VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by butterfly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried booting the latest (1.4) version of the Wii port by Carl Kenner (code.google.com/p/dosbox-...loads/list) from a USB thumb drive (cos I don't have an SD writer) just for the hell of it but it crashes on my friend's Wii. Actually all versions but 1.0 and 1.1 crash on that console, I don't know how the Wii is configured but the following time I tried version 0.73 by Michels Crew/Epitech (www.wii-homebrew.com/download/nintendo-...ox-epitech).
Automounts don't work (the emulator doesn't seem to load the dosbox.conf/dosbox-wii.conf file either I put it in the root of the USB drive or in the apps/dosbox directory) and when I try to manually mount them from within DOSBox with the command

mount d usb:/

it says Directory usb:/ doesn't exist
Does anybody know if it's possible for Carl's 1.0 and 1.1 versions or for this Michels Crew/Epitech's 0.73 port to run from a USB thumb drive and mount a directory from the same USB thumb drive?

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you'd need to find out how the Wii addresses the drives... most likely the usb drive is not addressed as "usb".

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 4, by Yushatak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's technically possible, but AFAIK not programmed into the Wii port. With the latest hacks the Wii can access USB Mass Storage, but the port would need to include the proper glue code and addressing support.