VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi all, i'm new on this forum. this emulator is great for games as doom, heretic, hexen, quake, rayman1 and all other.
now, can i emulate a sound blaster awe32 with my soundmax card?

Reply 2 of 6, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So can use SB16 as sound device, but AWE music is not emulated. Use MIDI instead, and see if your soundcard has good MIDI capabilities..

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 6, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, it really doesn't help much at all. DOS games that support the AWE32 are not known to use soundfonts or the capabilities (reverb, chorus, hall effects) of the EMU8000 chip. Windows games don't care. AWE32 midi, which is what DOS games support, is not well-regarded. The AWE does not add any additional digital capabilities. If you want to use Soundfonts, use a Sound Blaster Live, Audigy or X-Fi.

Reply 6 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Great Hierophant wrote:

DOS games that support the AWE32 are not known to use soundfonts or the capabilities (reverb, chorus, hall effects) of the EMU8000 chip.

Eradicator does use SF2 for providing high quality sound effects on an AWE32/64. Magic Carpet 2 also has a SF2 used for its midi soundtrack, and it is automatically loaded if you have an AWE32/64 and selected the appropriate driver in its setup program.

I'd have to say these use soundfonts and features of the EMU8k.

apsosig.png
long live PCem