VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lwc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you don't know, VLC is a multimedia player that plays almost any video and audio filetype. It is also an open source free multi platform software just like DOSBox. But unlike DOSBox, it even has an archive version that doesn't need to be installed (and yes, I do know DOSBox' installation is mainly a formality, but stilll).

So no one has any escuse not to use VLC. And since the brand new VLC v0.9 branch offers "DOSBox Capture support", there's no real need anymore to convert DOSBox' video clips into a mainstream format.

Reply 1 of 9, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Why not? VLC is great, but there are still pagans that do not use VLC. Also, most people don't download videos... they use youtube.

Well, if they are your videos you won't need to convert... but I strongly recommend convert if you want to share that videos.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 2 of 9, by lwc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe you should convince YouTube to add "DOSBox Capture support" as well. It's pretty bad to do a "DOSBox=>AVI=>FLV" conversion (YouTube does the last part).

Also, I really wrote this topic so people would actually check if it works...who wants to confirm?

Reply 7 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well PCM is the most widely supported, it's hard to find FLAC support in alot of programs, also I'm sure the cpu utlization would probably be more than PCM but would be alot less than MP3 encoding. Mabye have minimal or no compression as default and then offer higher settings as an option.

FLAC ACM Codec:
http://www.jory.info/serendipity/archives/13-FLAC-ACM.html

if so, would be nice as an option for people who just want to make a video and don't want to share it with anyone.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline