VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gkpandi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi dosbox team,

I installed dosbox and mount my folder which contains Turbo C++ 3.0 but its not running my program. I mapped the folder in my Turbo C++ folder and rest of the required information.

Solve my problem.

Reply 2 of 8, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My psychic powers tell me.... oooohhhhmmmm..... aaaahhhh.... right... I'm getting a message from the astral plane.... yes.... THAT'S IT!!!

There's something wrong that's causing the thing to cause this error and then it doesn't do the stuff it normally should!!

Maybe with a bit more information on what you're actually doing and which error messages you get, if any, (so we can try the same or at least see what mistake you're making), you can get an actual useful answer.

Reply 3 of 8, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kippesoep wrote:

Maybe with a bit more information on what you're actually doing and which error messages you get, if any, (so we can try the same or at least see what mistake you're making), you can get an actual useful answer.

Not to mention being a bit more polite. "Solve my problem" is a very rude way to say things!

JAL

Reply 4 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Not to mention that not all people speak and write perfect English, so please allow some latitude for alternative ways of expressing your wishes.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 8, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

Not to mention that not all people speak and write perfect English, so please allow some latitude for alternative ways of expressing your wishes.

I'd be very much surprised if the OP doesn't know the word 'please'. Aside from the fact that he's from India, and most educated Indians speak English just fine (albeit a bit weird).

JAL

Reply 6 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Putting aside forum etiquette for a moment, I suspect the OP is doing one of two things wrong: not installing TC properly inside DOSBox, or not setting the path correctly for everything it needs (e.g. "SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\TC\BIN\;C:\TC\INCLUDE\;C:\TC\LIB\")

Reply 7 of 8, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Putting aside forum etiquette for a moment, I suspect the OP is doing one of two things wrong: not installing TC properly inside DOSBox, or not setting the path correctly for everything it needs (e.g. "SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\TC\BIN\;C:\TC\INCLUDE\;C:\TC\LIB")

Not to mention that the way to run a program in TC (iirc, at least it is for TP) is to press Ctrl-F9. Guess what that defaults to in DOSBox... (Yes, I admit, I've been thinking for over a year DOSBox crashed when I tried to run a program in TP (*goes to hide under a rock now*)).

JAL

Reply 8 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

You may have had some insight into what was meant by "but its not running my program". Alt-R to pop the Run menu is an easy alternative if remapping the shortcut seems like too much trouble. 😉