VOGONS

Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 680 of 2280, by Riyune

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, D-Fend RL is up to version 0.7?? I have been using 0.4 for a while now and it works good for both vga and Tandy modes. Very few problems with the games I've tried so far. Looking forward to trying the latest version.

Jesus loves you, unless you have tatoos. Then you are going to hell.

Reply 682 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,

because of the raster this is a very interessting image. In normal size (zoom factor 100%) the image is displayed correctly but on any other zoom level strange things might happen. This is because D-Fend Reloaded is not using any advanced image scaling algorithm (bicubic scaling or things like this) but just the default algorithm in Delphi.

Because this is more a known restriction than a bug and because 0.7 will be out very soon, I won't improve this behavior in 0.7. But I can think about this in 0.8.

BTW: At the moment I'm planing to release 0.7RC2 tomorrow. RC2 will bring two new features (which did not need any new language string): An improved multi profile editor and the option to add user information columns to the games list. If there are no new bugs 0.7 final can be released very close after RC2.

Reply 683 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The second release candidate of D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 is on the beta download page now. At the moment there are no open bugs to be fixed before the final release of 0.7. Only the Italian translation is still missing and Filippo, the author of the Italian translation, is not answering to my mail. So if anybody would like to update the Italian translation this would be very welcome.

If no new bugs are found, I'm planing to release D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 final next week.

Reply 684 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded 0.7RC2 PortableApps package.
---
1) Inside "Edit multiple profiles, ...", the priority language line(s), display the same text.

In clear = "PriorityBackground=" text, do nothing. It display the "PriorityForeground=" text.

2) Also, the "Edit multiple profiles | Settings to changes | DosBox Settings | Priority option(s)", after selecting a priority checkbox options, and select the priority value, and press the "Ok" button. Then it always change the priority option of each game(s), to "Lower". even if i choose in the combobox = "Lower, or Normal, or Higher, or Highest".
-
I try to manually change a priority, of a game inside the game options section, with the radio button, and it work and keep the priority option selected.

3) Inside D-Fend Reloaded, if i use the check for update option, it dont display the result window in foreground, = the window is in background and in the taskbar.

In clear, ... = when someone use the check for update option, the result window must be displayed in foreground.

---
No other thing to report, ...
---

--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 685 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
I will look at this things tomorrow.

But I have already two changes since RC2: The installer now is also available in Dutch and the program window will be displayed on the center of the main screen now (if you have got more than one screen) and not on the center of the desktop (meaning one half on the first and the second half on the second screen).

At the moment I'm not planning a RC3. I will try to fix this last things and then release 0.7 (most likely next week).

Reply 686 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I've looked at RC2:
1. GameExplorer issue: you have changed APPDATA to LOCALAPPDATA in installation NSI script, but forgot updater.

2. When you launch scumm game in zip archive through windows shortcut, DFR tries to close immediately and displays warning message. You've already solved this for DOSBox profiles, please, duplicate its behaviour.

3. New feature: user columns in list.
I setted all standard columns visible. After that I opened program setup dialog and added 'License' column (from DOSBox profile). Affter pressing OK I receive a message 'Listenindex uberscheitet das Maximum(8 )'.

Reply 687 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded 0.7RC2 PortableApps package.
----------------------------------------------------------------

1) I have several games, that have the "help.bat", file.

When i use it, it always display the DosBox help section, of the system command name "Help", inside DosBox.exe software emulator. I have to rename the "help.bat" file, to an other name, to use the help.bat file, not the internal help command of DosBox.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Can you add, inside D-Fend Reloaded =
Inside the tab section "Data Folder | Root section", of each game = "[Readme sub-directory], [Instruction(s) sub-directory], [Cheat Code sub-directory],

, [License sub-directory], [FileId.Diz section]".

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 688 of 2280, by Sheriff Hobbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alex,

thank you very much for this wonderful frontend! It leaves no wishes open! 😀
I've tested several frontends, but no other comes close to DFR. I especially like the portable mode that saves all path info relatively. This is important to me because if a game won't run I just copy the files to another computer and try to run it there - no need for reconfiguration!
I also like the tree view to the left very much, which automatically filters the view by year, developer, genre, etc. This inspires me to fill out all the fields in the program information. 😀

Best Regards,
Sheriff Hobbes

P.S.: Grüße nach CLZ (habe da auch mal kurz gewohnt) 😀

Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken

Reply 689 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some status update:

sst, first post:
1)+2) fixed
3) The update checker is already using the attributes MB_SETFOREGROUND and MB_TOPMOST when showing the "No updates" dialog etc. - But even with this attribues Windows somes has some other ideas which window should be shown in the foreground.

skatz:
1)+3) fixed
2) Still on my todo

sst, second post:
1) This is a DOSBox problem. The only work around I know is using 4dos inside DOSBox as command line interpreter. DOSBox itself won't let you start any help.* file.
2) Because everybody could ask for some other default subdirectory structure I'm not planning to add some default subdirectories to the game data folders. Sorry.

New icons:
The last few days I have added some more nice icons (from famfamfam; Creative commons licensed). D-Fend Reloaded finally will look really nice. For 0.8 I'm planning to add some icon set functions: The user will be able to change the used icon set on the fly just like the program language.

