Topic actions

Reply 1400 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@T.B.:
1. Done.
2. The runtime library component used for showing the screenshots does not allow hiding the names below the images. All I could do is not adding any captions to the images. But in this case there would an empty line below each image and (and that's the bigger problem): All functions for renaming, saving, deleting etc. the screenshots would fail: They all rely on screenshotlist.selected.caption contains the filename of the selected screenshot. Of course I could store them separately but this would mean rewriting the whole screenshot handling code. So I'm not planning to do this at the moment.
3. This was a bug. Of course it was not intended to reset the game information on resetting the DOSBox settings. If you click on "Reset to defaults" in 1.1b2 the game meta information won't be overwritten anymore (just like the game name etc. is not overwritten). But anyway I have added a "Reset all pages but this" function.

@sst:
If the games list was empty on program start, the menu items for editing, deleting etc. games were not disabled. That's fixed now. Also the "Change saved game..." is disabled if no game is selected now and double clicking on an empty list won't show an error message anymore.
The submenu arrow behind "Search game" will still appear in the "enabled" color. I can't change this because this is due to Windows itself. But the submenu won't open if the text left to the arrow is greyed out.
I do not understand what you mean by "There is an upper white section, when video-mode 1920x1080." For me (on other resolutions) the different view modes work fine.

And some general status updates:
At the moment I have got one last bigger problem waiting to be fixed before 1.1b2 can be released. I hope 1.1b2 will be done within one or two weeks.

Reply 1401 of 2280, by T.B.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:
@T.B.: 1. Done. 2. The runtime library component used for showing the screenshots does not allow hiding the names below the imag […]
Show full quote

@T.B.:
1. Done.
2. The runtime library component used for showing the screenshots does not allow hiding the names below the images. All I could do is not adding any captions to the images. But in this case there would an empty line below each image and (and that's the bigger problem): All functions for renaming, saving, deleting etc. the screenshots would fail: They all rely on screenshotlist.selected.caption contains the filename of the selected screenshot. Of course I could store them separately but this would mean rewriting the whole screenshot handling code. So I'm not planning to do this at the moment.
3. This was a bug. Of course it was not intended to reset the game information on resetting the DOSBox settings. If you click on "Reset to defaults" in 1.1b2 the game meta information won't be overwritten anymore (just like the game name etc. is not overwritten). But anyway I have added a "Reset all pages but this" function.

Alright, sounds great. I can't wait to test the new version, Alexander. 😉

Thanks.

Reply 1402 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
T.B. wrote:

Alright, sounds great. I can't wait to test the new version, Alexander. 😉

Ok, and here it is:
D-Fend Reloaded 1.1 beta 2
This version is string complete to the final version of 1.1. This means this version is ready for translation.

Reply 1403 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander

What is that English typo text problem inside, DataPrivacy.OpenHistoryFile.

It have the word "histroy" = "Open histroy file in text editor"

Last edited by sst on 2011-01-20, 13:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1404 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

For the version D-Fend Reloaded 1.1

French , French Canada , French Québec = Translation updated.

See file attached

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    134.32 KiB
    Downloads
    205 downloads
    File comment
    French Canada , French Québec Translation
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    134.37 KiB
    Downloads
    217 downloads
    File comment
    French Translation
    File license

Reply 1405 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander, here is another request from a Facebook fan.

Jonalyn Ruiz says: GREAT PROGRAM !! only one more thing! please add 1680x1050 resolution to it, actually there isn't this option in D-Fend.
tnx.

Not sure why this would be necessary, but I figured I'd pass it along.

Thanks Alexander! 😁

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1406 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sst:
Spelling bug is fixed.
Thank you for your updated language files.

@Ranthalion75:
Added 1680x1050 to the default resolutions list.

Also already got an updated Spanish translation. Translations waiting to be updated for 1.1:
Czech, Danisch, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-BR, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish

Reply 1407 of 2280, by mgtroyas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander,

First of all many thanks for such a great frontend. I know you must have spent a lot of hard work on it.

I'm enjoying it a lot, with all the automated stuff you've developed, making adding a new game a really easy task.

I have a quite large collection of DOS games installed under Dosbox. I was adding them one by one to D-Fend until I just realized the purpose of the "Search new games..." menu option. Now I can batch-import them!

I'd like to know if there's some way of doing the same but with the metadata and image autodiscovery via Moyigames. If there isn't any external tool to do it, it'd be very useful to select a batch of games, make all the requests to Mobygames, and let the user select the correct game for each as the program does when scanning only one game. What do you think?

Another thing I think should be added, is saving window position and size on exit. I must resize it every time I open it, to make poster view look good, and it's pretty annoying.

