VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ackzu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody

I can't use quite a lot of keys in DOSbox, especially all the numpad's keys, AND the arrows...

So, is there is a way to activate the numpad and / or arrows in DOSbox, so I can use my keyboard to play Prince Of Persia 1 ? 😁

BTW : Using an english keyboard layout doesnt help 😒

Athlon XP 1900+
Motherboard Abit NF7-S (NForce2 Ultra)
512 Mb DDR
SB Live 5.1
Radeon 9700
Joystick Cyborg 3D USB

Windows 2000 Pro SP3
DirectX9

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

keypad hasn't been supported yet.

I've heard rumors (and that's all i know about it) That a different version from sdl might help.....

Although arrows should work. Try definetly another version of sdl (for example the one of 0.58)

But officially we haven't implemented it yet

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 5, by ackzu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

err, I'm actually using the 0.58 version

Arrows works, but only when I unplug the joystick... And the SHIFT key doesnt works anyway, so I can't "hang / walk / fight" in Prince of Persia (I havn't tryed it on the console, but I will, when I'll be back from the office 😁)

I suppose any older version of DOSbox wont support the numpad as well, so I guess that I have to wait for a new one that will? 😕

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmm the arrows not working because of the joystick => the game does that not dosbox.

the shifts not working. Maybe SDL
Do the shifts work if you set your layout the US international ?

Else try the unsupported cvs release from ripja.
See the development forum for details

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 5, by ackzu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, so SHIFT works in the console, and CTRL+K in Prince of Persia enables the keyboard --and the numpad, but I still can't use the SHIFT key to walk (SHIFT + Forward or SHIFT + Backward)

I encounter the exact same bug when I launch the game directly under Windows 2000 (but the game works fine when I use a bootdisk, what is quite curious 😕 )