VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by howdee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HELP NEEDED GUYS
I have just set up a Computer with WIN7, from an earlier XP. I am still using an old Program I wrote in a dBASE Clone called VP-Info. It used to run OK with XP; but has to run in DOSBox on the WIN 7 Machine. However, where I used to be able to mark and copy Text in XP, I cannot do that in DOSBox. Is there something I can add to "Dosbox Options.txt" that will activate the Mouse so I can mark and Copy/

Howdee at Annandale, Sydney, AUSTALIA

Reply 2 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
howdee wrote:

HELP NEEDED GUYS
I have just set up a Computer with WIN7, from an earlier XP. I am still using an old Program I wrote in a dBASE Clone called VP-Info. It used to run OK with XP; but has to run in DOSBox on the WIN 7 Machine. However, where I used to be able to mark and copy Text in XP, I cannot do that in DOSBox. Is there something I can add to "Dosbox Options.txt" that will activate the Mouse so I can mark and Copy/

No, you can't copy from DOSBox to the Windows Clipboard. If your Windows is at least Pro, you could run it in XP Mode, which shares its Clipboard with the host Win7 machine's Clipboard.

Reply 5 of 10, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:
howdee wrote:

HELP NEEDED GUYS

No, you can't copy from DOSBox to the Windows Clipboard. If your Windows is at least Pro, you could run it in XP Mode, which shares its Clipboard with the host Win7 machine's Clipboard.

Copying and pasting into DosBox... that would be a pretty handy feature to have sometimes. 🤣

Reply 8 of 10, by howdee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Gooday Collector. Sorry haven't replied - been busy. Tried your Idea; but it runs XP Mode from a Directory that doesn't help much. I have the DOS Program on D:\ Drive; and it needs to be in the Root Directory of the Drive where it is operating. XP Mode in WIN 7, operates from a Sub-Directory or Folder that is not compatible. If I look at the Files with Win Explorer[Properties] it shows that the Command Line is \\tsclient\D\Datab2\DO.EXE. I need to start DO.EXE from the Datab2 Directory on the Drive where it resides, in this case the D:\ Drive. Any other suggestions. I believe I saw something about an add-on for DOSBox; but cannot find the Comment now.

Howdee at Annandale, Sydney, AUSTALIA

Reply 9 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm not certain what is not working for you, but if you have integration enabled in XP mode the virtual machine can have access to the entire file system of the host machine. You have to go into the settings to select what drives will be available to the XP guest. As I posted earlier, both host and guest share the same clipboard. If you have a command prompt up in the host, you can copy its contents the same way you would on a real XP machine. What you copy to the clipboard will be on Win7's clipboard.

Reply 10 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

Lemmings level codes 😉

And a number of others, like Vikings and Gobliiins. Might be nice to be able to copy game error messages (not the DOSBox messages in the console), too.