VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

http://www.atari.com/us/games/airborne_ranger/pc?dd=1

Too bad I need to enter a lot of details before being able download it to see if it is something good.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 1 of 2, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Agreed. If they plan to release a game as freebie, which is nice, why asking for so much crap. 😕

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 2, by fluxit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How else can they 'spam' you?

As far as Airborne Ranger is concerned, I can definitely vouch for it as a good game.
It's one of the first 3rd person shooters that required stealth to be successful.

The Atari/Digital River distribution is a Winrar self-extractor that includes Dosbox .72 for Windows.

It runs perfectly on Dosbox .73. I'd recommend 800 cycles(or less) and tandy machine mode(unless you like "crunchy" sound) for the best play experience.

They should have included a list of keys with it though, sheesh.

Airdrop Sequence:
Steer plane left/right and use joystick button/Enter to drop supply pods to be retrieved later.
Press Enter to jump from aircraft when alarm sounds and jump light turns green. Steer parafoil to avoid landing on trenches and other hazards.

Once you are on the ground:
F1 = Gun
F2 = Grenade
F3 = Missile Launcher
F4 = Knife
F9 = Map(pauses game)
F10 = Run/Walk

1 = recall aircraft(If you want the heli to pick you up before the timer runs out)

5 = Set timebomb to 5 second delay
6 = Set timebomb to 10 second delay
7 = Set timebomb to 15 second delay

Spacebar = Crawl/Walk
Enter = Use weapon
Backspace = Use medkit

Complete your mission and make it to the X on the map before your timer runs out.
Running causes fatigue and should be used carefully.
Enemy soldiers respond to gun shots and explosions, but can only 'see' what is in their line of sight. Use your knife when you can.
Don't expect to be able to kill every enemy soldier in the level. Leave some for next time.