VOGONS

Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1020 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, yeah! Now everything is totally clear! I really misunderstood all that stuff...

I'm still translating the ini file. As soon as I finish it, I'll post it here.

Vielen Danke for you information and patience, Alexander!

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Reply 1021 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Translation = "French" and "French Canada".

Alexander: I have try your language editor, inside your D-Fend Reloaded software. It have detected some lines, that i have not translated.

Now the translation is really finish, for the version v0.9. "French" and "French Canada".
---
See file attached, ...
---
Alexander: Please include this translation, to your software.
---

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    107.55 KiB
    Downloads
    286 downloads
    File comment
    French Canada Translation (100% translated).
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    107.62 KiB
    Downloads
    281 downloads
    File comment
    French Translation (100% translated).
    File license

Reply 1022 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
thank you, I have just updated your language files in my development build.

And some last little new feature before 0.9rc1: In the next version you will be able to drag&drop links directing to zip files directly from your browser to the DFR program window. D-Fend Reloaded will download the zip file and import it. (Works fine on www.classicdosgames.com. - In particular because 0.9rc1 has many more new auto setup templates for the games on classicdosgames.com.)

Reply 1023 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alexander, it's me again...

I think something is missing here at this phrase and I'm confused:

ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.Hint=This function compress the game directory to an archive file and will mount this file instead of the chosen folderwill extract the archive file and convert the mount into a normal directory mount.

Look on the second line and you'll see "folderwill". Isn't missing anything? Wouldn't be two paragraphs there?

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Reply 1024 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Look on the second line and you'll see "folderwill". Isn't missing anything? Wouldn't be two paragraphs there?

Respond = I also see that, when i translate to French/French Canadian.
=
Before

instead of the chosen folderwill extract the archive file
=
Must be

instead of the chosen folder will extract the archive file

----
It miss a space.

I hope it can help your question ?
----
Alexander: Please change text to "folder will", ...

---

Reply 1025 of 2280, by Cpt.Guapo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No sst, this seems obvious, but I think it's not that only...the sentence makes sense until "chosen folder". Apparently is missing something before "will extract the archive file...". This is my point.

Reply 1026 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Cpt.Guapo,

this was a copy&paste bug in the English default translation. The correct value for the "ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.Hint" key is:
"This function compresses the game directory to an archive file and will mount this file instead of the chosen folder."

Reply 1027 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander.

Translated to French, French Canadian.

ZipRepack.FromNormalMount.Hint=Cette fonction de compresser le répertoite du jeu a un fichier archive et montera ce dossier au lieu du dossier choisi.

Alexander = Please add to the "French, French Canadian" translation.

Reply 1028 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
I have just exchanged the string in the two language files.

I have worked a lot on fine tuning the plain zip import and the download functions the last weeks. Now all things should work really good and I will try to release 0.9rc1 within the next days. The plain zip import function will select the right program and setup files in 99% of all cases in the dropdown boxes now. So again some less clicks to add a game. And the auto setup template data base now knows over 700 games.

Reply 1029 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 0.9 release candidate 1. You can find it as usual on the beta download page. 0.9rc1 fixes all currently known bugs, brings many new auto setup templates and the translations are apart from the Polish translation complete.

The next steps: I will add some more auto setup templates and fix the bugs you report the next days. A second release candiate should be finished in 2 or 3 weeks. This release candidate will be nearly identical to the final version of 0.9. The final version of 0.9 should be out before Christmas.

Reply 1030 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Excellent, I downloaded the information for all my profiles in a few minutes. 😁

I have barely needed to correct anything, save per one game which downloaded a French flag instead of the cover ("The Games: Winter Challenge", you can try to reproduce it) and a minor issue involving the company name "Bröderbund", DFR doesn't seem to like that "o".

Oh, and I saw a line in that section that I forgot to translate into Spanish. 😅 Where it reads "You can enter multiple values per key divided by ";"." it should read: "Se pueden introducir múltiples valores por clave usando ";"." Could you fix that for me, please?

Reply 1031 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 release candidate 1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First bug =

1) Percent display "-24%", when downloading a package.

See file attached, ...
---
Will further test soon, ...
---

Attachments

• Filename
    DownloadMinusPercent.jpg
    File size
    113.14 KiB
    Downloads
    146 downloads
    File license

Reply 1032 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander,

I'm using the new RC1. The MobyGames reader seems to be missing multiple genre types if there are any in the Moby Games database.

