VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 29, by Aaron H

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You guys have been great; now the only thing I want to do is to automate the entire mounting process, so that I don't have to enter:

Z:\> mount C C:\QA
Z:\> C:
C:\> QA

In other words, I want my QA program to open when I click on the DOSBox icon on my desktop. Can you please show me how to do this using DOSBox.conf? (I don't know how to enter those commands in the autoexec section of DOSBox.conf)... 😕

Last edited by Aaron H on 2008-06-05, 19:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 23 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

without, exactly as if you'd entered them on the prompt:
mount C C:\QA
C:
QA

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 24 of 29, by Aaron H

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:
without, exactly as if you'd entered them on the prompt: mount C C:\QA C: QA […]
Show full quote

without, exactly as if you'd entered them on the prompt:
mount C C:\QA
C:
QA

Works great!!! ....just one more request:

When I exit QA, it returns me to the C-prompt (C:\>). Is there any way to have it exit directly to my Vista desktop?

Reply 26 of 29, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Aaron H wrote:

In other words, I want my QA program to open when I click on the DOSBox icon on my desktop

and that's still another thing :

to do it you can write the .conf file you feel fit, call it my_own.conf
then run the link using the -conf my_own.conf switch
and you're done, it goes like that
pretty simple, you can prepare multiple configurations if you like 😀

Hey, there's one thing I wanted to add ever since your first post, about your Question #3:

the autoexec section makes for a perfect batch replacement to start with, doesn't it, but if you need some more afterwards, I guess you can't write a bat file in dosbox, you can't use edit.com or so afaik,
but you can prepare your tailored batch in Windows, be sure to put it in the soon to be mounted dir you choose and then you can call it from dosbox and it ought to work
(as long as you take care not to mess with the paths... 😉 )

Reply 29 of 29, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Aaron H wrote:

Would you please give me the procedure for doing that? My commands are as follows:

I think it's already sorted out? Anyway, you already edited your config file so you know how to do that. Just put the lines you listed beneath the [autoexec] section. They will be executed after DOSBox starts.

JAL