D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1941 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

and unzipped in the "NewUserData" folder inside DFR

Not NewUserData. The files in this folder are only used when starting DFR the first time from an account. Later only the files in Settings are used. If you copy the DataReader.xml file there, everything will be fine.

Reply 1942 of 2280, by Alexis78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

and unzipped in the "NewUserData" folder inside DFR

Not NewUserData. The files in this folder are only used when starting DFR the first time from an account. Later only the files in Settings are used. If you copy the DataReader.xml file there, everything will be fine.

Yes!
Now it works! 😊

I downloaded info about Gunship 2000 and Commander Keen 1 and all was like before, I got the screenshots, the info about the game (Genere, Year,etc.), notes, all!

Also I noticed that the Notes, all now are correctly displayed, no more "Buy at..." with a lot of countries, now I see the notes only and the lines are well aligned! 😀

Thank You very much Alexander, You rules!

dfr136rc2-works_zps314e6975.png

Reply 1943 of 2280, by SammaySarkar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A short interlude in the Mobygames-related status reports: I can't run DFR in Sandboxie. An 😲 Error pops up:
[[see attachment]]
I'm guessing it's not due to Sandboxie. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited by SammaySarkar on 2014-03-14, 18:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1944 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi SammaySarkar,
sorry, I have no idea what's going wrong there. The memory address $004211D5 is in the middle of the get method of the generel list class. So this can be triggered by nearly anything. You can try to enable DFR start-up logging by creating a file named D-Fend-Reloaded-Log.txt on your desktop. If a file with this name exists, DFR will write there what it's doing while starting. Maybe we get some hints from this.

Reply 1946 of 2280, by SammaySarkar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i can confirm a lot of dreaded grey checkboxes. Only the name is currently correctly found.
I say let go of Mobygames and use some other DB.
Or put in a scriptable web-parser component so that users can create their rules/scripts to gather game metadata from any desired website. The current web-parser seems partial to mobygames ( at least that's my primary impression ) .

Reply 1947 of 2280, by DarkTemplar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
viritys wrote:

Understandable. Here's a feature request: quick rating button! "Mark as favorite" is useful, but I'd also like to differentiate between mediocre and total garbage 😀 I'm visioning clickable 1-5 stars as a new games list column. I know I can create user-defined key, give it a value and add it as a column, but it's too clumsy for this purpose.

Any chances for this?

Reply 1948 of 2280, by SammaySarkar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Hi SammaySarkar,
sorry, I have no idea what's going wrong there. The memory address $004211D5 is in the middle of the get method of the generel list class. So this can be triggered by nearly anything. You can try to enable DFR start-up logging by creating a file named D-Fend-Reloaded-Log.txt on your desktop. If a file with this name exists, DFR will write there what it's doing while starting. Maybe we get some hints from this.

Well, I've attached the log here, with one minor edit (removed correctly executed profile loading segment logs). By comparing with a normal log, I think DFR does indeed somehow fail to create the list control while running Sandboxied.

Attachments

• Filename
    D-Fend-Reloaded-Log.txt
    File size
    32.21 KiB
    Downloads
    116 downloads
    File comment
    D-Fend Reloaded log file
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1949 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mobygames problem is fixed, see attached file. This data reader config file will also be included in DFR 1.3.6. But I cannot deploy it via the data reader update system because the new configuration file needs features of the data reader which are just introduced in 1.3.6rc1 and not available in the still official release 1.3.5.

@SammaySarkar:
The information where execution stops (after the log entry "Init view style" and beforw "Process parameters") is very helpful. Most of the code between these two points is completely harmless. The only may be critical call is TreeViewChange which is also called when single clicking on a game entry. I will have a closer look at this the next days.

Attachments

• Filename
    DataReader.zip
    File size
    794 Bytes
    Downloads
    161 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1951 of 2280, by Alexis78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, It works again, thanks Alexander! 😊

I am sorry for You, because You are repairing this every time Mobygames does a move, man, I hope they stop doing this to You, sincerely.
I read in "About..." in the Help Menu in DFR 1.3.6 Rc2 and You must be that Alexander Herzog then! ¿Are You working on this alone? That´s a lot of work!

Reply 1952 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Alexis78 wrote:

I am sorry for You, because You are repairing this every time Mobygames does a move, man, I hope they stop doing this to You, sincerely.

My first posting at this page. 😐

Klimawandel.

Reply 1953 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.6 should make things much easier again: Since 1.3.6rc1 the html interpreter is much more powerful. When 1.3.6 is out most mobygames tuning should be doable for me just by updating the DataReader.xml file on Sourceforge. The built-in data reader updater in DFR should do the rest then again.

And yes, I'm the author and the only person working on D-Fend Reloaded. Aside from the language files DFR is just a one man show and it's a pure free time project. (And because my free time often is very limited I'm a bit slow on answering here some time.)

Reply 1954 of 2280, by AnnaWu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a question, can I enable or disable the emulation of the 8042 auxiliary port?
I miss this option on the GUI.

I need following setting:

[keyboard] # aux: Enable emulation of the 8042 auxiliary port. PS/2 mouse emulation requires this to be enabled # auxdevic […]
Show full quote

[keyboard]
# aux: Enable emulation of the 8042 auxiliary port. PS/2 mouse emulation requires this to be enabled
# auxdevice: Type of PS/2 mouse attached to the AUX port
# Possible values: none, 2button, 3button, intellimouse, intellimouse45.

aux=true
auxdevice=intellimouse

to get a working mouse pointer for BreadBox Ensemble.

PS: I am using the last DOSBox SVN-Daum build (Taewoong/ykhwong)

Anna's Playground for QMC2
Official MESS Forum

Reply 1955 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I cannot add GUI for any special build function but you can access any configuration key just by adding them to the "Custom settings" field on the "DOSBox settings" page of the profile editor. To enable the auxiliary mouse port for example you can add to the "Custom settings" field:

[keyboard]
aux=true
auxdevice=intellimouse

Reply 1956 of 2280, by AnnaWu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:
I cannot add GUI for any special build function but you can access any configuration key just by adding them to the "Custom sett […]
Show full quote

I cannot add GUI for any special build function but you can access any configuration key just by adding them to the "Custom settings" field on the "DOSBox settings" page of the profile editor. To enable the auxiliary mouse port for example you can add to the "Custom settings" field:

[keyboard]
aux=true
auxdevice=intellimouse

Your answer was helpful, thanks. Danke!

Anna's Playground for QMC2
Official MESS Forum

Reply 1957 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some good news:
The last issues in DFR have been fixed and also some language files have been updated. Now I will release 1.3.6 within the next few days. But because I will be very busy the next 2-3 days, "next few days" probably means "Friday or later".