Moby Games Database:
Alone in the Dark
Genre:
Action, Adventure

Moby Games Reader:
Alone in the Dark
Genre:
Action

Thanks!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1033 of 2280, by eraH_retired

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Hi Alexander, just downloaded RC1 and the icon still isn't correct in the taskbar in Win7. I did find that if you pin DFR to the taskbar then the correct icon is used.
Most posts I found on the Internet suggest that the icon used by the main form of the application is used on the taskbar.

Reply 1034 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can confirm and have fixed most of the reported rc1 bugs. The only thing that's a bit tricky is the Win7 icon problem: When loading the big, all sizes icon as the application icon, it keeps all versions but when loading the big, all sizes icon as the main window icon, only the 16x16 pixel version is stored. As a last possible solution I'm assigning the big icon to the main window icon on DFR start up now. I hope this helps, please test again when rc2 is out.

Reply 1035 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander

Thanks a lot for the improvements in the translation panel.
Now, translating is a pure pleasure ! 😀

By the way, I had to translate one more sentence.
So I attached the updated french translation.

Chris

Attachments

• Filename
    French.zip
    File size
    30.91 KiB
    Downloads
    302 downloads
    File comment
    updated french translation
    File license

Reply 1036 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
For now my list is not very big:

1. Packages with iconset:
a) You use iconset folder name as zip archive file name when exporting package. But when importing you construct folder name from iconset 'nice' name. (And use it to check if set already exists).
b) When exporting if you have to sets with same name (but different folders) you export only first of them (not distinguished by folder name).
c) Suggestion: in iconsets page (package manager/constructor) add column with folder name (or archive name). Fortunately, you already have translation for column caption (section ZipWaitForm, line Folder or ZipFile).
2.XML charset:
national characters (code>=128) are lost (and also special characters - lt, gt, quot, apos). Even if right representation presents in xml, it is lost, because you replace all ampersands with & amp;.
When you add some attributes to xmlnode it does not execute any conversion. Some conversion takes place only when reading xml data.
Possible solution may be manual encoding when you set xmlnode attribute/nodevalue.
3. Occasionally found misprint: in method Procedure TPackageList.Clear

For I:=0 to FIconSet.Count-1 do TDownloadIconData(FIconSet[I]).Free;

Replace TDownloadIconData with TDownloadIconSetData.
4.About link dragndrop:
For me it does not work. I tried to compile source. And events are not fired. When I move dragtarget registration from constructor to OnShow form event - events start to work, but cursor state is always in NoDrop state and I cannot drop link. Changing dwEffect has no effect ;(

Updated translation: I add language names translation from new autosetup collection.

Attachments

• Filename
    DFR9Russian.zip
    File size
    31.27 KiB
    Downloads
    297 downloads
    File license

Reply 1037 of 2280, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Alexander wrote:

I can confirm and have fixed most of the reported rc1 bugs. The only thing that's a bit tricky is the Win7 icon problem: When loading the big, all sizes icon as the application icon, it keeps all versions but when loading the big, all sizes icon as the main window icon, only the 16x16 pixel version is stored. As a last possible solution I'm assigning the big icon to the main window icon on DFR start up now. I hope this helps, please test again when rc2 is out.

Just use Resource Hacker and inject the new Icon Group into it after compiling or something 😜 Maybe it's a Delphi issue (D-Fend Reloaded looks like a Delphi app to me?)

Keep up the great work Alex, your front-end is the king of all Launcher-type-program-cobopulators! 😊

EDIT: Taskbar icon for latest RC1 of D-Fend doesn't work you say? Hmm... this is Windows 7, fully up to date, screenshot attatched (changed my res to 800x600 for convenience)... unless I've misunderstood the problem, I guess I'm unique to not be afflicted by this...

Attachments

• Filename
    dfend.png
    File size
    27.23 KiB
    Downloads
    155 downloads
    File license

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 1038 of 2280, by eraH_retired

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

You are using small icons. It only happens when the taskbar is using big icons (which is the Win7 default). I'm quietly confident that RC2 will have fixed the problem.
I've also read somewhere about the resource hacker workaround.

Reply 1039 of 2280, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah of course..... how silly of me. There is still the bug though of Shader Selection (CVS Feature) being randomly reset back to 'None' after editing a profile, but it's not a big deal. While we're on icons though, why do they game icons look so bad? See screenshot attached. I think it has to do with them being 32x32 at source, and a cheap pixel resize to 16x16 ruins the transparency - take a glare at Secret Agent man's weird shadow in this case.

Apart from those two little things, I have not come across a single other thing that isn't perfect 😁

Attachments

• Filename
    dfend_icon_2.png
    File size
    91.93 KiB
    Downloads
    162 downloads
    File license

Regards,
CosmicDan