Reply 691 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have finished the work on D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 just yesterday. Besides fixing the bugs reported on the last posts I have also added some new icons for the toolbar and improved the code for loading user icons. By now all icons in all dialogs are customizeable. Because of this changes I do not like just releasing the current version as "0.7 final" without any further testing. On the other hand I do not like to have a third release candidate build. So I decided to upload the current "0.7 final" builds to this hidden locations:

Full installer (can also make portable installations)
Update installer
[Edit: This files won't become 0.7 final. There are still open bugs in this version. Please do not download this installers unless you want to beta test. The real final version will be released on Sourceforge soon.]

It would be great if you could check this 0.7 builds a last time. If there are no new show stopper by tomorrow, I will copy exactly this files to the official Sourcefourge download page.

Last edited by Alexander on 2009-04-23, 22:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 693 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
1. New icons: in 'modern' set button in setup dialog 'Restore Defaults' loses its icon. By the way, in icons.ini (settings folder) section [SetupForm], item 7 states for 'Default values', but in 'modern' folder for 'table_lightning'. Check this files,pls, when you have spare time.

2.User columns: something strange on adding new column.
a) I have all standard columns visible. I add one user column. It is shown OK, and in DFend.ini I see line 'ColOrder=12345678'. But when I add second column, it is not shown and and in .ini 'ColOrder=12345678B'. If I change 'B' to '9' - all is ok.
b) In .ini parameter ColWidths always has all columns inlcuding deleted.
If I add columns, set it to specific width and delete it than adding another new column will set its width from the old.

Reply 694 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 Upgraded, from RC2 PortableApps package.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I have just found that, ...

I have a problem, with "GameData and it sub-directory".

After i have manually deleted a sub-directory of a game, inside "GameData", it show some problems inside D-Fend Reloaded.

1) I have 2 games, that the option "Data Folder | Open Folder, Update, Open Directory, do nothing". = I have see that after testing, that 2 game directory inside GameData, have been deleted.

2) I cant delete the GameData section, of a game, inside D-Fend Reloaded. = It mean "Completly delete" the gamedata section of the selected game. And after, have that game like it have no GameData section, created.

Can you made a function, to delete the GameData folder of the selected game, and be sure that it is synchronized, with the GameData folder and inside D-Fend Reloaded, ...

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 695 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, no D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 final today (also got some bug reports via PM, there still seem to be some minimize-maximize-restore problem).

Icon sets
Record "7=Default values" of the [SetupForm] section stands for the default values page in the setup dialog while "28=Reset to default value" of the [Dialogs] sections stands for the reset to default values buttons in any dialog. So everything is fine. (Ok, the documentation of the icon sets system could be better. But on the other hand icon sets aren't an official feature in 0.7.)

User columns
Fixed.

Game data folder
Removing the game data folder by just deleting it in the Explorer isn't that easy because there is still the directory record in the profile. There are two options: Either also removing the record in the profile (but may be the user want to keep this information) or recreating it. - D-Fend Reloaded will recreate the game data folder if it's deleted (while the profile is selected). But: Now you can choose "Delete folder" for the game data base folder from the context menu of the data viewer frame. And in this case the folder will be removed and also the record from the profile.

New hidden option
By user request there will also be a new hidden option to automatically rename the profile file (the .prof file) when renaming the profile in the profile editor.

Way to 0.7
There is one open problem (something about maximizing and restoring the program window). When this is fixed, I will release 0.7. But I'll have very little time the next days.

Reply 696 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All bugs so far fixed, some smaller things tweaked and here it is, the next try:

Full installer (can also make portable installations)
Update installer
[Edit: This files won't become 0.7 final. There are still open bugs in this version. Please do not download this installers unless you want to beta test. The real final version will be released on Sourceforge soon.]

Again, if everything is fine with with release, this files will become the final release of D-Fend Reloaded 0.7.0.

Last edited by Alexander on 2009-04-26, 13:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 697 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Very last notes:
1. 'Restore defaults' button in setup dialog has no icon - neither specified in modern set, nor internal. (And 'Load' and 'Clear' buttons in autoexec section of profile editors)
2. I add updated translation. I only change line File.Export.CreateInstaller to more consistent value.

Attachments

• Filename
    Russian.ini
    File size
    84.14 KiB
    Downloads
    190 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 698 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

thank you for your updated language file. I have added it to my D-Fend Reloaded folder. I think I will release DFR 0.7 tomorrow.

I do not unterstand your problem about the dialog icons. There are no icons in the new icon set for "Restore default values", "Clear" and "Load" because I haven't found nice icons for this by now. So DFR will use the old default icons. There are no "internal" icons for the dialog buttons stored in a TImageList which could be replaced by the icon loader but each button with image has an image stored in the "Glyph" property. The icon loader is using a growing image list while processing the [Dialogs] section of the Icons.ini and replaces the default icon of the button if the corresponding icon in the TImageList is not empty. What exactly is your problem? Sorry, but for me everything looks right.

Reply 699 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!

Alexander wrote:

The icon loader is using a growing image list while processing the [Dialogs] section of the Icons.ini and replaces the default icon of the button if the corresponding icon in the TImageList is not empty.

The problem: default icons is replaced by empty icon, when no replacement icon is specified.
Possible reasons:
1)Icon in image list is not empty, but contains a clear betmap
2)iconloader clears button bitmap (very improbable, because button has an empty place before its caption)
3)you check for emptiness of imagelist instead of icon

I try to comment an icon for 'select folder' ([Dialogs]#1). And all coresponding buttons become without icons. When I comment ALL icons in [Dialogs] section - buttons get their default images.

BTW, may you add a shortcut for calling setup dialog?