VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Marmaladd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have Rayman under the MDF/MDS extension but I can't run it with DOSBox.

I tried: imgmount d rayman.mdf -t iso

And here is what I get:

Drive D is mounted as C:/OLDGAMES\Rayman\RAYMAN.MDF

But I don't have a clue what to do after this :?

I can't figure out how to run a MDF file, if it's possible.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 2 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox, substituting your imgmount command (which looks fine!) for the mount command I used.

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 9, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOSBox can't mount mdf/mds files (Alcohol images). You'll have to either use virtual drive software (Daemon Tools, Alcohol, etc.), or buy the original/use your original disc. The game works with DOSBox, according to the DOSBox website.

Reply 4 of 9, by Marmaladd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your help. Does this mean I'll be able to run the game with DT or Alcohol?
By the way, I don't really appreciate being accused of using a pirated copy. I bought the game more than ten years ago and I created a MDF copy of it. Now, the CD doesn't work anymore and I'd really like to play Rayman again...

Reply 5 of 9, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I'm not sure why dosbox would tell that it was correctly mounted,
at least for ISOs there should be some checks if the image is valid.

Anyways try something like alcohol, check that you can access the content
of the cdrom through the explorer, then use something like
mount d k:\ -t cdrom
if k: is your virtual cdrom drive.

Reply 6 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Marmaladd wrote:

Thanks for your help. Does this mean I'll be able to run the game with DT or Alcohol?
By the way, I don't really appreciate being accused of using a pirated copy. I bought the game more than ten years ago and I created a MDF copy of it. Now, the CD doesn't work anymore and I'd really like to play Rayman again...

I believe Daemon tools can mount MDF files, and it's probably the easiest. Also if you do get it mounted correctly (shows up in explorer) then you might want to use ISObuster (free) to create a proper ISOimage that will work with imgmount without the need for daemon tools.

Reply 7 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About that image - as ADDiCT says if it has CD music then use bin/cue and mount the .cue file. Either way do this after you mount using daemon tools because that way you won't have to bother with the MDF file anymore.