VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Myg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I am currently hosting a "dedicated" Dosbox server, using port 10000 on dosbox.game-server.cc . The problem is, that sometimes it just randomly has errors and no-one else can join the server. It occured once when I closed dosbox using the "x" in the window screen, and it seemingly happens with no warning or tell-tale signs.

Any help concerning, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 13, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Connections are limited to 16 in DOSBox and disconnecting does not free the slot.

On my homepage I have a "standalone tunnelling server" (java) maybe it's something for you.

And somewhere in this forum a patch is hidden (I didn't keep track of it).

1+1=10

Reply 3 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

For crying out L-O-U-D Myg!!! Did it ever occur to you to take a look at hal's page before you blindly posted your lazy response?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Just responding in kind Myg. You not doing your own research first is bad manners.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 13, by Myg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, anychance of selecting a port other then 213?

mini: Indeed, it may be, but insulting someone with such words is throwing your own feelings on the "responding in kind". Which is not a level I decended to.

Reply 11 of 13, by Myg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How would you feel if I decided to take a gander at working on it? Dunno what I could add to it, but it looks interesting.

(If yes, may need to ask you some questions concerning; whats the best way to contact you?)

Reply 13 of 13, by Myg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Hal.

Z is the currently active one.

I hope to eventually get players for:

- Blood
- C&C Dos
- Netmech Dos

I have built installers for all of them, packaged inside DosBox and pre-configured for ease of use (just download, install, click and play). They all also come with a simple chat client for organising games (no need for mirc or that sillyness)