VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox 0.73 Discussion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 180 of 207, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I read on another board, cant remember which one, that the dev team was considering changing the GPL license for future dosbox releases. Is that true? I assume theyd want to, since many commercial companies like id, valve, 3dr and etailiers like gog profit with dosbox. In any case, what license would be considered ?

Rise of the Triad modding site!
http://rott.s4.bizhat.com

Reply 181 of 207, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think the issue was more about the fact that these companies are not giving proper credit or they try to hide DOSBox to make it more "user-friendly" to the user. (What Qbix said in an interview).

It's not really a profit issue although there is the fact these companies are making money off of alot of hard work and not giving anything back. For instance I don't think any of these companies have provided any code changes for DOSBox or anything like that. (GOG did provide the new DOSBox splash screen though 😉 )

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 185 of 207, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

They are required to deliver all supplementary files (gpl license docs, readme, authors etc.)
but are not "forced" to advertise for dosbox.
If you know a case where the doc files are missing, or a modified executable
is used without the adjoining source files/source changes, just post on this board.

Reply 186 of 207, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, I suppose I mispoke earlier. This yet again renews my fanship of the great gog.com. Yes, you're right that they don't have to advertise dosbox, they did interview QBix. In case anyone doesnt know:

http://www.gog.com/en/editorial/affiliate_spotlight_dosbox/

Awesome. 😀

Reply 192 of 207, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PC-48 wrote:

I can't find the dosbox.conf file so I can edit it. Please help.

Read the DOSBox Readme.
Look at the 2nd page of this topic.
Look at the DOSBox menus in your Start Menu if you are using Windows.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 195 of 207, by DaVince

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very nice. The original Commander Keen games now work a lot faster on my low-end PC. Too bad Albion doesn't seem to have improved in performance, but hey, can't have everything in a release. 😀

Don't see me as an ordinary man.
Though I am an ordinary man.

Fan of old games & Commander Keen!

Reply 197 of 207, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Storyday wrote:

hi..why when i try to open the DOSBox0.730win32-installer...
with my e71, it cannot be opened?? it says "Unbale to open.File type not supported".......

If by e71 you mean the Nokia E71, then it should be pretty obvious: the installer you're downloading is for Win32 (as in: Microsoft Windows, probably XP or Vista), not for a mobile phone.