VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gamer9999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

just found this software and installed,i can get underworld 1&2 to play with music but not speech can someone tell me is this the way it plays or can i get speech as well?and also after a few minutes it just quits.
intel celeron @ 2.4
running win xp
not sure what the sound or video cards are it is a gateway $500 special.
thanks for your time
gamer

Dosbox & exult just brought back my all time favorite games.

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 just work great under WinXP provided you patched them. Run INSTALL.EXE to configure sound cards and then UWSOUND.EXE to change sound cards parameters, like IRQ, DMA channel, etc ... Save your changes.

Reply 3 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by gamer9999 thank you very much for the reply el pusher but what patches are you talking about?and where can i get them?

If the games aren't the re-released CD versions, they may need these.

The patches el_Pusher was referring to are here (under "Underworld to WinNT").

While you're at it. Take a look around the site in general. You should be pleased at what you see.

Reply 4 of 4, by gamer9999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you for the reply Nicht Sehr Gut this is the cd re-release and i figured it out with all the fine help here and from the exult board,now my 2 favorite places.
all i had to do was change the speech from soundblaster pro to regular soundblaster in the uinstall now i have music and speech.
now all i have to figure out is why dosbox closes after a few minutes of playing(but up untill it shuts down it plays fine)
thanks again guys
gamer

OH by the way thanks for the links real nice stuff there too