VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by madman_legion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having a wierd problem where only one keypress is recognised by a game at a time - it's present in both wing commander 1 and 2, but is more irritating in wc1.

Basically, in wing 1, if i'm firing and then start to angle the ship (pressing up for instance) and then press and hold fire, then the ship will fire once and continue moving but the guns will not fire again,

alternatively, if i hold fire (space) and tap up, then the ship will continuously act as if the up key was pressed while i hold down fire, if i press up again then the ship stops firing as above

if i hold up then press left then the ship moves diagonally in the same way and continues to do so until BOTH keys are released (releasing just one has no effect)

note the same is all true in secret missions 2, despite the newer executable

in wing 2, the arrow keys dont lock each other out, however they do lock out the fire key (space) - ie if moving i cant fire, and if firing and then start to move, the firing stops.

Also, afterburners in both games have the same effect as firing, and i can't do both together (ie it doesnt recognise both tab AND space simultaneously)