I'm willing to help the development with any task I cand do, specially if I start to parse all my games via Mobygames, perhaps collect the images, to generate some sort of offline database, just ask me.

Greetings and thank you,

Marcos

Reply 1408 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I've finished Russian translation for DFR 1.1.0
And, as always, some new/old bugs:
1. In installer in file ioFile2(LANGUAGE).ini :
Field4 has bottom value as 150 and Field5 has top value as 125 - so they are overlapped.
2. In SetupFrameGamesListColumnsUnit.pas please remove NoFlicker call for checkboxlist (it is the same issue I wrote on 2010-12-07). As I see you commented line for checkbox instead of list.
3. When displaying hints for games in games list, please, position them at left side of listbox. Now they are drawn at left side of line. So if you have many wide columns and scroll list horizontally to the end of line, hint position may appear outside of main window.
4. Suggestion: when exporting games list if you select specific export file type , maybe you should change export file extension?

Attachments

• Filename
    dfr110_rus.zip
    File size
    39.68 KiB
    Downloads
    272 downloads
    File license

Reply 1409 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@mgtroyas:

MobyGames batch import:
That's not so easy because Moby Games can send multiple matching game records for a single request. What to do in this case? Because there still would be user interaction needed any solution wouldn't be easier than just using the profile editor and the "Ok & Next >" button. But I will think about this for 1.2.

Restoring the window size:
Program settings -> User interface -> Window size at program start -> Restore window size from previous session
(Available since version 0.1)

The best way to make game batch import easiest is having auto setup templates for as many as possible games. So if you want to help me (and other DFR users) you can send me auto setup templates made from your games list (Export -> prof files -> Checkbox: Export as auto setup templates). At the moment I'm searching for some more games to make templates for. DFR already has a nearly 100% coverage of the games offered at Classicdosgames. But there are more sites offering freeware and shareware.

@skatz:

Thank you for updating your translation.

1. Fixed. After testing out the right sizes using the German ioFile2 it looks like I forgot to set the right bottom value in the other language files.
2. My mistake, sorry, fixed.
3. I'm not controlling the position of the tooltip windows. When the TListView controls wants to show a hint window, it calls TDFendReloadedMainForm.ListViewInfoTip where I'm setting up the string to be displayed and that's it. (At least as far as I understand my own code right. - Which is (see 2) not always the case.)
4. If the user explicitly wants to have a xml file with file extension cvs he should get this. In the file name selection dialog a file extension will be added, if the user selects a special file type and is not entering any extension at all. I think with the additional information label and the option to manually select the export format the usage of the export function is clear now.

Reply 1410 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Some comments on last issues:
3. You change class of Listview in main window to TListViewAcceptingFilesAndSpecialHint. (defined in ClassExtensions.pas). And hint position is calculated there. Also look at code of TListViewSpecialHint. BTW, you add cursor size to calculated position. Why? It may make sense if you show hint at cursor position, to make sure that cursor doesn't hang over hint. But you count it from top left corner of visible rectangle. I think that simple under item at left side of list would be fine.

4. About export file type: I mean following: when user changes type in combobox - change extension in text field. Of course, is user write something in text field and do not mess with type combo - do not change it.
Or maybe left initial text field blank. Now it starts with 'List.txt'. So if I want to save List.html file, I can not simply change type, I should change extension manually, which makes typechanging unnecessary(as auto type will work for proper extension).
Of course, I can press file select button. Windows (at least my current installation) brings dialog filled with file without extension. Here I can change file type, and after closing dialog I get file with old name and proper extension. I think it is too long way.
Any way, it is cosmetics only. You may left as is.

Reply 1411 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, again!
About XML game list exporting
It's second line (<!DOCTYPE GamesList...) ends with two right angles instead of one. Otherwise produced file is valid.
And again about character encoding: may you use encoding HTMLCharset from language file. If it is good to represent national texts in html it should be good enough for xml.
And user defined columns may cause problems if they have characters in names invalid for xml tags. Maybe export thems as

<UDC1>
<Name>..</Name>
<Value>..</Value>
</UDC1>

Reply 1412 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, first, I forgot I set hint position in TListViewAcceptingFilesAndSpecialHint. Now I'm using the cursor position plus some vertical cursor size delta. Second, the export file format combobox in the games list export dialog will change the file extension now.

XML format:
I was already using HTMLCharset for some values when creating xml games list files. Now I'm using it for all values. Additionally I have fixed the DOCTYPE line and changed the user data export format to prevent invalid xml files.

Reply 1413 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Thanks for quick reaction.
Just to be sure: do not forget xml encoding in line

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>

Reply 1414 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander and all fellas...

Attached is Brazilian Portuguese translated file. Wow, there were so damn many entries to translate...It's been a looong time since no ever looked the D-Fend...College, job...you know, really tight on time. Anyway, here it is. Hope from now on I'm more active, at least. Sorry for the considerable delay.

