings etc. I'm way to busy to update the whole DOSBox language file for DOSBox 0.74 at the moment. But if you want to update this file of course you are invited to use my partially updated file as a starting point.

Reply 1325 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0.1rc3-with-DFend.exe rc4", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

I try your "DFend.exe rc4".

You have fixed Inside DFend.ini = "captures folder" not follow portable format. (Old bug = i have reported it 2010-06-06)

Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend) :: 2010-6-06 @ 05:02 pm […]
Show full quote

Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend) :: 2010-6-06 @ 05:02 pm

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside DFend.ini = "captures folder" not follow portable format.

Also, "captures folder" keep the letter K: even on a Y: drive

DFend.ini

[dosbox]
memsize=16
captures=K:\Emulateurs\DOS Emulateurs\D-FendReloadedPortable\App\Capture\
DOSBoxDirectory=default
machine=svga_s3

Also, ... Default installation of "DFend.ini", dont have this command line.

CaptureDefaultPath=.\Capture\

Please add the upper line, inside the file= "Settings \ DFend.ini"

Reply 1326 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The bug was still present in the version on the server, updated rc4 without changing the version name. Now the capture base folder is stored relatively to the program folder in portable operation mode and relatively to the configured base folder in all other modes (like before).

The "CaptureDefaultPath" key is only added to the DFend.ini if it differs from the default value. (So "CaptureDefaultPath=.\Capture\" won't be written to the DFend.ini.)

Reply 1327 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0.1rc3-with-DFend.exe rc4", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

I try your "DFend.exe rc4".

Your last forum message, have the word "updated" in bold, but do nothing when click on it. = Is this normal ?

Please verify at your side, ...

Reply 1328 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have updated the file linked above.

And now I'm just preparing 1.0.1. I will be away from Internet for a few days from tomorrow noon and I release 1.0.1 before this.

Reply 1330 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
A small problem: when you try to get an English DOSBox language file for translations editor you get a current language from main DOSBox installation. (In my case it is Russian).

Reply 1331 of 2280, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
skatz wrote:

Hi, Alexander!
A small problem: when you try to get an English DOSBox language file for translations editor you get a current language from main DOSBox installation. (In my case it is Russian).

Alexander there is absolutely no need for such a complicated solution. You can just generate that english file and store it together with other language files 😉

Reply 1333 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been very busy the last days but this bug is fixed now. I prefer loading the language file directly from DOSBox over using a static English language file, because using a dynamically created file will ensure always an up to date language file is used.

At the moment I'm waiting for some new auto setup templates then I will release 1.0.2rc2 (also fixing some other little things).

Reply 1334 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

having some more auto setup templates in DFR would really be great. The easiest way of creating auto setup templates is opening the template editor, going to to auto setup tab and clicking on Add|Add from profile. The added auto setup templates can be found in C:\Users\you\D-Fend Reloaded\AutoSetup. While creating auto setup templates from profile all private, not needed information is removed. So the templates contain all relevant information for running the game (DOSBox configuration, game file name, checksum, meta information) but no private information (path to the game file on your system, path to the data folder and the capture folder on your system etc.).

At the moment I'm waiting for some new auto setup templates then I will release 1.0.2rc2 (also fixing some other little things).

Attachments

• Filename
    Some New Templates 2010-October-2.zip
    File size
    84.64 KiB
    Downloads
    281 downloads
    File comment
    Some New and updated Templates 2010-October-2
    File license
Last edited by sst on 2010-10-05, 09:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1335 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
thank you, I have just added your auto setup templates to my internal 1.0.2rc1 build and also included them in the packages download system.

Reply 1336 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0.1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

1.0.2rc1 build ? = 😕

P.S. = You have not made a v1.0.2 Beta build, is this normal ?

Last edited by sst on 2010-10-06, 18:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1337 of 2280, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Stupid feature request: file_id.diz sniffing for titles.

D-fend is handy for drag-and-dropping entire folders of game zip files from shovelware discs where I go by them one by one.

One annoying thing is "install only" archives that are Windows-based. The check happens AFTER the request to install so that means more clicking to cancel.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 1338 of 2280, by Powzone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got a problem here!

I use it since 0.9.xx and today 1.0.1 ceased function. I absolutely don't know why! I was adding games the last days to a total of 420 entries. When I wanted to continue right now the portable apps version stopped working. Things I tried:
1. Starting the "D-Fend Reloaded Portable.exe" directly.
2. Starting "D-Fend.exe" directly.
3. Reinstalling the .paf.exe and starting it fron the PApps menu.
4. Took step 1 and 2 again.
Nothing changed... 🙁
Any Ideas?

PS: I speak German and Spanish also! I think Alexander prefers German! 😉

Reply 1339 of 2280, by Powzone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried something different:

Installed the .paf.exe package to another location and started it without doing anything. It crashed also. I'll check my system, as it looks like it's my system and NOT D-Fend! 😉