072.png
dosbox 0.72 hercules mode

073jh.png
dosbox 0.73 hercules mode

72presize.png
prehistorik on 0.72 hercules mode

73presize.png
prehistorik on 0.73 hercules mode

They are different color.. 0.73 white color is looks like gray..

same dosbox.conf

why different??

I think.. 0.72 color is more similar to realdos

and Titus the Fox can't play on hercules mode..

I can see titus logo screen but dosen't work next..why not?

'Grand Prix Circuit' is old racing game and possible play on 0.72 hercules mode but can't play 0.73

my system is win7 64bit

Sorry my english

and Thanks for reading

Last edited by tulbo on 2010-03-13, 05:47. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Grand Prix Circuit hangs when you run it in DOSBox 0.73 in any video mode, not just Hercules. There was a bug regarding stack pointer wrap-around that has been fixed, and the game works in current SVN and should work in the next version of DOSBox.

Titus the Fox hangs at an intro screen waiting for bit 0 of port 0x3ba to become set. Once the game can get past checking for that bit, it appears to work fine in Hercules mode. It's possible that it is an HGC hardware emulation issue.

Reply 3 of 8, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Hercules uses normal intensity (grey) in graphics mode. With 0.72 and before you got used to the wrong thing.

Titus the Fox hangs at an intro screen waiting for bit 0 of port 0x3ba to become set. Once the game can get past checking for that bit, it appears to work fine in Hercules mode. It's possible that it is an HGC hardware emulation issue.

Yeah it regressed somewhere. I'll commit the fix.

1+1=10

Reply 7 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The stack wrap-around problem in Grand Prix Circuit was fixed, but an error exit was put it in for the same condition, probably to see how often it happens. Should be fully working in the next release. Titus the Fox appears to be working now.

Reply 8 of 8, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tulbo wrote:

Thanks I tried to 'current_dosbox.zip' but same problem happened again

I guess, thouse builds stopped being properly updated again. 🙁 I compiled my own build and it works properly.