VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by frero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I 've just downloaded dobofro (dos box frontend) and I don't know how to use it.

Example, I have conquest of longbow in : g:\frero\documents\robin
I have dobofro in g:\frero\documents\dosbox

I selected my file to start as g:\frero\documents\robin\sierra.bat
and click on start button of dobofro.... then at the lower side of my screen, I have a message : "opening g:\frero\document\sierra.bat etc... and dosbox -c etc...
but nothing happens ??
In the zip file, I have juste a .txt document which explain that we can use dosbox directlu (without dobofro) but we have to write:
Mount c: etc... etc.. but my hard disk is the g: and not the c: what I have to to in order that dosbox let me play with conquest of longbow without problems ... 🙁
I 've already tryied to put a gosierra programm to run sierra games better, but nothing change.....

Thanks a lot

Frero

Reply 2 of 6, by TheSeeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

without using the front end, you can launch dosbox, then type:

mount c g:\frero\documents\robin

This will cause the virtual machine to see g:\frero\documents\robin as c:\

next you would go:
c: <enter>
sierra.bat <enter>

Reply 4 of 6, by frero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hum hum.... 🙁 I just come back from the tests of your advice.... but it does not work. In fact, my windows is on the c: but my dos box directory with robin is on the g: when I start dosbox I have a Z: SO I tried mount c g:\frero etc... and it say "g: does not exist" I ve tried mount z z: "z: does not existe ...

Should I install dosbox in the main tree c: (with my exploitation system ??) or it is sur that dosbx works if it is installed in another directory ???

Thank for all

😉

Reply 5 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is G: a CD-ROM/DVD drive by chance?
Try this:

mount g g:\ -t cdrom
and then enter g: to go to it and use the ms-dos command CD to change directory if needed. Example: cd install

P.S: I usually tend to match real drive letters with their DOSBox counterparts. This way, I avoid confussion.

Reply 6 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
frero wrote:
Hum hum.... :( I just come back from the tests of your advice.... but it does not work. In fact, my windows is on the c: but […]
Show full quote

Hum hum.... 🙁 I just come back from the tests of your advice.... but it does not work. In fact, my windows is on the c: but my dos box directory with robin is on the g: when I start dosbox I have a Z: SO I tried mount c g:\frero etc... and it say "g: does not exist" I ve tried mount z z: "z: does not existe ...

Should I install dosbox in the main tree c: (with my exploitation system ??) or it is sur that dosbx works if it is installed in another directory ???

Thank for all

😉

I think you did it the wrong way around

mount driveindosbox driveinwindows

so mount g c:\
would mount your windows drive c:\ in dosbox as g:\

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!