D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

General information and assistance with DOSBox.

Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Postby Avenger » 2019-1-16 @ 16:31

twiz11 wrote:well if you drag the whole folder "terminator" into d-fend, most of the time its got a pre-configured profile, like if you drag and drop quake or doom...

I figured out the problem.

Since the additional commands section only has a single line to enter text you have to seperate each command with "&&" characters or else D-Fend interprets it as one single command which obviously doesn't work once DOSBox boots.
Avenger

Postby svfn » 2019-3-05 @ 12:09

Hi, I have found that in Windows 10's High Contrast mode, the "Choose File" buttons in Profile Editor>Profile and Starting section don't open, does nothing when clicked. But disabling High Contrast and the buttons work normally. The buttons in Profile Editor>Directories work regardless though.

DFend_2019-03-05_17-27-16.jpg
svfn

Postby Nowhere Girl » 2019-7-15 @ 01:06

GalaxyHigh wrote:I've hit a problem when trying to view games in Screenshot mode. If I try this view (which has been working fine up until now) the "user defined information" fields start to cross one another and half of games it can find do not displaying their thumbnail images or pop up in the wrong field. (Please see attachment to make sense of this rambling).

I'm getting an error message stating "Access violation at address 004F6379 in module 'DFend.exe'. Read of address <variable 8 letter string>" for games catalogued under W and a different address message for games begging with X.

I haven't had this problem before, but I too have just hit it. Please tell me what to do, I can't view any screenshots in DFR. Sure, I can view them directly in the folder, but to be honest - screenshots are the main reason why I use DFR, I feel into a screenshot-collecting mania...

Edit: I checked further and this bug only appears for the "Book of Unwritten Tales" series. I don't know why, these are not the only games which don't even need DFR (that is, modern Windows games*), but I have created DFR profiles for them just to keep screenshots...

*By the way: running Windows 3.x games now seems much harder than running DOS games...

Edit 2: please help... I found what is different: the screenshots which trigger this bug were made with another program. I normally use IrfanView for catching screenshots in non-DOS games, but somehow it didn't work in BoUT 1 and "The Critter Chronicles" (prequel. I played the games according to plot chronology, that is, "Critter Chronicles", BoUT 1, BoUT 2). What sets these games apart is that they don't have a windowed option, to turn off fullscreen I had to install a hex editor and change a tiny bit in the code - perhaps it has something to do with the game not accepting IrfanView. I used Gadwin PrintScreen instead. However, superficially there's nothing different about these screenshots - the same size, same format (PNG)...
BoUT 2 accepts IrfanView. I decided to check it after a short while of playing the game, switched to this program and yup, the later screenshots which were made in IrfanView open just fine in DFR, no bugs...
I'll try a simple solution: cutting the image, pasting to a new file - just in "Paint XP for Windows 7" (my basic graphic editiing program - I just can't use new Paint) - and I'll see how these new files work... But please respond anyway.
Nowhere Girl

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Postby widhie75 » 2019-8-15 @ 08:15

Latest version of dosbox (v0.74-3) has been release on June 2019.

any plan of d-fend reloaded will release next version ?....... 1.45 maybe?
widhie75

Postby IIGS_User » 2019-8-15 @ 15:52

Author's last visit at this site was back in 2k16, no idea about.
Klimawandel.
IIGS_User
Oldbie

Postby widhie75 » 2019-8-15 @ 18:20

well i think it's time to update dosbox manually
widhie75

Postby alberthamik » 2019-9-10 @ 07:55

I sure hope D-Fend Reloaded comes back to life for 0.75, I had problems getting it to work with SVN builds.
alberthamik

Postby Dagar » 2019-9-10 @ 12:30

alberthamik wrote:I sure hope D-Fend Reloaded comes back to life for 0.75, I had problems getting it to work with SVN builds.

What problems?

Working fine for me with the latest SVN, latest ECE and vanilla.
Dagar

Postby kolderman » 2019-11-27 @ 05:23

Can the source code for dfend reloaded be released?
kolderman

Postby Qbix » 2019-11-27 @ 07:47

It is open source...
just look a bit more closely on the downloads page
Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Postby kolderman » 2019-11-27 @ 20:37

That's good. I might look at fixing the downloads to various game sites to get images etc. It's still by far the best launcher around.
kolderman

Postby kolderman » 2019-11-27 @ 21:31

Delphi. Ugh.
kolderman

Postby IIGS_User » 2019-12-02 @ 15:26

kolderman wrote:Delphi. Ugh.

So no chance you could pitch into the development?
Klimawandel.
IIGS_User
Oldbie

Postby kolderman » 2019-12-02 @ 17:25

IIGS_User wrote:
kolderman wrote:Delphi. Ugh.

So no chance you could pitch into the development?

I had some strange belief it was in .NET. I would have to research what tooling I even need to build this thing. Is it worth keeping Delphi project alive? Will it be supported on modern Windows going forward? Maybe rewriting in PyQt would be better, but I don't have that much time.
kolderman

Postby IIGS_User » 2019-12-05 @ 16:35

kolderman wrote:Is it worth keeping Delphi project alive? Will it be supported on modern Windows going forward? Maybe rewriting in PyQt would be better, but I don't have that much time.

Nö. Probably, starting from scratch would be the better option then.

D-Fend, D-Fend Reloaded, D-Fend Renewed?
Klimawandel.
IIGS_User
Oldbie

Previous

Return to DOSBox General