VOGONS

Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1700 of 2280, by mjfoxtrot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's a question about customization . . . I know many of the icons can be customized in DFR, and I have changed several of them, but I don't see any way to change the "Emulator Type" icons that appear in the tree view on the left-hand side. I can assign an icon to the emulators when I add them initially, but the icons don't show in the tree view . . . only the default icons appear. Is there any way to change the icons for Emulator Type in the tree view? Here's a screen shot to show how it looks now . . .

Attachments

• Filename
    dfend.png
    File size
    469.22 KiB
    Downloads
    349 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1701 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.1rc1. This release candidate build brings all the already discussed ScummVM improvements and fixes plus a new Korean language file and an updated Italian language file. And as a last minute improvement the icons for the user-defined emulators in the profile filter tree will be loaded from the emulator program files.

Reply 1702 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.1rc1", Portable structure.

I have updated the "French Canada", "French" translation. See files included.

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    139.32 KiB
    Downloads
    389 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    139.37 KiB
    Downloads
    393 downloads
    File license

Reply 1703 of 2280, by mjfoxtrot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the update, Alexander! It works a treat. Here's a new screenshot of all the icons now appearing under emulator types:

Attachments

• Filename
    dfend2.png
    File size
    479.14 KiB
    Downloads
    376 downloads
    File license

Reply 1705 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Alexander: I just have to say thanks for protecting me from carelessly telling D-Fend Reloaded to delete the ISO along with other parts of a DOS game that I had installed in the frontend 😀

Reply 1707 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Running D-Fend Reloaded v1.3.0. Just installed ykhwong's DOSBox SVN-Daum build dated May 21, 2012. Activated Advanced mode in D-Fend so that I could turn on the options for the SVN features.

Configured X-Com and DOSBox for mt32 (was previously using BASSMIDIDRV via win32 MIDI device). Put MT-32 ROMs in the DOSBox SVN-Daum folder.

When I launch via D-Fend Reloaded, I get scratches instead of music. I was also getting the same issue when running DOSBox SVN-Daum directly and manually mounting and running X-Com, but then I fixed the "Start in" setting of the DOSBox SVN-Daum shortcut to start in its installation folder, which appears to help it find the MT-32 ROMs.

I suspect that D-Fend is launching DOSBox SVN-Daum in a way that is making it lose track of where the MT-32 ROMs are, although DOSBox SVN-Daum doesn't complain about not being able to find them the way it did when I ran it directly before fixing its shortcut.

Reply 1709 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks, that could indeed be the problem: ykhwong's SVN DOSBox defaults disney=false, but D-Fend defaults disney=true.

Edit: Yep, that was it. Thanks!

Reply 1710 of 2280, by KajQrd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I'm having a problem with the CVS settings. I set it to add Direct3d and openglhq render modes. And it works well enough until I close D-fend reloaded. But when I open it again the option has been turned off...

Reply 1711 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi KajQrd,

that's due to a bug in DFR 1.3 (that will be fixed in 1.3.1). Clicking a checkbox on the DOSBox CVS features page of the program settings dialog twice while its open (unchecking and checking again) will damage the associated default values list. To fix this for the render modes list, go to the program settings page Profile editor > Default values and select the "(DOSBox) Render" list. Write these values to the list and everything will be fine again:

surface
overlay
opengl
openglnb
ddraw
openglhq
direct3d

And try to avoid double turning checkboxes on the DOSBox CVS features pages before 1.3.1. (If no more bugs will be found, I will try to release 1.3.1 next week.)

Reply 1712 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,
I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.1 which fixes all currently known bugs and brings the already here discussed improvements.

Reply 1713 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.1", Portable structure.

I have found a typo error inside, "French Canada/Quebec", "French" translation.

LicenseSheet=Licence
"Licence" must be "License".

@Alexander = Are able to update, the translation ? It's the only change to be made inside the translation.

Reply 1714 of 2280, by Firefairy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there anyone working on a Linux version/fork of D-Fend Reloaded? I recently had to switch from Win to Linux for weird life reasons, and I much prefer De-Fend Reloaded to DBGL. I will probably try to get DFR working under Wine, but a native version would rock.

My coding skills are definitely not up to being a primary dev for a Linux version, but I would be happy to contribute to such a fork in any way I can. I am a pretty good tester, at least. I am using Linux Mint, which is a variant of Ubuntu.

Reply 1715 of 2280, by PingPong

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, just installed d-fend and used it to install Ascendancy. The installation worked fine and i could play after it. But when i closed DosBox and tried to start the game again it always crash, when it tries to load the game (after all right reserved). Where might be the problem?

Reply 1716 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sst: There are no known bugs or feature requests at the moment. It looks like everybody is happy with the current version. So I have no plans for a new release at the moment (in which the language files could be updated, too). This does not mean there will be no new version ever; it just means everything seems to be fine for the moment.

