Topic actions

Reply 780 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm quite busy at the moment so just some very short remarks on some things:

@sst:
Changed year from 2007 to 2009 for DOSBox command line profile.

@guybrush_threepwood:
Thank you, looks very, very nice.

Games list in icons mode:
- The new image scaling algorithm is not used any more when upscaling icons (no blurry disk icon anymore).
- Loading larger icons than 32x32 from exe files: At the moment I have no idea how to do this. Via the used Windows API function SHGetFileInfo I can get 16x16 or 32x32 icons only.

@Ranthalion75:
- What do you mean by "pasting" in notes section? You can paste from clipboard via ctrl+V and shift+ins like in all Windows programs.
- Notes tab in the previewer area: Interessting idea, may be in 0.9.

@Darklord42:
Changed 50000 to 49716 in the default values list.

Reply 781 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, Sorry, I meant pasting using the mouse context menu. "right click, then select paste" Everything else in the program has that ability except the Notes section in the profiles.

@Notes in the tabs section- 😁 YAY! That would be AWESOME!

Thanks Alexander!

Reply 782 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend) :: 2008-10-02 @ 06:05 pm sst Newbie [avatar] Joined: 2008-08-17 Posts: 59 […]
Show full quote

Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend) :: 2008-10-02 @ 06:05 pm
sst
[avatar]

Hi, ...

---
Can you know, if the source can be compiled in x64 amd64 ?
-
The x64 compilation = i know it maybe not needed, but to have a 100% x64 computer that, all drivers and softwares, are = "x64" = then it will be cool.
-
I think of the x64 software needed in some months or years, when the x32 will not be used anymore, or only x64 code "Maybe in Windows 7 ?".
-
Also what compiler name, someone can compile the x32 code for D-Fend Reloaded ? (x32) or maybe (x64) compiler?
---

No new bug to report, ...

---

Still wait for the Release Candidate = RC version, ...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand

Respond from = Alexander, page 23 [D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend) :: 2008-10-05 @ 01:57 pm]

x64 binarys
Sorry, D-Fend Reloaded is a Delphi program and at the moment there is (at least as far as I know) no chance to compile the code to a x64 exe file.

(x64) version ??? I have posted that in the forum page 22, [2008-10-02 @ 06:05 pm].

---
[2009-6-20]

My respond = I can try, with "Lazarus free pascal x64".

Also, ... Delphi and Pascal, are they compatible in programmation and compilation ???

---

Then, after 8 months, of my question, for the (x64) version, then can it be made, or whe must wait, a x64 delphi compiler ???

---------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 783 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Ok, ... I try to compile the = [D-Fend-Reloaded-0.7.0-Source], inside "Lazarus" Pascal compiler x64.

----

{Virtual Method Called On Freed Object Errors} StandardVirtualMethodNames: array[1 + vmtParent div 4 .. -1] of PChar = ( ' […]
Show full quote

{Virtual Method Called On Freed Object Errors}
StandardVirtualMethodNames: array[1 + vmtParent div 4 .. -1] of PChar = (
'SafeCallException',
'AfterConstruction',
'BeforeDestruction',
'Dispatch',
'DefaultHandler',
'NewInstance',
'FreeInstance',
'Destroy');

In Lazarus x64 compiler =

FastMM4Messages.pas(53,62) Error: Upper bound of range is less than lower bound

--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 784 of 2280, by guybrush_threepwood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

one thing that I dont know if it was mentioned before, will it be possible to use the cover image of the games as an icon? so we can download it from mobygames and apply it to the games, that would be great 😀

Reply 785 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Context menu for edit fields in profile editor:
There are two controls in Delphi useable for multiline edit fields for notes etc.: TMemo and TRichEdit. At the moment I'm using TRichEdit fields. TMemo uses the system copy&paste menu, TRichEdit not. But TMemo is much simpler in some other ways. For example a TMemo will show scrollbars either always or never. Only TRichEdit has a "show if needed". This is the main cause why I'm using the TRichEdit control.

