VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by johnb1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there ! just registered, liking DosBox, but using Boxer for Intel Mac and it works quite well. However
I'm also having a bit o'trouble installing the addon packs for Duke 3d. Duke Carribean-can't figure out where the Duke 3d stuff is when I run gamer.com (which is how the program installs the duke carribean stuff)
anyways, here's how my dosbox is setup: Applications/BOXDOS/boxer, and in that big ol'folder are the games. My question is this-what's the filepath I could use for games. do I do C:\applications\boxdos\duke3d if I had duke 3d stuff and wanted to install it? I'm sorta confused here..

oh, and how do I burn multiple cd's for DOS. I managed to get Blood: One whole unit, but it's 890 megs, so I'm guessing 2 cds. any ideas how would be welcomed

thanks

John B

Reply 1 of 11, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since this is mostly DOSBox questions, I would suggest that you ask this in the DOSBox forum, further down. There are several Mac users there that can help.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 11, by johnb1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah, uh, thanks Hater Depot
as far as I figure out Duke Carribean uses some kind of funky system and gamer. com is used to figure out where the Duke 3d directory is so that the Duke Carribean program can install itself there.. if you don't know where to point the program to, ie what path duke 3d is, then you can't install it...simple as that. Let me tell you-it sure isn't system 7 !
yeah, that's why I want to burn Blood one whole unit, but I"m gonna have to wait a while as I don't have any blank cd's and I don't know how to actually do it (never burned a multiple cd package yet so that dosbox could read it..

John B

Reply 6 of 11, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Hater Depot wrote:

I'm a little confused... gamer.com doesn't seem to be an actual web site

.com as in an executable file, not a web site. If you like old DOS games you surely should have seen com files before.

Reply 10 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

if you don't know where to point the program to, ie what path duke 3d is, then you can't install it

huh? Don't you know where Duke3D is installed to?

gamer.com "website" error, I remember being a bit confused when I started to use the web. Are all these websites using a Dos application? (that confusion didn't last long at all, I just wondered at first 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 11 of 11, by Vigil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, this all depends on what folder you chose to be your C drive in Boxer. If /Applications/BOXDOS/ is the folder you chose (i.e. that Boxer starts up in when you launch it), then that's C:\ in DOS. So if Duke3D is in /Applications/BOXDOS/Duke3D/ on your Mac filesystem, then the DOS path to it is C:\Duke3D\.