VOGONS

Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 442 of 2280, by herojoker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Neville: If you were speaking to me: I don't want hq2x as default scaler, but only for some games. Having set

scaler=hq2x

and then editing the profile via the GUI, the scaler is reset to none, so D-Fend Reloaded should definitely recognize (and offer an entry in the list of available scalers) hq2x.

Reply 444 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Polish mode:
Pytanko: Czy sa tu jacys Polacy, ktorzy byliby sklonni pomoc mi z testowaniem Polskiej wersji DFR 0.6.0? Wszelkie uwagi co do tlumaczenia mile widziane! Dzięki!

English mode for those who don't understand but wish to know what it is about:-):
A question: are there any Poles here wishing to help me with testing the Polish translation of DFR 0.6.0? All translation related sugestions are welcome! Thanks!

Reply 445 of 2280, by Kurt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Neville wrote:

Nope, it was an answer for Kurt. I've edited it anyway, I forgot I was on this thread and wrote some generic useless advice.

Whoops - is the serial port issue known or a FAQ that I missed? I tried searching and didn't find anything, bit I admit I didn't read through all 23 pages of this thread. There really needs to be a separate forum for this front-end.

In any case, I downloaded beta 2 and the serial port configuration in d-fend now seems to work and is persistent. I don't know what the problem is in 0.5. Was 0.5's serial port setup dialog just a placeholder for future functionality that is now in the beta?

Reply 446 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also I'm still working on the last few problems in 0.6.0b2 I will try to answer all the open questions from the forum with this:

Fixed problems

• Only centering DOSBox/ScummVM main window by checking window style via
    GetWindowLong(hWindow,GWL_STYLE). Works well for DOSBox/ScummVM console
    and DOSBox debugger and the hidden DX windows etc.
  • Losing focus after restore from tray area
  • Restoring main window to old position (DFR is not relying on the Windows
    position information and storing the window position itself, because sometimes
    Windows trys to move windows around to wrong positions after DOSBox fullscreen
    changed the resolution. And until now DFR just recorded its position on resize
    and not also on move.)

Modem settings
Removed not available settings (all except listenport+port number. IRQ is available for all device types.)

Serial ports setting not working
This is a known bug in 0.5.0 and already fixed since 0.6.0b1.

x64 binarys
Sorry, D-Fend Reloaded is a Delphi program and at the moment there is (at least as far as I know) no chance to compile the code to a x64 exe file.

Reply 447 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

D-Fend Reloaded is a Delphi program and at the moment there is (at least as far as I know) no chance to compile the code to a x64 exe file.

What about Lazarus ?
(http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/)
Could it generate DFR in 64 bits ?

Reply 448 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi curieux,

I know Lazarus and I am keeping track of it's development. But at the moment there are to many components I'm using in DFR which are not supported by Lazarus. If there would be only one or two things that would need to be changed, I really would like to migrate to Lazarus. But at the moment big parts of the GUI code would need to be rewritten to compile DFR in Lazarus. So, sorry, no Win64 version at the moment. (But if Lazarus is making progress, there might be in the farer future a Win64 or even a Linux version of DFR one day.)

Reply 449 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander!

Here is the french translation for DFR 0.6.0b2.

By the way, the quick starter seems to be more a specialized File Explorer, no ?
This name looks a bit strange to me. 😕
But it is quite useful! Well done! 😉

But if Lazarus is making progress, there might be in the farer future a Win64 or even a Linux version of DFR one day.

That would be great ! 😊

Attachments

• Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    78.91 KiB
    Downloads
    347 downloads
    File comment
    French translation for DFR
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 450 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Hi Alexander! […]
Show full quote

Hi Alexander!

Here is the french translation for DFR 0.6.0b2.

By the way, the quick starter seems to be more a specialized File Explorer, no ?
This name looks a bit strange to me. Confused
But it is quite useful! Well done! Wink

Quote:
But if Lazarus is making progress, there might be in the farer future a Win64 or even a Linux version of DFR one day.

That would be great ! Blushing

---
Can you know, if the source can be compiled in x64 amd64 ?
-
The x64 compilation = i know it maybe not needed, but to have a 100% x64 computer that, all drivers and softwares, are = "x64" = then it will be cool.
-
I think of the x64 software needed in some months or years, when the x32 will not be used anymore, or only x64 code "Maybe in Windows 7 ?".
-
Also what compiler name, someone can compile the x32 code for D-Fend Reloaded ? (x32) or maybe (x64) compiler?
---

No new bug to report, ...

---

x64 version and Linux version = It will be cool = 😎

Still wait for the Release Candidate = RC version, ...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand

Reply 451 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi curieux,

thank you for your language file. With this 0.6.0 is complete now and I'm preparing the release of 0.6.0RC.

Name of the quick starter: Of course the name can also be changed in the future. It was just the first useful name I have thought of.

And again some words about Lazarus: Of course I would like to compile my open source program with an open source compiler, but at the moment I would need to rewrite many things to make Lazarus/FPC compile it. In particular the frames used in the modern profile editor and the setup dialog are only supported partially by Lazarus. So "farer future" can be 2010 or even later. (Of even never if such things are not implemented in Lazarus ever.)

One thing I forgot when trying to anser the many posts: It seems like I forgot some (even in the official 0.72 release of DOSBox) possible values for the scaler setting. I have added this values to the drop down box now. (In new DFR installation they will appear from the begining on and the update installer for 0.6.0 will change the ConfOpt.dat for adding them.)

Reply 453 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Will you add support for the new "CPU type" value? It's present in some of the latest CVS builds, and it makes "FIFA International Soccer" playable.

I'm attaching a DOSBOX CONF from one of these builds, so you can study it.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.conf.zip
    File size
    3.56 KiB
    Downloads
    347 downloads
    File comment
    DOSBOX.CONF from DOSBox AEP 30-08-2008.zip
    File license

Reply 454 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Neville,

I am planing to add some more new settings from the CVS builds (including the CPU type setting) in D-Fend Reloaded 0.7.0.

For 0.6.0 the feature wish list is closed and at the moment I'm just uploading 0.6.0RC to Sourceforge. (But the Sourceforge upload is slow, so this may take some time.)

Reply 455 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, good to hear that. I did ask because whenever the next stable version of DOSBox is released, chances are it will include that feature, and it would be nice to have it available.

But if it's already planned, that's fine.

Reply 456 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

the release candidate for D-Fend Reloaded 0.6.0 is ready for download on the beta download page now. If no new bugs will be found, I will release 0.6.0 by the end of this week.

Reply 457 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Polish translation for D-Fend Reloaded 0.6.0 is finally done! Consider it v0.99 😉

UPDATED TRANSLATION (FOR THOSE WHO GOT IT EARLIER)

Attachments

• Filename
    Polish.ini
    File size
    69.46 KiB
    Downloads
    358 downloads
    File comment
    Second update for the Polish translation
    File license
Last edited by oolie on 2008-10-08, 20:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 458 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

oolie, change following lines in [quickstarter] section

Columns.Type.Image=Plik obrazu
Columns.Type.HDImage=Obraz dyskietki/dysku

before RC1 they was both written as 'Image' and in your second version you lost the first one.
And change 'Mounting.DriveType.' line to 'Mounting.DriveType.Zip' in [ProfileEditorForm] section.