@Firefairy: D-Fend Reloaded is written in Delphi. The Linux version of Delphi (Kylix) is discontinued and the free Delphi implementation (Lazarus) still misses many things used in the D-Fend Reloaded source code. So I don't see any chance to make a Linux version of DFR at the moment.

@PingPong: This sounds like a bug in the game. Maybe the game damaged some of its own data files on first run? Besides trying to reinstall the game there is not much I can recommend to you. Because the installation and the first run of the game worked, it looks like the D-Fend Reloaded and DOSBox configuration for the game were ok and it's a problem in the game itself.

Reply 1717 of 2280, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a problem with defendreloaded 1.31

I use dfend reloaded with dos box megabuild ou doxbox daum (3dfx support and other things)

I want to play at pro pinball timeshock.
If I use original dosbox, I can't use game with 1280*1024 in 16 millions colors. I am limited at 1024*768 at 65000 colors.

Dosbox megabuild and dosbox daum brings the support of size of video memory with line vmemsize=
"
dosbox]
# language: Select another language file.
# machine: The type of machine DOSBox tries to emulate.
# Possible values: hercules, cga, cga_mono, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe, amstrad.
# vmemsize: Amount of video memory in megabytes.
# The maximum resolution and color depth the svga_s3 will be able to display
# is determined by this value.
# 0: 512k (800x600 at 256 colors)
# 1: 1024x768 at 256 colors or 800x600 at 64k colors
# 2: 1600x1200 at 256 colors or 1024x768 at 64k colors or 640x480 at 16M colors
# 4: 1600x1200 at 64k colors or 1024x768 at 16M colors
# 8: up to 1600x1200 at 16M colors
# For build engine games, use more memory than in the list above so it can
# use triple buffering and thus won't flicker.
#
# captures: Directory where things like wave, midi, screenshot get captured.
# memsize: Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
# This value is best left at its default to avoid problems with some games,
# though few games might require a higher value.
# There is generally no speed advantage when raising this value.
"

The problem is that if I add vmemsize=8 in timeshock.prof (conf file of the game), it doesn't change.

It's like for dfendreloaded, this line doesn't exist

If I maje a dosbox file without using of dfend reloaded, it works.

If anybody has a solution, thanks.

Reply 1718 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
willow wrote:
I have a problem with defendreloaded 1.31 […]
Show full quote

I have a problem with defendreloaded 1.31

I use dfend reloaded with dos box megabuild ou doxbox daum (3dfx support and other things)

I want to play at pro pinball timeshock.
If I use original dosbox, I can't use game with 1280*1024 in 16 millions colors. I am limited at 1024*768 at 65000 colors.

Dosbox megabuild and dosbox daum brings the support of size of video memory with line vmemsize=
"
dosbox]
# language: Select another language file.
# machine: The type of machine DOSBox tries to emulate.
# Possible values: hercules, cga, cga_mono, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe, amstrad.
# vmemsize: Amount of video memory in megabytes.
# The maximum resolution and color depth the svga_s3 will be able to display
# is determined by this value.
# 0: 512k (800x600 at 256 colors)
# 1: 1024x768 at 256 colors or 800x600 at 64k colors
# 2: 1600x1200 at 256 colors or 1024x768 at 64k colors or 640x480 at 16M colors
# 4: 1600x1200 at 64k colors or 1024x768 at 16M colors
# 8: up to 1600x1200 at 16M colors
# For build engine games, use more memory than in the list above so it can
# use triple buffering and thus won't flicker.
#
# captures: Directory where things like wave, midi, screenshot get captured.
# memsize: Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
# This value is best left at its default to avoid problems with some games,
# though few games might require a higher value.
# There is generally no speed advantage when raising this value.
"

The problem is that if I add vmemsize=8 in timeshock.prof (conf file of the game), it doesn't change.

It's like for dfendreloaded, this line doesn't exist

If I maje a dosbox file without using of dfend reloaded, it works.

If anybody has a solution, thanks.

willow wrote:

vmemsize=8

Respond:

vmemsize it's a DosBox cvs feature.

See screenshots included, ... of how to activate "Amount of video memory in megabytes." size of 8192, inside D-Fend Reloaded.

Attachments

• Filename
    Activate VgaMemory Option.jpg
    File size
    130.96 KiB
    Downloads
    229 downloads
    File comment
    Activate Vga Memory Option.
    File license
  • Filename
    ProPinballTimeshockProfileConfiguration.jpg
    File size
    143.83 KiB
    Downloads
    230 downloads
    File comment
    Pro Pinball Timeshock profile configuration.
    Amount of video memory in megabytes.
    File license

Reply 1719 of 2280, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sst wrote:
willow wrote:

See screenshots included, ... of how to activate "Amount of video memory in megabytes." size of 8192, inside D-Fend Reloaded.

Where and how?

I didn't find the option in dfend reloaded to select amount of video memory of graphic cards in megabytes.

The only option that I find is to select ram memory.

Thanks.