VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I'm trying to run all those old AGI games from Sierra (ie KQ1, KQ2, KQ3, SQ1, SQ2, etc ... ) and they work just fine with DosBox 0.60. But does anyone know how to run these games with the Tandy 3-voice enabled?

I'ved checked the .conf file and set tandy=true for sound. I"ve even tried disabling the speaker, but when the game runs, it still has the PC Tweeter as the main default sound .... Any sugestions?

BTW, 0.60 totally rocks!! Bill n Ted's Excellent Adventure now works in this version!! (One of my faves) Great work!!

.: gish :.

Reply 2 of 6, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a way to get Tandy sound in Sierra's AGI games without having to emulate a Tandy video mode. Run "sierra.com" with a "-t" after it in the game's directory. Here is an example:

C:\KQ1>sierra.com -t

Reply 4 of 6, by DiabloDiab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Had any luck with Leisure Suit Larry 1 and Black Cauldron?

For some reason I can't get these two working with Tandy sound. It appears the AGI-version is slightly older on these two when compared to my other AGI games.

Do older AGI versions require a different parameter than -t?

Reply 6 of 6, by DiabloDiab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, but if you press ALT+D when playing the game and check the AGI-version then (on my KQ1) it is a higher version than LSL1 and Black Cauldron.

KQ1 was probably rereleased with a newer version of the interpreter and this is the version I have, I think.