VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xhemrla11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, all. I wanted to change my DOSBOX into French (including the keyboard layout) but I'm having some trouble editing the Preferences file located in my ~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox 0.73 Preferences. I'll edit the file but it seems like my DOSBOX doesn't associate itself with that file. For example, I'll add a mount command at the end automatically mounting the directory with all my games, but when I run DOSBOX, it just runs fresh, like I just downloaded it. I also set the keyboard preferences into French in the preferences file, but that does no good.

Any input?

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 7, by xhemrla11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, all. I wanted to change my DOSBOX into French (including the keyboard layout) but I'm having some trouble editing the Preferences file located in my ~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox 0.73 Preferences. I'll edit the file but it seems like my DOSBOX doesn't associate itself with that file. For example, I'll add a mount command at the end automatically mounting the directory with all my games, but when I run DOSBOX, it just runs fresh, like I just downloaded it. I also set the keyboard preferences into French in the preferences file, but that does no good.

Any input?

Thanks!

Reply 4 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Moved & Merged

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

start dosbox from a terminal and it will tell you which configfile it is using.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

where ever you specify it in the configuration file that is used. Using relative addressing to directory where the configfile is, or using absolute addressing

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!