DFR and Lazarus:
It's not just putting the source code in Lazarus and recompiling it. Becuase the RTL works in some important points different from the Delphi RTL, using Lazarus would mean rewriting half of DFR. For example the very extensively use frames in the profile editor and the setup form are not completely supported by Lazarus yet. This would me a complete (and more basic, like the old profile editor) rewrite of both dialogs. Because the result would be much worser and I haven't that much time at the moment and in the next future there will be no Lararus based x64 version of D-Fend Reloaded. Please do not ask for it before the next 5 Larazrus main releases again.

Other images as icons:
At the moment only icon files are supported for the icon view in DFR. I can think of extending this in 0.9. In DFR 0.8 this will not be changed. If you want to use other images in the games list, you can switch to screenshot view mode, copy the image to the capture folder of the game (for example by dragging the image file to the screenshot preview area) and seleting it (via the context menu) as the image to be used in screenshot view mode.

Reply 786 of 2280, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Generally I am pleased with D-Fend Reloaded, as I was with D-Fend before it. However, something is lacking in MSDEX as while I can run X-Com Terror From The Deep with the animated intro directly though DOSBox and yet through D-Fend I get the slideshow intro. I believe X-Com TFTD decides to play the animated or the slideshow based on the speed of the CD drive, so whereas as DOSBox direct is able to do this okay, D-Fend (and D.O.G.) cannot.

Reply 788 of 2280, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Compare the actually used config files.

I only have one config file created by D-Fend, no config file is created when I use DOSBox directly - not that I can find anyway!

Reply 791 of 2280, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

Start -> programs -> dosbox 0.73 -> configuration -> edit configuration

Thanks copied it and made the conf exactly the same, and in 0.65 through to 0.73 I can get the animated intro when I use DOSBox direct. When I use D.O.G. or D-Fend I get the slideshow.

At this point i'll give up and just play this game directly, while the other 78 DOS games I have installed i'll run like I always have through my front ends!

Weird world, eh?! 😀

PS: Have no problem with UFO Defense at all! 😀

Reply 794 of 2280, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

Try to launch it from the [autoexec] section instead of the command line.

If I knew what that meant........

As I said, 99.9% of my games are installed and played via front-ends just so I don't have to deal with DOSBox command lines other than the Mount commands obviously.

Reply 796 of 2280, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Neville wrote:

"Autoexec" is the last section in any DFR profile. There you can specify programs you want to launch before the game.

Ah, thank you! Learnt something new again - it never ends does it?! 😀

I think I have just found the answer, believe it or not, it seems to be working now I have chosen SB16 as the soundcard! Disn't think sound would stop the animated intro working! 😀 Will have to play the game a little more though before I am certain, as other problems may arise from choosing SB16...

Reply 797 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To view the conf file used when calling DOSBox from D-Fend Reloaded:
(Select profile) -> (right mouse click on it) -> "View DOSBox conf file" from the context menu
or
(Select profile) -> "Profile" menu -> menu item "View DOSBox conf file"
or
(Select profile) -> Toolbar button "Edit" -> "View DOSBox conf file" at the bottom of the profile editor dialog

Reply 798 of 2280, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:
To view the conf file used when calling DOSBox from D-Fend Reloaded: (Select profile) -> (right mouse click on it) -> "View DOSB […]
Show full quote

To view the conf file used when calling DOSBox from D-Fend Reloaded:
(Select profile) -> (right mouse click on it) -> "View DOSBox conf file" from the context menu
or
(Select profile) -> "Profile" menu -> menu item "View DOSBox conf file"
or
(Select profile) -> Toolbar button "Edit" -> "View DOSBox conf file" at the bottom of the profile editor dialog

Yes, but you cannot edit it there and then,you have to copy it and then see what is different and then go into D-Fend again and change the options. Would be nice to change the detail in the conf file accessed as above and have the changes happen in the D-fend tabs.

Reply 799 of 2280, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, but you cannot edit it there

I haven't played around with DFR much. I recall in the old D-Fend there was an autoexec tab where you could add commands to the conf. I see a similar panel is in DFR under Starting.