VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PsychoGoatee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using DosBox with the D-Fend Reloaded frontend, and I can't get CD audio to work. The game is Quest For Glory IV, and in the past I've simply had the CD in the drive, and loaded up the game in DosBox. That worked.

Now, I can't get it to work.

Can anyone help?

Also, a general question. Why is it in D-Fend, that DosBox itself is listed as a program with all its own settings, and those settings don't automatically carry to games you add?

As in, whenever I add a new game with the wizard, such as QfG IV, it only lists the C:\ physical drive, not the E:\ cd drive which I mounted in DosBox's settings. I have to add the E:\ manually each time, which defeats the purpose of having DosBox settings in the first place.

Very confusing.

Reply 2 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
wd wrote:

Does it work with plain dosbox? (no frontend)

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox if you are unsure of how to install & run the game without a frontend.

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions