VOGONS

Common searches

serial connection help

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by alphatmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry, posted this in multiplayer but couldn't help but notice that forum had 99 replies and this one has 30,000.

i'm trying to get some multiplayer games off using dosbox but i can't get the nullmodem feature to work. i've read every page i could find regarding how to do it (including the ones found here), and i've followed them to a T.

i've tried adding the server:<ip> addition and so has my friend. neither seems to work.

i've done the ipx tunneling thing too, but to no avail.

i'm not computer savvy so i may be missing something obvious, but be assured that i've followed all instructions carefully thus far.

when i try to ping my friends IP or he tries mine, we get the connection timed out. when i try "serial1 nullmodem servier:xxxxx" in dosbox, i get "connectioned failed", as does he.

is this a firewall issue or something? a port issue? i tried turning off windows firewall and my friend still couldn't ping me.

let me know what the relevant facts are and i'll give them to you. thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 1, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

10,000 flies can be wrong.

Locked.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions