VOGONS

Common searches

refresh rate

Topic actions

First post, by Trunks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

how can i change the refresh rate in fullscreen mode? i use win98.
the rate is always at 60, so thats no fun for my eyes 😁 ...
btw: good emu! 😁
runs a little slow... but is good... i have a fast computer but my game "das schwarze auge" does run a little slow... when i increase cpu power with ctrl+12 it helps a little, but not too much...

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Believe or not, some games require CTRL-F11 instead of CTRL-F12 to output sound smoothly. If you're running WinXP, an easy way to do some adjustments is to pop up task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL or CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and keep hitting CTRL-F11 or CTRL-F12 until microprocessor usage goes about 50% or until you hear music + sound effects properly synchronized. I think, sometimes increasing the number of cycles (CTRL-F12) is bad, because processor cannot cope up.

Reply 3 of 3, by Trunks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thx 4 the help...
well my game is not running as fast as under real dos... but good enough... strange that a game which only needs about 75 mhz under does doesnt run perfect under emulation with 2000mhz 😁
but thats not a problem... i really like the dosbox!

about the refresh rate... under real dos i have about 70 which is ok... but 60 is really bad so for the moment i keep playing in window mode... so theres no feature/way to get dosbox work with more than 60? i changed most windows refresh rates for several resolutions to higher values, but it doesnt seem to have an effect on the dosbox in fullscreen mode...

if u find a way to change the refresh rate in fullscreen mode... just tell me 😁

thx 4 the help again...
Trunks