VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sliver X

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if anybody else does this, but I set a context menu entry for .com, .bat and .exe files in my Linux file managers to run them with DOSBox.

I recently did the same for Windows the other day and thought I'd upload it in case somebody else would be interested:

Zip File

It works by using a batch file/script to read the defined dosbox.conf, swapping the mount point for C to be the called program's directory then running it. It's all done via the command line so it won't write to your config at all.

Here's an example of it under Windows XP:

combatexe-t.jpg

Reply 2 of 4, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mika wrote:

I've posted an reg file for doing this. Check it out at https://gist.github.com/mika76/ddacc9a1c124cdb43f4c

You've been registered since 2003, and this is your first post, and you bumped a 5 year old thread.

... BUT the links in the original post are DEAD! So what I'll say is CONGRATULATIONS and THANKS! 🤣

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

He he

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Curious about the registration date and how long before the first post, but I think he mostly wanted to share/show off his Reg solution.

On the other hand, someone posted a Reg for this a couple of years back.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers