VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sterredag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all!!

I don't use windows 7, but someone I know does.

Now the 0.73 dosbox version seems to have problems with installing in windows 7.

After installing, then opening it keeps asking to instal the program, what already had been done.

is there a dosbox that works fine on windows 7 ??

Or is there any development on it's way?

Or could it be something else. The person in question didn't had any problem with installing and using dosbox in previous versions on xp.

Please help.

Reply 2 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

So far you have been the first to report such a problem. For others Dosbox has installed fine on Windows 7. Screenshots and in depth information are needed to debug this...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sterredag wrote:
Hi all!! […]
Show full quote

Hi all!!

I don't use windows 7, but someone I know does.

Now the 0.73 dosbox version seems to have problems with installing in windows 7.

After installing, then opening it keeps asking to instal the program, what already had been done.

is there a dosbox that works fine on windows 7 ??

Or is there any development on it's way?

Or could it be something else. The person in question didn't had any problem with installing and using dosbox in previous versions on xp.

Please help.

what game?
what moutings?

Reply 4 of 5, by gwjeff61

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently purchase a new computer with Windows 7 on it. When I tried to install DosBox, I received a message indicating that Windows thought the installation had failed. I selected the option to indicate the installation was Ok and was able to use DosBox without issue. 😎

Reply 5 of 5, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This problem sounds fimiliar to something I encountered at my job.

The problem was that a link was corrupt after installation.
Check if starting DOSBox.exe from Windows Explorer has the same effect.

Read the new FAQ.doc