VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 13thMurder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

is there any possible way to make a game's screen larger?

some games such as blood and duke nukem 3d have options in the setup to switch to a VESA screen mode and play in higher resolution...

but most games dont, and the graphics are scaled down and become pixelated. is there any way to sort of force them into a VESA screen mode, or some kind of addon? id really like to be able to play doom or hexen in a decent video mode, as it is i can't really enjoy the games because i honestly can't tell what anything is without getting right up next to it.

so, how can i run really old games at a higher resolution in dosbox?

Reply 2 of 4, by 13thMurder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im a mac user, and zdoom OS X is well... it doesn't work. it exists, but is terrible.

no, what i mean is i want a way to increase the video mode's resolution, a lot of the games look like they've been shrunk down... you know that specific type of pixelation ya get when you make the screen size smaller with some fps games? (like when you press the - button and give it a border around the screen that you can increase the thickness of)

basically, im thinking they look like they are meant to be viewed larger, but are scaled down. how do i scale them up?

Reply 3 of 4, by RaVeN-05

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Look here, probably you find answer to your question
http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/ports/index.php
Hope it helps you.

Edit: You can use ZDoom for dos, or legacy for dos, Vavoom for dos you need CWSDPMI. And put your wad to source port folder. After running game you can change resolution.
OR use Legacy for MacOS
http://www.dosgamesonline.com/index/utilities.html
-------
The official Hexen for Mac demo distribution, about 11 MB in BinHex format.
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/hexen/mac/MacHexenDemo.hqx
-------
But i even newer saw full hexen mac version, this exist?
I am extract resources from hexen mac version so images sprites etc looking better then pc version. Have more resolution of image.

Reply 4 of 4, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

basically, im thinking they look like they are meant to be viewed larger, but are scaled down. how do i scale them up?

output=opengl
fullresolution=0x0 # 0x0 stands for your desktop video mode
aspect=true