D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1420 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I found a new (or rather old) little problem:
When you show MiniRunForm from tray icon, you still may open tray popup menu (with minirun dialog visible). It may cause two effects:
a) you may open both main form and minirun simultaneously.
b) you may open two instants of minirun and get exception when closing them
Proposition: close minirun form on opening tray popup menu. If you will clear 'MininRunForm' variable in ShowMiniRunDialog function after freeing form, then following event in main form will do

procedure TDFendReloadedMainForm.TrayIconPopupMenuPopup(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if MiniRunForm<>nil then
  begin
    MiniRunForm.Hide;
    MiniRunForm.Close;
  end;

end;

Reply 1422 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded is hosted by Sourceforge. Sourceforge uses many mirror servers for fast download from any place on the world. Maybe the mirror you are redirected to is not working correctly at the moment. Just retry the download or manually select some other mirror. (I have just tested downloading 1.0.3 and 1.1b2 and for me it's working.)

BTW Sourceforge is having some serious problems at the moment (see Sourceforge blog). But as far as I understand this, downloading via the Sourceforge homepage is not affected. But at the moment I cannot change the DFR homepage or upload new versions. Besides skatz last post (I will look at it tomorrow) 1.1rc1 is done and just waits for the Sourceforge scp server to be up again.

Reply 1423 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

as usual you are right, I have just fixed this using your code. But this time there was one more thing to do to fix this. "if MiniRunForm<>nil then" is only working if I also replace MiniRunForm.Free; by FreeAndNil(MiniRunForm); in MiniRunFormUnit.

Status: Still waiting for Sourceforge upload service to be working again to upload rc1.

Reply 1424 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander

Status: Still waiting for Sourceforge upload service to be working again to upload rc1.

Now Sourceforge = Download work, but Updoad ?

Have you an alternative download section, other than Sourceforge ?

Reply 1426 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 1.1rc1. If everything is fine with this release and when the last three not yet updated language files (Czech, Dutch and Polish) are done, I will release 1.1.

Reply 1427 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.1 RC 1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package.

@Alexander

Inside D-Fend Reloaded "Multiple games packages" The Downloads Failed. = See file attached.

Single game(s) download work.

Attachments

• Filename
    TheDownloadsFailed.jpg
    File size
    153.75 KiB
    Downloads
    278 downloads
    File comment
    The Downloads Failed.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1428 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander
Still two issues for user-defined values with ampersand:
1. Exporting games list to XML : when exporting user data use EncodeHTMLSymbols not only for Value field, but for Name also.
2. In function BuildSelectPopupSubMenu (GameDBToolsUnit.pas) use MaskUnderlineAmpersand in both 'M.Caption' assignments, both for SubSelect and SubUnselect submenus. Also use it for SubSelect.Caption and SubUnSelect.Caption (user category may have ampersand also).

And, yes, package download doesn't work. Game download works. Maybe it is SourceForge problem?

Reply 1429 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz and sst,

1 and 2 are fixed. Also the multiple games packages download problem is fixed (in the not yet released rc2). I was due to the new function not to buffer large files in memory anymore since rc1.

Reply 1430 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have just released a last test version of D-Fend Reloaded 1.1 (see beta download page). There have been minimal fixes and changes since rc1 only. If everything is fine with 1.1rc2, we will have 1.1 next week.

Reply 1432 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.1 RC 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package.

@Alexander

See file attached, ...

I have try a clean install.

1) Some texts still in English see file attached.

2) 2 Errors with "D-Fend Reloaded, "1.1 RC 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package.",using Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Wine 1.2.2.

*Edit: No errors with Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Wine 1.3.13.

3) Inside D-Fend Reloaded "Multiple games packages", the Downloads now work correctly.

4) Also, ... Do you think to add some new "Multiple games packages ?"

Attachments

• Filename
    RC2SomeProblems.jpg
    File size
    175.57 KiB
    Downloads
    246 downloads
    File license
Last edited by sst on 2011-02-19, 02:46. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1433 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
In download package manager hints for list items are shown in position of line beginnig. May you move them to cursor position as in main window.
(TListViewSpecialHint ?)

Reply 1434 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander!

I'm using your 1.1.0 RC2.

This problem is not specific to this version, it happened a version or two ago, but not sure how far back. By default, the Screenshots are sorting backwards. They are sorted alphabetically, but they start at the bottom of the window and go up. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks again! 😀

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1435 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.1 RC 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package.

@Alexander

See file attached, ...

Problem with ScreenShot = not displayed correctly.

Attachments

• ScreenShotProblem2.jpg
    Filename
    ScreenShotProblem2.jpg
    File size
    243.62 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • Filename
    ScreenShotProblem3.jpg
    File size
    392.02 KiB
    Downloads
    222 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    ScreenShotProblem.jpg
    File size
    189.93 KiB
    Downloads
    255 downloads
    File license

Reply 1436 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good evening everybody,

@sst:
1. Because the line "AllListsEmpty=" in the [PackageManager] section is not translated in the two language files "French.ini" and "French Canada.ini".
2. Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem under real Windows. The "Update lists" function does many things: Reading and writing xml files, loading files from internet etc. So it's not easy to find out what exactly is going wrong without being able to reproduce this bug.
4. My games packages are ment as examples. I'm hosting them on Sourceforge and I think Sourceforge is not ment for host old games. For example I would like to offer the games from Classic DOS Games via the package manager. I have also made a package list for many games from Classic DOS Games. But the Classic DOS games makers do not want me to add thier games to DFR. At the moment I'm checking some other (legal) sources for offering more games within DFR.

@skatz:
Fixed.

@Ranthalion75:
The screenshots list is not sorted at the moment at all. The order is taken from the operating system. I will rewrite the screenshot list building function to sort the list but this will require a rc3.

@sst:
I cannot reproduce this graphics problem. May be this is a problem of the Wine graphics driver?

Reply 1437 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update:
The screenshots list was always storted (by the listview control itself, no while loading the list). But it looks like this is not working correctly and until now I cannot change this resorting by the control. Sometimes the order also changes just when resizing the window.

If I find out how to change this, I will fix it, otherwise: Bad luck.