VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lord Chaos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I am new to here and just started using DOSBox, please bear with me as I am not in to all these new things and alot of the old DOS jargon has faded from memory 🙁

First my specs:

Motherboard: Unknown
Processor: Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
RAM: 256 Mb RD-RAM
Video: Geforce4 TI-4200 128 Mb RAM 8xAGP
Sound: Soundblaster Live Value
Harddrive system: SCSI-160 and ATA-100

I am sorry I do not know the motherboard brand, its a company DELL machine that has a few years on its back.

My problems/questions are these:

1. Is there any way to improve MIDI quality, I have no idea how MIDI works in WinodwsXP and I am horrible n00b at this...I have an old Roland Card that sounded wonderful in my old PC...would that be better or even work in my PC?

2. Is there any way to speed up games?, I am playing Master of Magic, but the configuration screen is very slow updating, the intro takes 1-2 minutes to load and when I try to move around troops, they take a few seconds to respond to my keyboard commands, the same with bringing up windows inside the game, they take a while to come up.

3. How do I run it in Full Screen?, I tried selecting the SDL Full Screen in the DOSBox Frontend program, but that had no effect...I am getting crosseyed at the tiny screen 🙁

I am sorry if my questions seem stupid or is answered somewhere, I hope I can get some answers that are easy to understand...thanks in advance.

Reply 2 of 5, by Lord Chaos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. Where can I find more information about soundfonts? and are they something to download?
2. Ok, sorry, missed the post at the top, I only read the one that said "important"
3. heh, didn't think of trying that, thanks.