VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cyberaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i recently followed the guide to get windows 95 working in dosbox and it works good, however i want to get a cd mounted within my win95 encironment especialy since theres some game si want to isntall and one game i have wont work if there is no cd rom detected as it thinks its "busy"

ive tried imgmount 2 iso -t iso -f iso and again with the num 3 just like how the hd is mounted with a number however it says a drive letter is required for mounting an iso is there any way to get this working

can a second hard disk image also be mounted to work with it?

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

no and no 😀 I think neither works. CD-Rom does not work for sure and mounting a second image as hd doesn't work as well. I *think*

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by cyberaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i tried mounting a second one yesterday and couldnt get it to work so looks like thats a no then

if only windows 95 supported daemon tools thne i'd have a temporary work around till dosbox supported cd mounting

Reply 4 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well win95 isn't a supported target/goal. So we aren't actively trying to fix problems with it.
Lowlevel cdrom support which win95 probably needs, isn't very like to be added to the CVS of dosbox.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!