VOGONS

Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 2080 of 2280, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems like the Mobygames images download function is broken again.

When creating a new profile, when you click insert to populate the info from mobygames.com with the option to download images selected, it will throw an error saying "Error reading data from www.mobygames.com".

The meta information fields are actually correctly populated, but the images are not all downloaded. With my test case it only downloaded the DOS screenshots, and no boxshots.

The games I tested with are as follows:
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 2081 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@hakanates:
Thank you very much for updating your language file.
I will use it in further DFR relases and will offer it via the package manager.

@Staticblast:
I will try to check this as soon as possible.

Reply 2082 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.3 which should fix the problem with mobygames. Additionally the Turkish language file and the Doszip Commander have been updated.

Reply 2083 of 2280, by Vision2098

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have noticed that the .conf files generated for and included in 'archive file package' .zips have absolute paths for [sdl] mapperfile=, [dosbox] captures= and mount commands in [autoexec]... even when D-Fend Reloaded is running in portable mode.

I am pretty sure these entries can use relative paths just fine, and in most cases would have to be changed for use with plain DOSbox setups anyway. As well, the inclusion of absolute paths in 'archive file package' .zips could possibly leak data; in particular, someone's Windows username.

Reply 2085 of 2280, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Encountered a strange issue with Conquests of the Longbow.
It imported all cover images as .png, but wouldn't display them in the screenshots section.
Screenshots, on the other hand, display fine in the screenshots section even though they are also .png.

Looking through the file-lists for the other games, I noticed that their cover images are all .jpg.
So I opened the cover with Paint and saved it as .jpg, after which it showed up fine.

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 2086 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Staticblast,
when running DFR in the debugger I get the following internal, not displayed exception when trying to read the cover image:

The file being readed is not a valid "Portable Network Graphics" image because it contains an invalid header. This file may be corruped, try obtaining it again.

So the png processing library cannot handle this image file. There is nothing I can do about this.

Reply 2087 of 2280, by almmiron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i'm new around. I'm dowloaded a rom set (4000~aprox.). I have to add one by one on frontend? i cant add all of them at once. Anyone have a large library like me could point me please in right direction? I'd be apreciated.

Reply 2088 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
almmiron wrote:

I'm dowloaded a rom set (4000~aprox.). I have to add one by one on frontend?

I don't think DOSBox or D-Fend R. works with ROM sets of any kind.

Klimawandel.

Reply 2090 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Français Canada, French Canada 2015-08-01
Français, French 2015-08-01

See files included, ...
Voir les fichiers inclus, ...

@Alexander:
i have complete the 1.4.4 translation, and fixed grammaticaly the translation.

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    140.03 KiB
    Downloads
    131 downloads
    File comment
    Français Canada, French Canada 2015-08-01
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    140.07 KiB
    Downloads
    108 downloads
    File comment
    Français, French 2015-08-01
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2093 of 2280, by Phod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can some kind soul help me? I used to use D-Fend Reloaded to run my games. But I switched PCs and am trying to get back into it but I can not get it working as well as I used to.

I used to create images of my original CDs and mount them as a drive, install the game, run the game and it all worked fine.

I redownloaded d-fend and am trying to use the Wizard and its failing miserably. Nothing is starting properly. For instance, I have Shannara, the Legend Entertainment adventure game. Used the wizard and when I run the game it says something about couldn't find H:blah blah blah. And I dont even see any drive H: marked anywhere.

I try to run dosbox through dfend and tried to just mount my CD drive as a drive and it says I can't cause of secure protection or something.

I'm going crazy, I remember that this wasn't that difficult. I just want to play the games 😀 PM me if you want, just please help me through it. I tried Youtube but everyone just does tutorials on games that don't require a CD.

Aigh! HELP ME Please!!

Reply 2094 of 2280, by CaptPete2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did you upgrade to a newer version of Windows? Which version worked before? Did you install D-Fend Reloaded through Windows? Did you install it to "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)? If so that's the problem. Modern versions of Windows won't let you do a lot of things the older versions did if you install it in the normal place. Try installing on another drive (or any place you have FULL PERMISSIONS on and make sure you install in "PORTABLEMODE". You can check this by viewing the "[DriveLetter]:\D-Fend Reloaded\DFend.dat" in a plain-text viewer (if installed on the root of a drive, which it should be). REPLY WITH WHAT YOU DID so we can help you more.

"In the future, everyone will have their own boring home page." - Andy Warhol overheard chatting with Nico, 1967.

Reply 2095 of 2280, by CaptPete2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Staticblast wrote:
Encountered a strange issue with Conquests of the Longbow. It imported all cover images as .png, but wouldn't display them in t […]
Show full quote

Encountered a strange issue with Conquests of the Longbow.
It imported all cover images as .png, but wouldn't display them in the screenshots section.
Screenshots, on the other hand, display fine in the screenshots section even though they are also .png.

Looking through the file-lists for the other games, I noticed that their cover images are all .jpg.
So I opened the cover with Paint and saved it as .jpg, after which it showed up fine.

If you're importing from MobyGames I've noticed that many images with a .png extension are actually other file types than PNG such as JPEG. YMMV

"In the future, everyone will have their own boring home page." - Andy Warhol overheard chatting with Nico, 1967.

Reply 2096 of 2280, by CaptPete2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alexander,

Windows 10 64-bit
D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 (Portable mode)
over 1200 profiles

I'm getting random crashes when using the profile editor to add or edit profiles. Seems to have started with Windows 10 update but I'm not sure about that. Can happen the first time the editor is used or the nth time - no set pattern.

Reply 2097 of 2280, by CaptPete2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, the actual error message is:

Access violation at address [varies] in module 'Defend.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFDC. [not sure if this varies]

Reply 2098 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander and fellow D-Fend users,
I brought this up a while back and there wasn't a fix for it. I'm running the latest version of D-FR (1.4.4) Portable. My Screenshots folder always shows my screenshots aligned to the bottom left of the viewport. They are in alphabetical order, but going up, instead of down. Is anyone else's like this, or is it just a glitch in my settings. This has been through quite a few versions.

Thanks guys,
Steve

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 2099 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@CaptPete2003:
Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem. For me everything is running fine. (But I'm not using any Windows 10 system yet.)

@Ranthalion75:
And the answer is just the same as the last time: This is due to the limitations of the runtime library. I have no control over the alignment of the screenshots.