VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I used to use my virtual cdrom moutned with dosbox with no problems soem times ago,but recently i had to format my hd,reinstall both dosbox(0.74) and daemon tools.now,everytime i mount an iso with it,and then starting dosbox,any application that uses the cd(the daemon tools one)its super slow,its like its emulating a 4x cdrom or something like that,while before i installed games in a snap.what could it be?

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why not just mount your images directly in DOSBox with imgmount instead of using Daemon Tools?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 5, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yes cycles are a max,games go maybe too fast even,so its not that.its like its reading from an old cd reader.i never had this problem before

i mount them with daemon tools because its easier..do i have to mount them as image on dosbox or cdrom?

Reply 5 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zaxxon wrote:

i mount them with daemon tools because its easier..do i have to mount them as image on dosbox or cdrom?

If you are still having to mount a CD in DOSBox you are not saving any steps. Just use imgmount instead of mount and take Daemon Tools out of the equation.