VOGONS

Common searches

Aspect ratio

Topic actions

First post, by Uhfgood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm just wondering if there's a way to change the aspect ratio of the window. Basically what i'm getting at is, i'm running King's Quest 6, and since it's in 320x200 when I run it in a window it gets "squished" because i'm using 800x600 resolution, i'm wondering if there's a way to fix this, or if DosBox creators ever plan on implementing aspect ratio adjustment?

Thanks,
Keith Weatherby II
uhfgood@artoo.net

Reply 2 of 7, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's not that simple. Some resolutions (320x400?) have totally
wrong aspect ratio in both full screen and windowed mode.
There should be customizable aspect ratio, or dosbox should
handle all resolutions' aspect ratio correctly.

Example, Pinball Fantasies in i "high res" mode

Reply 3 of 7, by Uhfgood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Actually I did intend to play in a window. And yes I did know alt-enter puts it into full screen. I'm not completely stupid. If I wanted to know how to switch to full screen I would have asked, but then that would have been dumb of me considering it's actually in the readme.

Srecko - you're right, dosbox should account for this, considering there's alot of goofy resolutions floating around. If you fiddled around with the crtc registers, you could get all sorts of resolutions out of it... (btw basically it's going into mode-x but instead of 320x240, you choose another res)

Keith

Reply 4 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uhfgood, take it easy, man. I was just trying to help. I never meant you to be stupid or something. And besides, believe it or not, there are many people out there who don't read the read.me file.

Reply 5 of 7, by Uhfgood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was just trying to help. I never meant you to be stupid or something. And besides, believe it or not, there are many people out there who don't read the read.me file.

I know, pretty stupid of them isn't it? 😉

I have actually looked over a readme before and not realized something was in it and ask questions when it was in the readme, I guess that's excusable.

Originally a readme was made to give you a quick start to the program you were looking at, and then it usually had an actual manual. But these days they put everything in the readme and sometimes you just want to start a program up.

Anyways, i'd still like to see aspect ratio adjustment based on screen resolution. Any ideas of where to make the suggestion to, maybe in the development forum?

Keith