Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 2060 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If a DFR profile is working on one system and not on an other one this sounds like a DOSBox problem. Maybe the computers have different graphic cards and therefore need different DOSBox output and rendering settings.

Reply 2061 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
waltgallus wrote:
Windows 8.1 64bit DosBox 0.74 DFend Reloaded 1.4.2 Geoworks 2.0 --> Tetris -------------------------------------- […]
Show full quote

Windows 8.1 64bit
DosBox 0.74
DFend Reloaded 1.4.2
Geoworks 2.0 --> Tetris
--------------------------------------

Hi

I have attached the DosBox configuration file. When I run Geoworks DosBox opens an I can see the splash screen of Geoworks for a very short moment. One second later everything closes without any error message. I can repeat this many times, runnig from DFend or with shortcut, also after reboot of computer. As I am a newbie I do not know what additional information could be helpful.

Thanks very much in advance and kind regards

Walt Gallus

mount C "C:\PROGRA~2\SPIELE~2\GEOS20\"

P.S. The problem is your mount directory
-->PROGRA~2<--
--->SPIELE~2<---

Inside x64 there is
PROGRA~1
PROGRA~2
"C:\Program Files (x86)"
"C:\Program Files"

Inside x86 there is
PROGRA~1
"C:\Program Files"

---
Also You use
-->loadfix -64 LOADER.EXE<---

Reply 2064 of 2280, by fischkopf11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wonder if you could implement a feature to 'force' a game using pixel shaders, with the Dosbox Daum build. In games that are originally running at 640x480, (i run them at 19020x1080 though) the pixel shaders I select in the profile don't get applied by default, I have to enable it myself, once the game is running. This is nothing world shaking, although a "fix" would be nice. In 320x240 games (also being run at 1080p) it applies the pixel shader automatically in nearly every case.

Reply 2065 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If forcing a pixel shader is supported by Daum DOSBox you can activate this by adding the coresponding DOSBox configuration line to the "Custom settings" input field of the "DOSBox settings" page of the profile editor.

Reply 2066 of 2280, by fischkopf11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did that already for the usual scaling methods (in build 20140127, as scaling in any newer build is broken) replacing every option with a 'forced' one, and works nicely!

But there seems to be no way to force a shader, at least I can't find a pixelshader-category there. I don't even know if Dosbox Daum supports 'forcing' shaders, though. I think it may work if you just add the word 'forced' behind the desired shader, but as I said there is no option to do that in D-Fend Reloaded.

Reply 2067 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, but due to my sadly very limited time I'm not able to add GUI options for any custom DOSBox built feature (even more if it is not sure if this thing is even supported by the DOSBox built).The by default invisible special GUI options for special DOSBox versions are "use it or leave it", they are not in my main focus of support. If I would have more free time, I could add many more things, but at the moment this is not possible.

Reply 2068 of 2280, by hannelius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi alexander...
i was here at the very beginning... your very first post
when dfend was getting old and i was looking for something newer...
i had a few options and i saw this as the most promising...
i've been using it ever since... v0.2.0
when i upgraded to windows 2000...

it just keeps getting better and better
and it's the only one i ever use...

i have a question about portable mode...
(my very first one...)
i've been using it ever since you offered it...
i see how all the paths are relative
to where the dfr folder is
but in the profiles the paths are absolute...

i have been using dfr on my backup drive which was F:
but recently i reinstalled windows
and copied it from the backup drive to C:
and tried to run it from there...
it loaded just fine
but it looks for all the game exes on F:
even though i copied them all to C:

it happens every time i change locations
even though i installed it portable...

i have a program that can batch edit
the text in all the conf files at once
which i did the last time...
edit: just did it now...
changed all the Fs to Cs
and everything's fine..

is there something else i can do?

Reply 2069 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you are using DFR in portable mode all path names of directories which are subdirectories of the DFR root folder are stored relatively. They are only displayed in the program as absolute names but always translated to relative representations on storing them. May be you have set up a path name on the General->Directories page of the setup dialog preventing DFR from using the program folder as the base folder for relative names? Usually copying a portable installation including all games, additional data etc. from one drive to another (or even running it from an USB drive having different drive letters on each computer) is no problem.

Reply 2070 of 2280, by hannelius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

May be you have set up a path name on the General->Directories page of the setup dialog preventing DFR from using the program folder as the base folder for relative names?

thanks for answering...

after i noticed it was looking for the games on F:
i reinstalled it portable... on C:

on the directories page the base folder
and all the folder paths are absolute
but i didn't type them in that way
i just installed it and that's what it said

should they all be displayed as relative
with the dot...?

Reply 2073 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, they should be displayed and also saved as relative path names (and this not only if DFR is running in portable mode; they should always be displayed and saved relative to the DFR base directory). Of course this requires the specified path names are sub folders of the specified base folder.

You can convert all path names from File -> Program options -> Service -> Convert absolute to relative paths.

Reply 2074 of 2280, by hannelius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you! that's the answer i was looking for!

i also saw Create game data folders for all profiles
and Create capture folders for all profiles...

is there a way to do that and use
the paths and directory structure
i have for all the games?
that is, the subfolder structure
under the virtualhd folder?

would it be something you could add?

Reply 2075 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The functions for creating capture and game data folders for all games will create them at their intended places (this means as subfolders of the capture folder and as subfolders of the game data folder). You can set up the game data and the capture base folder on the "Directories" page of the setup dialog. The names of the game folders are derived from the game names, not from the game folder names in the VirtualHD folder. Trying to use the game exe files folders would lead to equivocal folder names because one game can use multiple game folders.

Reply 2076 of 2280, by hannelius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok... i can see how some games could use more than one folder...
i don't have any like that...
and even with different versions of different ones
it would be nice to have a capture folder for each one...

could you make it an option... a choice...
to use the game folder directory structure?

i could do it this way...
but i have 1200 games...
400 under puzzle...
and it would take a long time
to put them where they belong...

Reply 2077 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In DFR you have different capture / game data folders for each game. They are named
.\Capture\<GameName>\
and
.\GameData\<GameName>\
The <GameName> part of the path is derived from the profile name of the game and the base path parts "Capture" and "GameData" can be configured on the "Directories" page of the setup dialog.

Reply 2078 of 2280, by hannelius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i see... it uses the profile names...

i noticed whenever i take a screenshot
it creates a capture folder right then if there isn't one...
i'll just keep on doing it that way...
thanks for answering...

Reply 2079 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi developer. I have translated the new entries.It is attached. I forgot my duty a long time. I'm sorry.

Attachments

• Filename
    Turkish.ini
    File size
    120.01 KiB
    Downloads
    106 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception