VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pantha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm running X-wing (dos version) in Dosbox v0.72. using Vista. Works fine. I'm using the software of my Wingman Extreme 3D joystick to map keys to the stick, which works perfectly fine running Dosbox in windowed mode. Switching to, or starting in fullscreen mode does however kill the keymapping to the stick. I don't want to run the game in windowed mode, or use the Dosbox keymapper which doesn't support all the buttons of my stick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm familiar with config editing and stuff, and using the dosbox.exe as the executable for my Wingman Software.

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

set buttonwrap=false
and all buttons should be supported in the mapper of dosbox.

for the wingman extremed 3d software. ask the creators of that.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by Pantha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That seems to have worked so far, so thanks, now using the dosbox mapper. It does however ignore my joystick hat using the auto function in the config. Using CH or FCS settings seem to enable a 4-way hat, is there a way to actually use the 8-way hat of my stick? It would be great if someone could help

By the way, is it possible to bind an event like [shift]+[key] to a joystick button? I couldn't find anything on that in the tuts or readme.

Reply 3 of 3, by Malignant Manor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro so all the following should apply.

The Logitech Profiler allows you to assign "[shift]+[key]" and a whole lot more to any button or axis direction. All buttons and axis will work under DOSBox . I use the auto joystick option and DOSBox selects 4-axis.

With programs not recognizing the mapping properly the Logitech Software has a solution. Under the "options" menu, select "Global Profile Settings...". Then set "Apply persistent profile" with whatever profile you want to use.

If you have a front-end for DOSBox, you could try setting the front-end as the program being profiled if you don't want to set a profile globally. It worked back when I used D-Fend and had a similar problem with Privateer.