Regards.

Attachments

• Filename
    Portuguese-BR_1.1.ini
    File size
    127.35 KiB
    Downloads
    248 downloads
    File license

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Reply 1415 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@skatz:
No, while adding the HTMLCharset function and fixing the DOCTYPE line I have also changed:

St.Add('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'+LanguageSetup.CharsetHTMLCharset+'" standalone="no"?>');
St.Add('<!DOCTYPE GamesList SYSTEM "http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/GamesListExport/GamesListExport.dtd">');

(But thank you anyway for reminding me.)

@Cpt.Guapo:
No problem, thank you very much for updating your language file. I have just added it.

BTW: 10 out of 15 language files are updated within the 4 days since release of 1.1b2. That has never been this fast!

Reply 1416 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander.
I have translated new string from D-Fend-Reloaded-1.1.0b2-Setup.exe.
and there is little bug during install.

atka6x.jpg

Attachments

• Filename
    Turkish_1.1.0b2.zip
    File size
    35.23 KiB
    Downloads
    269 downloads
    File comment
    tr
    File license

Reply 1417 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi hakanates,

thank you very much for your updated translation.

The installer bug is exactly this one:

skatz wrote:

1. In installer in file ioFile2(LANGUAGE).ini :
Field4 has bottom value as 150 and Field5 has top value as 125 - so they are overlapped.

And therefore already fixed for rc1. Because most installations run with default feature set (install DFR with DOSBox and FreeDOS) but turning on or off the desktop icon is a thing many people want to customize, I have decided to put this option on the automatic/custom page, so it can be changed without needing to use custom installation.

... only 4 translations missing for rc1.

Reply 1418 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
New info:
1. In setup dialog editing columns list I found that if I add user defined column which contains ampersand it is shown and added without that symbol. In game list such column obviously gas no data. I propose two functions : first is for duplication of ampersands so they may be visible in captions (menu&buttons) and second is extension of your own function that cans strip underscores in all cases.

Function MaskUnderlineAmpersand(const S : String) : String;
Var I,J : Integer;
begin
  J:=Pos('&',S);
  If J=0 then begin result:=S; exit; end;
  result:=Copy(S,1,J-1);
  for J := J to Length(S) do
    if(S[J]='&') then result:=result+'&&'
    else result:=result+S[J];
end;

Function RemoveUnderline(const S : String) : String;
Var I,J : Integer;
begin
  J:=Pos('&',S);
  If J=0 then begin result:=S; exit; end;
  result:=Copy(S,1,J-1);
  I:=J;
  while(I<=length(S)) do
  begin
    if S[I]<>'&' then result:=result+S[I]
    else if(I=length(S)) then result:=result+' '
    else if(S[I+1]='&') then begin result:=result+'&';Inc(I);end;
    Inc(I);
  end;
end;

Function MaskUnderlineAmpersand should be uses when assigning custom string (user info name, language/genre name, filename) to menuitem caption.
Here is the list of modules/functions where such assigning is used (and this caption is later used as RemoveUnderline). I hope I found them all.

• SetupFrameCustomLanguageStringsUnit.pa/ ButtonWork(0)
• SetupFrameGamesListTreeAppearanceUnit.pas/PopupMenuPopup
• SetupFrameGamesListColumnsUnit.pas/InitPopup
• WizardGameInfoUnit.pas/AddButtonClick
• ModernProrfileEditorGameInfoFrameUnit.pas/AddButtonClick
• UserInfoFormUnit/AddButtonClick
• GameDBToolsUnit/ BuildSelectPopupSubMenu
• MainUnit/ LoadHelpLinks, ListViewSelectItem (extra files menu), AddDirToMenu , UpdateAddFromTemplateMenu

2. In WizardGameInfo button for adding user string are overlapped by the panel above.
3. In UserInfoFormUnit when pressing 'Add' button popup menu shows all user strings, not skipping those already added.
4. I wanted to ask you add filtering by license, but I see you already done that. So my usual boring: translate it and skip license when adding custom category to tree.

Reply 1419 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

thank you for beta testing and thank you for you detailed description what to change. 1 to 3 are done. Skipping the license field in the suggestion list for user defined filters and table columns was already done. Also translation was no problem: The license names can be customized (like the genre names for example) since DFR 1.0. (But it was a bit broken in 1.0.x.) So I did not need new language strings, that's why I could do this after freezing the strings list.

At the moment only three translations are missing (Czech, Dutch and Polish). Even if no updates arrive for these translations within the next days, I will release rc1. Since beta2 many bugs have been fixed in DFR and I want this fixes to be available for testing as soon as possible.